As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

1262728293032»

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Odds are Phobos would get XO'ed after the jump, he'd reveal, push back preparation, then I'd Launch Missiles super crisis and Galactica would be on its last legs. Revealing with State of Emergency in hand would also be pretty strong. Especially with all the raiders and Jump prep on stage 3.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    It's too complicated a game not for something to be neglected.

• Options
    Yeah, we did... not a huge deal, I think.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Oh, wow. Yeah, completely forgot about that. Definitely would've made rebuilding quite a bit more difficult. You almost certainly wouldn't have had five Evasive Maneuvers to spend on the big Raider activation.

Looking at my notes, how bad would it have been if the game ended on Turn 13? Terrible.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Let's see... forgot about Demetrius until Sleeper. Botched Mutiny mechanics (not giving to Baltar, not airlocking Cain for getting me brigged). Mm... anything else?

• Options
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Odds are Phobos would get XO'ed after the jump, he'd reveal, push back preparation, then I'd Launch Missiles super crisis and Galactica would be on its last legs. Revealing with State of Emergency in hand would also be pretty strong. Especially with all the raiders and Jump prep on stage 3.

If the jump hadn't had a kill shot in it, yeah I'd have revealed when I got XOed out of the sickbay. No reason not to at that point.

• Options
    And hilarious. And an object lesson in not blind jumping unscouted :D.

The best thing would've been Phobos' reaction: "Oh shit! 0 Fuel! I just lost us the game!" Loyalties get handed out. "Woo!"

• Options
    That would have been pretty ugly, we'd get two Super Crises in a row.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I'd also like to host a game when I have time, but with the least possible effort, so I'm waiting on Phyphor's automation to complete. I might break down and do it before then, but if there are enough games running for everyone who wants to play to get in, I'll wait.

Its more or less good enough you could start it now if you wanted. You'd just have to wait for me to write some code if your players do anything I haven't done yet

• Options
    I'm definitely up for the next one. Maybe we can give MrBlarney a chance to play...

• Options
    Re: Demetrius. Yeah, I am amazed how neglected it was. I played a game w/ Daybreak on Saturday and before Sleeper was upon us, we hammered out 2 missions and cycled through the entire Tactics deck twice. Game ended close Human victory, but Demetrius man. It is mandatory.

• Options
    Blarney's a CL in Game 2, I'm guessing having exactly the same problems as I did... :D

• Options
    Re: Demetrius. Yeah, I am amazed how neglected it was. I played a game w/ Daybreak on Saturday and before Sleeper was upon us, we hammered out 2 missions and cycled through the entire Tactics deck twice. Game ended close Human victory, but Demetrius man. It is mandatory.

I was so mad you kept prodding them to go do demetrius stuff because its a pretty amazing nothing-better-to-do option. Its absurdly powerful, especially pre-sleeper when everyone is hiding, there's less likely to be cylons and the CL will help you openly

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I'd also like to host a game when I have time, but with the least possible effort, so I'm waiting on Phyphor's automation to complete. I might break down and do it before then, but if there are enough games running for everyone who wants to play to get in, I'll wait.

Its more or less good enough you could start it now if you wanted. You'd just have to wait for me to write some code if your players do anything I haven't done yet

Ah, but what if you're one of the players, and it's a secret thing?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    But I'll at least go ahead and take a look at it, see if it's easy enough that even I could use it.

• Options

Ah, but what if you're one of the players, and it's a secret thing?

Then have the system spit out "brillant" if it's not implemented yet.

• Options
    Its not nearly done enough for someone else to use it and for me to play in the game. I'd just be an observer

• Options

I was so mad you kept prodding them to go do demetrius stuff because its a pretty amazing nothing-better-to-do option. Its absurdly powerful, especially pre-sleeper when everyone is hiding, there's less likely to be cylons and the CL will help you openly

At the time, I could still have gone either way on motives. After Sleeper, I calmed down and just tried to do the 7 distance...

• Options
    I really want to try out the new Cylon Leader mechanic. I like it a lot more than the agenda cards.

• Options
    Game Replay

BSGBG-GameD01.gif

It's a novelty and not very useful, but hey, here you go. Probably would be better in video form or with annotations and better pacing of key moments, but I don't feel like going through that much effort.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Game Replay

BSGBG-GameD01.gif

It's a novelty and not very useful, but hey, here you go. Probably would be better in video form or with annotations and better pacing of key moments, but I don't feel like going through that much effort.

Needs voiceover from the appropriate cast members. Let's get a Kickstarter going.

• Options
    With that, I think that's everything posted that needs posting. While I'd love to dive right back in to host another game, I've got a Phalla I want to finish preparing this week to run during the second half of the month. But I might run another BSG:BG session in November. We'll see.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    You've already done a huge effort! Thanks for hosting this game MrBlarney. I feel like I got a good game's worth despite joining in at turn 16.

I had no idea I accidentally spiked a check. I must have just misread. I'm amazed that Phobos had the patience to ignore a potential triple action as Cylon. I would have leapt at that.

Not a huge fan of Doc. The engineering limitation felt crippling in this particular game. I imagine he would work far better if things were going smoothly.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Blarney's a CL in Game 2, I'm guessing having exactly the same problems as I did... :D

Still the first turn around the table, my good sir. But I'm interested to see how it'll play out, good and bad.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Yeah... Doc is basically a walking, slightly more versatile Consolidate Power. And passing cards along at the right time can win a game, but... it needs "the right situation" to be truly useful, so it's meh...

• Options
    Well hes really only restricted from what? Repair, build nuke and maybe one other? With the demetrius even having no eng drawers is doable

• Options
    His OPG is kind of lame.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Yet if he had used it and shuffled the fuel ship back in? That plus pp would have made lions head the only possible losing destination

Phyphor on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Well being the main engineering draw but not being able to repair leads to our fun situation we had with FTL.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Well sure - but I theoretically had eng covered when you picked him anyway

• Options
    I read Doc's negative the same way as revealed Cylon rules - "actions on card" means any text, rather than just 'Action:"

• Options
    I did too - but everywhere I looked people seem to be using it in the Action sense. They probably would have put "actions or abilities" if they meant both

• Options
    Daybreak errata is yet to come out, sadly... I suspect that will be the case, though.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That was an amazing game, holy shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Heh, in the replay, the board position difference between Turn 27 and 28.... mmmm...

• Options
    I thought you were friendly for sure.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My favorite part about deep cover games is that point where people start going "Huh.. well.. maybe the Cylon is that single card that Exodus buries, and the Cylon players are screwed. I rarely see that actually happen, of course.

My money was on the newbie. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch