As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Ghosts and Coblyns coming next week!

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    The fun in Demon Wall comes in trying to down it before the bees spawn. It went from being one of my least favorite fights to one of my favorites as I geared up.

What do you do differently to kill it before bees spawn

Doesn't it basically come down to gear

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I think someone just killed the lambs while they weren't looking our it is bugged. No reason to need a rare fate like that.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    KiTA wrote: »
    So, the fix to prevent speedruns was to move mobs so they're in the way now. So much for the whole "reason means they'll make the mobs worth something" thing that was all over gamefaqs and neogaf.
    Enemies in the following duties will now drop gil.
    The Wanderer's Palace
    Amdapor Keep
    Castrum Meridianum
    The Praetorium

You are incorrect sir. They have added a reason to kill the trash mobs in the form of a gil incentive. They have also changed the mechanics and positioning of some mobs in CM and WP, but the incentive change was to all the high level dungeons.

Also holy shit that DoT change and Pet change are going to be MASSIVE. I'm so excited for those on my SMN!

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think someone just killed the lambs while they weren't looking our it is bugged. No reason to need a rare fate like that.

It causes a huge amount of negativity

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Going to miss the huge amount of DD xp but won't miss people being actually the worst humans alive because of it, whether they be trolls or troll whiners.

N. Than is still going to be insane xp anyway.

I really wish WP was the same 40 myth as AK though. There really isn't any reason for them to be different. I'm so tired of AK and now it's going to be run even more. I can't count on geting in a good Garuda farm group every week.

• MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    lalafell rides it normal as well.

For those that are curious, the change they made to mobs to give players a reason to kill them is a gil drop of about 40-60gil per mob in AK, also the tomes you get is 100 philo and 40 Myth since I didn't see that posted yet.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    The gil change also makes me a bit worried about inflation

3kish gold every run per character with hundreds and hundreds of runs every day happening is a shitload of newly generated capital with no new gilsink to compensate.

• MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    is the DD thing confirmed?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Mutilate wrote: »
    is the DD thing confirmed?

The respawn rate of them is drastically lower, meaning there is no reason to farm. Phase 1 ends in about a minute.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Earrings! But the Halloween event isnt up yet :(
    c6aC158.jpg

F4RM8qk.jpg

Whats wrong with your face?
    JK it looks awesome

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Female roegadyn ride normally.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Echo wrote: »

Female Roegadyn are best race.

I first rolled my guy as Male but something just didn't click. Friend of mine hit the nail on the head: "They look like kinda like staypuft marshmallow man."

The body-head proportion just looks weird. I half think it was all in my head (uncanny valley affect effect, darnit. Hate when I mistype that.), but I used the Fantasia potion for the gender change of my character and am happier with the look.

Does anybody know where/how one can acquire more Fantasia potions? I might end up using more just for fun every so often depending...

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    Cool. Thanks. Sounds like it's based on your race and your subrace doesn't necessarily matter. Female Hyur and Elezen ride their unicorns side-saddle, everyone else rides normally.

Echo wrote: »

Female Roegadyn are best race.

I first rolled my guy as Male but something just didn't click. Friend of mine hit the nail on the head: "They look like kinda like staypuft marshmallow man."

The body-head proportion just looks weird. I half think it was all in my head (uncanny valley affect), but I used the Fantasia potion for the gender change of my character and am happier with the look.

Does anybody know where/how one can acquire more Fantasia potions? I might end up using more just for fun every so often depending...

Right now the only way is being a legacy player (you get one for free) and paying for at least 30 days of subscription (you get 1 for that)

No news on other ways to obtain them as of yet.

delphinidaes.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So far, you can only ever get one as a reward for a 30 day subscription. You won't get another one when you re-up a second time.

That may change. I think Yoshi-P said a lot of people were asking him to offer them in a cash shop or for purchase on the Mogstation via Crysta, something like that.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah I have a single Fantasia potion in storage for that day when Bangaa are a playable race, aka never. :)

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm 50/50 on either switching to Hyur, or staying fem-Roeg and changing some details. I picked a way too pale skin, I almost match my white robe. Looks pretty jarring.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    More pale than Merlwyb?

I keep wanting to change to Highlander woman and be the Buffest Scholar but I'd have to give up catgirl...

Might just level my alt instead.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Did the server transfers go up today as planned?

Looks to be up.

Looks to be up.

Can anyone provide a link to it or explain where to go? I'm stuck at work and trying to walk my wife through how to move me off of Midgardsomr

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    We were wondering, just how many more people need their "first" titan kill?

I know some have done their second relic now. I try my best to get those who have been waiting more than a week for a kill. We did three of those last night... just curious if there are any more who have had trouble catching us at the right times?

I still need mine, only difficulty is I'm in the UK, so I'm never on when he's being done.

I'm not in any particular rush though. Happy to hang on until one happens to go up while I'm online.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    Nyht wrote: »
    Looks to be up.

Can anyone provide a link to it or explain where to go? I'm stuck at work and trying to walk my wife through how to move me off of Midgardsomr

It is in the Mog Station.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

The caveat of the transfer is some servers are locked down to transfer too. Didnt look to see which ones though.

Well that might end up sucking. Thanks for the info though

Well at some point in time I'd like to get a secondary Titan group together. It's silly to rely upon the same group of roughly 4 or 5 (not counting the rotating geared ones) people for every single Titan run. They've been getting people relics for weeks now, it would be ridiculous if some of those relic'd individuals weren't willing to pay that forward a bit.

If we've got 5 definite coil groups, with a 6th in the works, there is absolutely 0 reason for people not to start trying to get Titan down so we can have more bodies willing to help others with the task.

People just have to be willing to try to help with the fight, be willing to do the learning (the minimal learning) required, and most importantly not drop out during the actual progression attempts as the group works on getting the fight down.

I'll schedule a day for a secondary group if there is enough interest.

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    OK, just ran WP and got 2963 gil. Maybe a hair of overkill on the money drops.

But then again, one of my buddies blew all his leveling cash and has been sitting at sub-15k, and I'd rather not be his sugar mama because he sucks at money management.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I'm not there, yet (only 3000 HP), but once I am I'd gladly help out with Titan runs.

Ishtaar wrote: »
    OK, just ran WP and got 2963 gil. Maybe a hair of overkill on the money drops.

But then again, one of my buddies blew all his leveling cash and has been sitting at sub-15k, and I'd rather not be his sugar mama because he sucks at money management.

Yeah, that might be a bit overkill given they lowered the cost of repairs. I can see some inflation on the way.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    We were wondering, just how many more people need their "first" titan kill?

I know some have done their second relic now. I try my best to get those who have been waiting more than a week for a kill. We did three of those last night... just curious if there are any more who have had trouble catching us at the right times?

I still need mine, only difficulty is I'm in the UK, so I'm never on when he's being done.

I'm not in any particular rush though. Happy to hang on until one happens to go up while I'm online.

I still need mine as well.

I got bored so I tried to duty finder it last night.

3600+ HP scholar in party.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Well at some point in time I'd like to get a secondary Titan group together. It's silly to rely upon the same group of roughly 4 or 5 (not counting the rotating geared ones) people for every single Titan run. They've been getting people relics for weeks now, it would be ridiculous if some of those relic'd individuals weren't willing to pay that forward a bit.

If we've got 5 definite coil groups, with a 6th in the works, there is absolutely 0 reason for people not to start trying to get Titan down so we can have more bodies willing to help others with the task.

People just have to be willing to try to help with the fight, be willing to do the learning (the minimal learning) required, and most importantly not drop out during the actual progression attempts as the group works on getting the fight down.

More than happy to tank it, I would DPS but I need some darklight for my BLM >_<

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    90kd right after I hit 50 mining....

edited October 2013
    90kd right after I hit 50 mining....

Overflow error. You are now level 1.

am0n on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

We have been hoping that the other coil groups would just offer up titan kills when they arent doing coil or other things.

As long as they have healers who can do it. A decent bit of the other healers got through titan because we got them the kill. Not all of them, a few of them just healed their own titan run that I put together.

It really does come down to having healers who can do it perfectly like ruby, soup, sid and playeasy. Because DPS can be swapped out if they have lag issues. Tanks don't need to know much, although knowing the patterns and maximizing ways to mitigate it can make it much easier on healers.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I really doubt it needs to be healed perfectly, and is more just a matter of raw gear level and a knowledge of the fight in order to save cooldown/etc for the stomp phases.

Not to undermine the skill level of ruby, soup sid and playeasy by any stretch, but we gotta get over the idea that only a couple of people in the guild can make the run happen or they're the only ones who'll ever actually do it. It's a winnable fight, for everyone, it's just a matter of people learning how to do it and not getting frustrated if there are wipes involved in the learning.

Progression means wipes. It means you die a bunch until the fight is learned. Ideally you do so without a lot of wiping, but death is the name of the game when it comes to MMO progression. Dark Souls has nothing on a raid group.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    KiTA wrote: »
    So, the fix to prevent speedruns was to move mobs so they're in the way now. So much for the whole "reason means they'll make the mobs worth something" thing that was all over gamefaqs and neogaf.
    Enemies in the following duties will now drop gil.
    The Wanderer's Palace
    Amdapor Keep
    Castrum Meridianum
    The Praetorium

You are incorrect sir. They have added a reason to kill the trash mobs in the form of a gil incentive. They have also changed the mechanics and positioning of some mobs in CM and WP, but the incentive change was to all the high level dungeons.

Also holy shit that DoT change and Pet change are going to be MASSIVE. I'm so excited for those on my SMN!

DoT Change? Oh, the "showing your DoTs to the far left" thing? That is nice. I haven't had much reason (or ability, playing with a wired 360 controller) to move my pets around during combat, so I have no real input there...

As for the gil drop thing, well, no, a paltry amount of gil isn't really what I would call a reason to specifically fight those mobs, especially not when "They'll drop equivalent Pink Gear" and "They'll drop tomes" was being tossed around by some people on GameFAQs and the official forums.

No, it pretty much worked out the exact way I thought it would -- they moved the mobs in such a way that speedruns are no longer a thing. The token amount of gil is just a bonus (and one I expect to be nerfed a bit, 3k-4k a run is a bit high).

Same thing with Dark Desires - anyone not realizing they were going to nerf a FATE that literally would shit out 50% of a level at 49 was completely delusional. Yes, it wasn't an exploit (as in, people weren't cheating to the point that they could be banned for doing it) but they clearly didn't intend for us to do that, so they removed it. I'm just glad they didn't remove xp from FATE mobs, that was the obvious solution to me, and, well, that would have sucked.

All told, I for one am happy with this patch. Except... No fucking right-click and blacklist or report RMT? What the fuck, Square Enix? Are you guys getting kickbacks from China or something?

KiTA on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I really doubt it needs to be healed perfectly, and is more just a matter of raw gear level and a knowledge of the fight in order to save cooldown/etc for the stomp phases.

Not to undermine the skill level of ruby, soup sid and playeasy by any stretch, but we gotta get over the idea that only a couple of people in the guild can make the run happen or they're the only ones who'll ever actually do it. It's a winnable fight, for everyone, it's just a matter of people learning how to do it and not getting frustrated if there are wipes involved in the learning.

Progression means wipes. It means you die a bunch until the fight is learned. Ideally you do so without a lot of wiping, but death is the name of the game when it comes to MMO progression. Dark Souls has nothing on a raid group.

It really does need to be healed without any mistakes after a certain point. That's why you only see groups forming based on healers available. A DPS can screw up and it still can be a win. Healer screws up and its a wipe.

We just need healers to really practice the fight until they get it down good. I've done the fight with a ton of different healers, and there are maybe 8 total that I can think of who I know I'll win with. Many healers feel they can do the fight, but haven't seen the last 10%... that's where the fight gets really hard and he stomps many more times. If there are to many mistakes on anyone's part upto that point its just not possible.

Its not exactly hard to learn either, but it takes an entire group willing to learn it. I really do hope other people spend the time to do that. I'll still cool with killing him for people that need it though, especially those who have gone weeks without a shot at him.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm real excited to heal titan but right now I'm "learning the fight" by trying to get darklight pieces still

CD World Tour status:
This discussion has been closed.