As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dear Abbymatter,

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Fuuuuuuuck so x has the ballaest charizard but y has the ballaest demon bird. God, this just like that one woman who had to choose a thing that time.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh man

Blue Charizard is pretty baller

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuck so x has the ballaest charizard but y has the ballaest demon bird. God, this just like that one woman who had to choose a thing that time.

Trades are easier than ever

I'm sure you can get an X charizard somehow

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the choice was moot for me because i have Y and chose squirtle

• Options
    lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    lirelent wrote: »
    What is the correct mass hierarchy for neutrinos?
    if i had my neutrino book written by asimov (he wrote on science fact as well!) i would consult that

hm

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

This is actually currently unknown to science and is the current focus of a lot of current neutrino physics now that the mixing angles have been mostly determined. It has important ramifications for CP violation, could require rewriting the standard model again beyond the Higgs version.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Apologies for the opening of this video

But Mega Abomasnow is the best Mega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691uCe-5zPE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    What is the correct mass hierarchy for neutrinos?
    if i had my neutrino book written by asimov (he wrote on science fact as well!) i would consult that

hm

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

This is actually currently unknown to science and is the current focus of a lot of current neutrino physics now that the mixing angles have been mostly determined. It has important ramifications for CP violation, could require rewriting the standard model again beyond the Higgs version.

i googled to discover that tidbit, hence the answer :p
    if the answer was out there already i would have found it before replying

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So X Charizard looks cooler, but Y Charizard is OG as fuck Charizard?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    why did they put dumb arm wings on charizard

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

pokemon is for 12 year olds who'd like both those mega evos

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

how else would you make him go faster

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Paint him red

• Options

make his fire come out his butt

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Paint him red

make his fire come out his butt

i'm writing all this down, i'll send it to game freak

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Man, all the coolest flying objects have canards.

And active thrust-vectoring nozzles...

F-15_active_1.jpg

• Options
    For something there is an answer too, but I haven't found a satisfying description too. What is quantum spin? I was once told that it was an energy that was like angular momentum but wasn't caused by actual spinning. That seems like a bad or wrong description since one of the differences between force carrying particles and other particles is one has integer spin and the other has fractional spin.

• Options
    Spin is a solely quantum-mechanical phenomenon; it does not have a counterpart in classical mechanics (despite the term spin being reminiscent of classical phenomena such as a planet spinning on its axis).
    spin wiki page seems to back that up
    it seems to be the counterpart to angular momentum

• Options

F-15_active_1.jpg

Does that mean he uses his tail for thrust-vectoring?

• Options

pokemon is for 12 year olds who'd like both those mega evos

are you implying that black charizard is not the most gangsta thing imaginable

• Options
    christ I don't even know you

• Options
    i think that the megas on the whole are overdesigned but that doesnt make them bad

i am just not their biggest booster

• Options

F-15_active_1.jpg

yer a fuckkin canard

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I was actually looking to get the Y charizardite. I can trade you can get it and demon bird if you end up buying it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Who do you think kisses better Goku or Superman??

supes

goku doesn't have a romantic bone in his body

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    woah I've been wanting to get the new pokemon but it would require buying a 3ds also and ehhh

x definitely seems like the better choice if it has the cool stag and also black charizard

question anti: are those flames on black charizard just fire that he is breathing or are they like flaming muttonchops

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Who do you think kisses better Goku or Superman??

supes

goku doesn't have a romantic bone in his body

He will once Superman is done with him.

• Options
    woah I've been wanting to get the new pokemon but it would require buying a 3ds also and ehhh

x definitely seems like the better choice if it has the cool stag and also black charizard

question anti: are those flames on black charizard just fire that he is breathing or are they like flaming muttonchops

fire breath

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Not a question but whenever I doodle a human silhouette and don't feel like drawing a face, but leaving blank would feel wrong, I draw a heart-shaped visor with random flourishes as a callback to your old gynoid aesthetic.

• Options
    mwah mwah

i dunno why i moved passed it

maybe comfort with how i look? eh

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    For something there is an answer too, but I haven't found a satisfying description too. What is quantum spin? I was once told that it was an energy that was like angular momentum but wasn't caused by actual spinning. That seems like a bad or wrong description since one of the differences between force carrying particles and other particles is one has integer spin and the other has fractional spin.

I always thought spin was just a property of the particle like positive or negative charge, except, you know, completely different

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Arang wrote: »

I always thought spin was just a property of the particle like positive or negative charge, except, you know, completely different

It is a property to be sure, it's one of the quantum numbers of a particle. What I want to figure out is what is the physical manifestation of that particular property. Charge for example produces an EM field, it repulses like charges and attracts similar charges. So I guess what I want to know is what are the properties of the property spin?

• Options
    As the name suggests, spin was originally conceived as the rotation of a particle around some axis. This picture is correct so far as spin obeys the same mathematical laws as quantized angular momenta do. On the other hand, spin has some peculiar properties that distinguish it from orbital angular momenta:
    Spin quantum numbers may take half-integer values.
    Although the direction of its spin can be changed, an elementary particle cannot be made to spin faster or slower.
    The spin of a charged particle is associated with a magnetic dipole moment with a g-factor differing from 1. This could only occur classically if the internal charge of the particle were distributed differently from its mass.
    literally just using the wikipedia but you know it doesnt seem like it could be horribly inaccurate to my layman mind

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    whats gayest robot in all of anime

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    As the name suggests, spin was originally conceived as the rotation of a particle around some axis. This picture is correct so far as spin obeys the same mathematical laws as quantized angular momenta do. On the other hand, spin has some peculiar properties that distinguish it from orbital angular momenta:
    Spin quantum numbers may take half-integer values.
    Although the direction of its spin can be changed, an elementary particle cannot be made to spin faster or slower.
    The spin of a charged particle is associated with a magnetic dipole moment with a g-factor differing from 1. This could only occur classically if the internal charge of the particle were distributed differently from its mass.
    literally just using the wikipedia but you know it doesnt seem like it could be horribly inaccurate to my layman mind

That's pretty good really. Spin is the intrinsic angular momentum a particle carries, which directly effects the magnetic moment a particle generates (amongst other things - spin ties into the Pauli exclusion principle as well). It isn't really spinning like we know the Earth or other things to do. I think a hangup a lot of people have here is picturing an electron as a discrete little orb, and even that idea is really fuzzy at the moment.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    dear Abbymatter

are they going to actually get the debt ceiling raised or is the world gonna end

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    That reminds me, I really should keep an eye on the dollar to yen value and slam a bunch over if it keeps changing in my favor like it has.

I really hope they sort this shit out ASAP but I might as well profit from my country being inept.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Dear Antimatter,

I've often wondered if this is real life or if this is just fantasy; am I caught in a landslide with no escape from reality? I want to tell people to open their eyes and look to the skies and see ... but, I lack the means since I'm just a poor boy.

But I need no sympathy!

For me, it's easy come, easy go; there's little highs and little lows and any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me.

Your thoughts?

Sincerely,

Deedubs

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    We can argue about Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y all day

But the true best is Mega Amphoros

megaampharos.jpg

Look at that beautiful mane

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    @Antimatter

If everything goes to shit, and we have to fight for every scrap of food in a post-apocalyptic world, do you wanna be in my clan?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    man why am i not surprised this turned into a pokemon thread

Q1e6oi8.gif