As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon Thread: Sufficiently Spooky

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Offer still stands if anyone wants to trade their charizard y for charizard x

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Is Flying Press the only dual-typed move?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The hell with fighting gym trainers when the mazes are so annoying and unskipable until you beat the leader.

Goose! on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hell yes! i got a squirtle for that butterfly thing.

I should investigate further into what i can get for those things.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lumiose City is a fucking crime.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    re: Serena

it would be cool if things started off friendly and then soured over time

at least that might be something like real life

better yet would be is there were actually some kind of character arc or narrative

as it stands I just felt bad the last time I beat her when she was like "I like our battles but I'd like them more if I didn't lose every time"

still, it's pokemon and it's pretty fun anyway

As it stands, only the gen 2 rival goes through any real arc (and it's a pretty decent one, all things considered).

The fact that Silver's Golbat evolves into a Crobat, an evolution done through friendship, is a nice subtle touch

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    tqeOdMH.jpg

This actually happens

I was petting my Charmeleon and when I got close to his tail fire it showed my hand burning and I think it made a sizzling sound

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Use the taxi, it is chump change and gets you around much easier.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I miss the rival being the Champion. It added something to that final battle.

They do make an effort to include the Champion in the story these days, but it doesn't always cut it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    so what's the point of all these hotels
    You need to place where you can privately bond with pink suit guy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

This actually happens

I was petting my Charmeleon and when I got close to his tail fire it showed my hand burning and I think it made a sizzling sound

Try touching Pikachu's cheeks.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I also like how the tourists use pokemon from a specific region

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Use the taxi, it is chump change and gets you around much easier.

I personally plan on never going back there unless the story sends me there

though I guess I'm also gonna have to get a haircut every now and then and check the clothing store selection each day, but those two are both south side so I just have to run along the half-circle

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The detail in Aime is impressive. As I said before, you cannot feed metapod.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Serebii has a screenshot up of an item that should be used in a faraway region

Trade to the RS remakes?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Like, every town has at least one person making a rather opaque hint at a Gen 3 remake.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Is it actually possible to get 1M currency in this game, or is that guy in the stone shop in pokeparis just taunting you with that extra mega-stone item?

• Options
    No idea, although money seems to come pretty easy with the Amulet Coin being obtained pretty early on.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i think the limit in older games was 999,999

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    i actually met the dude who runs the pc system in this one

that actually hasn't happened in a while i got used to the ???

the dude seems pretty chill as well

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tyrantrum can get fire fang and dragon dance from breeding with charizard hoorayyyy

• Options
    edited October 2013
    i think the limit in older games was 999,999
    Yeah, the Bike in Red/Blue was a million so you HAD to get the coupon.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one disadvantage of the switch to 3D

a lot of the sprites in the various 2D versions of the game depicted "action shots" of the pokemon. Rattata in mid-leap, that kind of thing

and now, because you're seeing the pokemon in "real time" instead of just a static picture representing it, a lot of them just kinda

stand there

for some pokemon that works fine, and some, like zubat, are explicitly helped by the constant animation, but for others they're less exciting looking than they used to be

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I really don't understand why they didn't just use the same static camera angle set up from Castelia City in B/W for PokeParis.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm not sure about Tyrunt's base movepool because stuff is still being investigated but

I'm super concerned that so far it has only learned two bite moves naturally.

What is even the point of your ability. You should start with all the fang moves!

confused

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    tyrantrum can get fire fang and dragon dance from breeding with charizard hoorayyyy

• Options
    if you let the game idle on the move selection screen in battle mega ampharos will haughtily flip its hair

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I really don't understand why they didn't just use the same static camera angle set up from Castelia City in B/W for PokeParis.

I'd guess because castelia only had north-south roads, and they wanted to include east-west ones in pokeparis.
    But they could have done it all a lot better than this.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

I'm super concerned that so far it has only learned two bite moves naturally.

• Options
    Like, Hitmonchan learns....like 9 punches on its own?

I expected Tyrunt to learn a new fang move every couple of levels

but then it tried to learn dragon tail?

USE YOUR MOUTH DANGIT

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I especially appreciate that there are no Rock or Dragon fang moves.
    Get it together Tyrunt.

Although mine did just evolve into an awesome beard T-rex and it seems to wreck things even without a bunch of bite moves. I'm just using it's ability on Crunch at the moment.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    betman your safari is literally full of only sigilyphs

Did you add my code @big red tie? Want to check those dragons.

Also what type am I in safari?
    yes I think I added the code in your sig

also now I get what you guys mean by dragon I thought it had to do with my avatar and I was like

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tyrunt /Tyrantrum seem to only learn bute and crunch naturally.

No hidden fangs at level one and no signature move like freeze dry with the ofher fossil.

Its weird.

Its hidden ability better be sand stream

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    went out of my way to catch 8 eevee for future use

turns out that while it took forever to find the first, thereafter they just got more and more common for me until at the end I found 3 in a row

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to get 1M currency in this game, or is that guy in the stone shop in pokeparis just taunting you with that extra mega-stone item?
    I have over 1m atm

You can also hold more than 100 of items

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

okay, but can it get ice fang from gyarados? or maybe thunder fang from.. shit who would bring that. Salamance?

• Options
    Tyrunt /Tyrantrum seem to only learn bute and crunch naturally.

No hidden fangs at level one and no signature move like freeze dry with the ofher fossil.

Its weird.

Its hidden ability better be sand stream

I think I read in the thread that its hidden ability is rock head or whatever

the recoil prevention one

• Options
    I hope Tyrantrum can lean Mega Punch

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    But yeah, compared to the brontosaurus I was expecting Tyrunt to have like, super bite or something

This discussion has been closed.