As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    The evidence is that we could make three raid groups composed entierly with Bards in the FC.

I am not kidding.

Not if you ever wanted to use a Damage limit break you wouldn't.

And trust me, you want those Limit breaks in Coil :)

if your party is 8 bards i think the limit break will be the least of your concerns

No damage limit break would suck. I would never run coil without it, unless the entire party was highly overgeared for it.

And I think they were meaning that all the DPS was BRDs.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    The evidence is that we could make three raid groups composed entierly with Bards in the FC.

I am not kidding.

Not if you ever wanted to use a Damage limit break you wouldn't.

And trust me, you want those Limit breaks in Coil :)

if your party is 8 bards i think the limit break will be the least of your concerns

The assumption here being that all the DD spots were filled with bards, seems viable at first, but then you realize that you have no damage limit break and that wouldn't work in Coil. Which was the point.

8 bards is just silly, you wouldn't get 3 steps into the first boss before you were all dead :)

It's not even worth mentioning the possibility of doing it with 8 Bards.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    At the end if the last thread, mouse recomendations were sought. Razer naga and never look back while putting on your shades and ignoring the fuckawesome expolsions.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Anyone know if it's possible to create a random mount or minion macro?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I like how my joke about how many Bards the FC has turned into actual discussion about the feasability of an 8 Bard raid.........
    I would totally do an 8 Bard CM

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I pay the Entry Subscription fee I can get the 1 month veteran reward? Or do I have to pay the Standard Sub fee to get rewards?

@Riokenn Yes, you do. I did the Entry and got my 1 month veteran today.

edited October 2013
    I like how my joke about how many Bards the FC has turned into actual discussion about the feasability of an 8 Bard raid.........

It was probably the "I'm not kidding" line :D

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I'm a bit sad that they didn't raise the cap on mythology tomes but I guess it was a long shot to begin with. I'll have have to wait for those Bard's Tights next week. Regardless, an excellent patch overall.

For any interested bards who plan to start raiding (or who already have started) I did a simple side-by-side comparison of the AF2 Bard and Allagan gears to see what upgrades I should be aiming for first.

Bard AF2 & Allagan Armor Comparison

From what I have experienced and heard from other bards, skill speed is a pretty underwhelming stat for our class. Thus, I focused on mostly getting the Critical Hit Rate as high as possible while maintaining the 470+ accuracy needed for hitting enemies inside the Binding Coils of Bahamut. The point system is a bit arbitrary (both AF2 and Allagan armor have the same bonus to Dexterity and Vitality for each piece) but it mostly works in finding in which ones give the biggest upgrades for us. AF2 pants obviously seem to be the next needed upgrade after the +1 Artemis Bow.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    I think most Bards are going AF2 pants before the Artemis +1. The small damage increase the bow gives, compared to a large DEX upgrade and significantly better itemization conspire to push the pants over as best upgrade. Especially if you stuck with Toxotes, and many have, due to the fairly poor use on item budget on the pants.

Or so I hear, Tobi has more info, I believe. Of course, you can't assign a value to awesome bow glow.

I think most Bards are going AF2 pants before the Artemis +1. The small damage increase the bow gives, compared to a large DEX upgrade and significantly better itemization conspire to push the pants over as best upgrade. Especially if you stuck with Toxotes, and many have, due to the fairly poor use on item budget on the pants.

Or so I hear, Tobi has more info, I believe. Of course, you can't assign a value to awesome bow glow.

Nah I agree with you. Bards SHOULD be going for the AF2 pants before +1 Relic. But I couldn't deny the shininess of the enhanced Artemis <3

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

It was probably the "I'm not kidding" line :D

it was the composed entirely line

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    This patch is WVR heaven.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Anyone know if it's possible to create a random mount or minion macro?

If you find one, let me know.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Man. Going from Scholar to White Mage is a shock. I knew it would be different playstyles, but the entire tempo of healing in high damage fights is different. I vastly prefer SCH, but i'm trying to get more experience with WHM too.

On the brightside, I went from 41 to 50 WHM between yesterday and today, and got my Relic and +1'd it. So woo.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I went for the bow first as I got it quick and shouting Relic+1 in RT gets you groups fast. I'll finally have the pants next week.

Bards are in a pretty good place. Strong dps, very high mobility, very high burst damage, and excelent party support thanks to the silence and their songs. Now that Black Mages and Monks are crushing the dps I can put out effortlessly, I'm happily feeling like a utility/support dps again.

Also remember: Dragoons buff Bard damage. Bards buff Black Mage/Summoner damage.

As a seperate non-Bard asside. Paladins, please get your +1 sword and not just the shield. For one, it's a huge boost to agro generation that allows your +1 geared dps to hold back less. For the second point, tanks do sizable damage in this game compared to other MMOs. Your tanks are 50% of a full dps class while tanking, or 20% of a 8man raid's damage.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Today was awesome. Signed in to run a bunch of Ifrit HM's to hopefully get the spear, then try and do AK for the first time.

Then Sid picks me up immediately, throws me into AK..then basically tells me to start my relic quest. Bunch of people carried me all the way through to Titan HM, where insane server lag put an end to it.

Still...I was blown away. To not even thinking about the relic quest to nearly finishing it in a matter of hours.

I take back everything I said about you guys! You're the best.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Well sumumabitch.

I'm up to "Defeat Ifrit" on my Relic Quest, and I already have the Ifrit Bow, so I need to get in some of these dang groups!

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I've used a standard ass 5 button microsoft OEM laser mouse for 4 years

It is all I've ever needed, even if the buttons are super goofy looking

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Once you go 15 button Naga for MMOs it's hard to go back.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013

Once you go 15 button Naga for MMOs it's hard to go back.

You can take my Naga when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

The Razor Orbweaver Stealth I picked up recently is quickly earning its keep as well.

Neither are necessary accesories for sure, but I don't want to go back.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2013
    Naga Buttons (for me).
    1-12 for one action bar.
    Shift + 1-12 for another.
    Ctrl + 1-12 for pet bar.
    Forward for Limit Break
    Back for Mount. Shit/Ctrl modifies for alt. mount and battle companion.
    Press down scroll wheel for push to talk.

Left hand on QWE for movement, bottom fingers near Shift/Ctrl.

Never once do I have to move
    my hand to hit anything other than opening menu.

vagrant_winds on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Still the best MMO mouse to date: http://steelseries.com/us/products/games/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-mmo-gaming-mouse

Beats naga because it has tactile difference with all the buttons. I've used naga plenty, and yes muscle memory kicks in quick enough... but that same muscle memory just has an extra edge when the buttons have different locations and feels. Plus its not 12 buttons just for the thumb so in some cases hitting things at the same time is easier if needed. In some cases on the naga its physically impossible to hit two things at once depending on the location (without hitting other buttons at the same time that is).

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Any other high level warriors here? I've been thinking about how to manage wrath and I'm getting the feeling I'm not using it as well as I could be.

I mostly just save my infuriated moves for when I actually need to hit them (Inner beast for low hp and healer is busy, Steel Cyclone for Garuda's feathers, etc) but is that extra 15% healing (which you'll build back up anyways, so you're almost never at 0% bonus) worth holding off on the big self-heal? I'm wondering if it makes it easier on the healer to inner beast as often as possible or just to hold back for the healing bonus. I'm only lvl 47 and I can heal 20%-25% of my hp with each inner beast, and thats without berserk, bloodbath, or convalescence. I'd imagine it'd get much better when I get endgame gear.

gunwarrior on
    edited October 2013
    WP Tip for group's with Paladin tanks.

You can Hollow Ground the grudge, so you can kite for a bit, then just group all the Tonberry's up and Mage Limit/AoE down and go Immune for the 20k grudge hit. :P

Badwrong wrote: »
    Still the best MMO mouse to date: http://steelseries.com/us/products/games/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-mmo-gaming-mouse

Beats naga because it has tactile difference with all the buttons. I've used naga plenty, and yes muscle memory kicks in quick enough... but that same muscle memory just has an extra edge when the buttons have different locations and feels. Plus its not 12 buttons just for the thumb so in some cases hitting things at the same time is easier if needed. In some cases on the naga its physically impossible to hit two things at once depending on the location (without hitting other buttons at the same time that is).

Do they have that in a non-WoW branding? Because that looks great for a general gaming mouse.

vagrant_winds on
  • LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    Anyone around to invite me to the guild?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What's your character name?

• LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    What's your character name?

Lunysgwen VanD'evic

gunwarrior wrote: »
    Any other high level warriors here? I've been thinking about how to manage wrath and I'm getting the feeling I'm not using it as well as I could be.

I mostly just save my infuriated moves for when I actually need to hit them (Inner beast for low hp and healer is busy, Steel Cyclone for Garuda's feathers, etc) but is that extra 15% healing (which you'll build back up anyways, so you're almost never at 0% bonus) worth holding off on the big self-heal? I'm wondering if it makes it easier on the healer to inner beast as often as possible or just to hold back for the healing bonus. I'm only lvl 47 and I can heal 20%-25% of my hp with each inner beast, and thats without berserk, bloodbath, or convalescence. I'd imagine it'd get much better when I get endgame gear.

Sadly, you're just about in Inner Beast's strongest moments, it's not scaling very well right now. However, you can tank everything as a warrior, so don't be too worried, but you'll basically have to be tip-top in gear. Using Inner Beast intelligently is key to Warrior tanking, and yea, you should use it after a big hit to mitigate damage. At 50 you'll get infuriate, which will generate 5 stacks of Wrath immediately. Also, try to use Inner Beast after a Heavy, so you can get right back into building Wrath. Berserk and Vengeance each build 1 Wrath stack as well. Berserk's debuff can be cleansed. Convalescence does not effect self healing from WAR abilities, use it to buff your healer's heals. Berserk is great to combo it with, it also buffs Second Wind nicely.

Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Anyone around to invite me to the guild?

Any Ghost is able to invite to the FC.

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Completed the transfer over. Anyone on right now and reading this able to invite Yoenne Vollmond to the FC? I'll nab my few friends later. Thank you in advance.

Edit: got in. Look forward to playing with you all. Should be a good time.

Bolthorn on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah so I spaced out on what I wanted to say about server transfers:

It was super nice to log back in to where I logged out, not end up in Darnassus with my home point reset then have to hoof it back to any place relevant...

And seriously, being able to command my pet while casting is the bee's knees. I never have to stop DPS on my Scholar...

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    I use the Logitech G700. I don't really like razer mouses, and I'm pretty partial to Logitech. Just got mine replaced after two years for free because yay 3 year warranty. Not as many buttons as a naga, though.

Also you can switch the scroll wheel from clicky to free-spinning, and that's just cool.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote: »
    I use the Logitech G700. I don't really like razer mouses, and I'm pretty partial to Logitech. Just got mine replaced after two years for free because yay 3 year warranty. Not as many buttons as a naga, though.

Also you can switch the scroll wheel from clicky to free-spinning, and that's just cool.

I use the same one. Most important feature to me: I can use it as wired and wireless. I typically use it wired (charging) but since it's technically a wireless mouse if that wire ever goes tits up, I can easily replace it. Since my last 3 mice have died due to wire stress, that's important to me.

My Razer Naga died within a month -- left mouse button stopped working. In addition I found the 12 buttons were in a very awkward location. I don't think they make it any more, but when I want those kinds of extra buttons, I usually go with a Nostromo N52.

Edit: It looks like Belkin messed up the Nostromo line with some cheapo version, then Razer stepped in and remake the original? Not sure.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    joomanjii wrote: »

Nah I agree with you. Bards SHOULD be going for the AF2 pants before +1 Relic. But I couldn't deny the shininess of the enhanced Artemis <3

This looks much cleaner than the other spreadsheet I was using. I am not sure I agree with your priority list, I would put the ring much higher.

Gae Bolg Get!

24jb7uT.jpg

Also got a nice shot of the Lvl 1 Limit Break

hlayGaD.jpg

delphinidaes.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I am the worst at this game. Somehow managed to spend four hours tonight just tinkering with appearances and crafting a low level set of caster gear for my former marauder.

Jeix wrote: »

This looks much cleaner than the other spreadsheet I was using. I am not sure I agree with your priority list, I would put the ring much higher.

After reading this informative post on reddit I fixed up my formula a bit and it looks like you're right Tobi. The upgrade to the ring should be third on my priority list considering the extra boost to damage I'll get with Dexterity. Probably even the second piece after the AF2 pants since I can get it way sooner than the AF2 chest piece. Here's the link to the Google Spreadsheet again.

Nice LB shot, extra points cause I'm unobstructed. :D

• Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »

After reading this informative post on reddit I fixed up my formula a bit and it looks like you're right Tobi. The upgrade to the ring should be third on my priority list considering the extra boost to damage I'll get with Dexterity. Probably even the second piece after the AF2 pants since I can get it way sooner than the AF2 chest piece. Here's the link to the Google Spreadsheet again.

Are there any of these for monks? or I guess the better question is where do you find these things lol?

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
    KiTA wrote: »
    Edit: It looks like Belkin messed up the Nostromo line with some cheapo version, then Razer stepped in and remake the original? Not sure.

No, Razer just bought that product line a long time ago. That nostromo is the one I have had for over a year now, and it isn't the current model.