As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    It's possible I'm mentally referencing DSi prices cause I considered getting one last year. Now that I think about it more that might be it. At this point though, the 3DS seems like the only way to go.

I haven't owned a handheld since the GBA. I should probably wait for a sale or cool bundle of some sort.

Adus on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    To whoever linked those Breaking Madden articles: you are my best friend and worst enemy.

Like, you should have put a health-warning in your post.
    Personal:

Born in 1937. Parents were a rhinoceros, a Sherman oak, a wheelbarrow full of graphite, a ray of light that shone through the clouds, a fulfilled prophecy, a buried time capsule full of set-and-baited mouse traps, and a real big ol' dude.

Was encouraged to play football at age 10, when he chanced upon a mannequin at the clothing store wearing a shirt with the words "FOOTBALL GAME" and a drawing of a football on the front. He talked to it for hours, and it never told him he was too round for this world or that he shouldn't eat the plastic bologna rings.

Played college football at DeVry, where he studied poetry. He finished with a GPA of reddish-gray.

Dislikes taking the subway, not because of any particular phobia, but because whenever the car stops and nobody gets off, he feels terrible for the train operator.

Refers to liquids in plural, i.e., a glass of milk is "a glass of some milks."

Mutter-sings.

Because I very nearly died of laughter.

I was eating a grape, and by the time I got to the end of the first line I was choking on it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    It's possible I'm mentally referencing DSi prices cause I considered getting one last year. Now that I think about it more that might be it. At this point though, the 3DS seems like the only way to go.

I haven't owned a handheld since the GBA. I should probably wait for a sale or cool bundle of some sort.

I'd be really surprised if places weren't offering good Pokemon X/Y bundles right now.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Be careful though, there's a Pokemon X&Y Red 3DSXL out there that doesn't seem to come with a game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't find anything about the actual game on this page: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-pokemon-xy-red-edition/111454

Edit: Oh, there it is. "Does not include game."

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    That's daft! Should come with Pokemon pre-downloaded on it. The marketing rights itself! A red with with Y and a blue one with X.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    There's this bundle that does come with the game http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-3DS-XL-Pokemon-X-Y-Handheld-Blue-or-Red-with-Game/29330000

But looks like pretty much exactly the price of the console and game together anyway.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    There's this bundle that does come with the game http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-3DS-XL-Pokemon-X-Y-Handheld-Blue-or-Red-with-Game/29330000

But looks like pretty much exactly the price of the console and game together anyway.

Shhhh parents don't know that

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Was encouraged to play football at age 10, when he chanced upon a mannequin at the clothing store wearing a shirt with the words "FOOTBALL GAME" and a drawing of a football on the front.

maybe one of the most beautiful sentences in the world

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    If you are willing to deal with Black Friday madness, I am fairly certain that there is usually a good Nintendo handheld bundle around that time. I remember a few DS Lite ones back in the day, and maybe a 3DS one in more recent history. I'd definitely wait until scans of the ads start leaking if you are looking for a good deal on hardware.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    So it's official, DriveClub delayed to 2014

PS Plus users get Contrast at launch instead, and will still get the Plus edition of DriveClub when the thing actually launches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Zyo-ZufnE

I'd honestly much rather have this than DriveClub so that worked out pretty well for me, the indie stuff is what's exciting me most on PS4

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlptY6G4SQ

actual mouth dropping with variable awe faces

• Options
    Ways to get me interested in your basketball game

1) Put Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" in your trailer

Well done, 2K

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Speaking of not really free games, the Games With Gold thing XBL has been doing will continue, instead of ending this December as they originally said.
    Still only applies to 360 games, which means there's no program like this for the Xbox One :rotate:

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Well I have a 360 and am not getting a One anytime soon so that's good news

I sold all my physical 360 games a couple weeks ago to make space and made digital purchases of some key games that I'd like the 360 version of, namely Bayonetta and RDR, and if I see a couple good games in a month for Games on Gold that might convince me to risk it and re-up for a year just to get those on my system

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Halo 3 is free right now, they haven't said what's next.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I have it till November

I was thinking about that one, though

Didn't they recommend you NOT install Halo 3 to the hard drive when the install feature became available, that they'd actually optimized it to run off the disc? So...isn't a digital version of that game not a good thing?

• Options
    I'm almost positive I read somewhere that they fixed it up for the downloadable version, but now I can't find it.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Drop everything:

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Hikaru-Utada-To-Return-for-Kingdom-Hearts-III-3452

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    When you walk away

You don't hear me say

Pleeeeeeeeaaseee

Oh bAaaaaaby
    Don't go

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I want to sit atop the Nuclear Throne. Get rad tumors all in my buttocks.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Drop everything:

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Hikaru-Utada-To-Return-for-Kingdom-Hearts-III-3452

Just gonna say it right now.

I prefer the English version of Simple and Clean and Sanctuary.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Did they confirm her for music? She might be playable or it could be a Hikaru Utada level.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    To whoever linked those Breaking Madden articles: you are my best friend and worst enemy.

Like, you should have put a health-warning in your post.
    Personal:

Born in 1937. Parents were a rhinoceros, a Sherman oak, a wheelbarrow full of graphite, a ray of light that shone through the clouds, a fulfilled prophecy, a buried time capsule full of set-and-baited mouse traps, and a real big ol' dude.

Was encouraged to play football at age 10, when he chanced upon a mannequin at the clothing store wearing a shirt with the words "FOOTBALL GAME" and a drawing of a football on the front. He talked to it for hours, and it never told him he was too round for this world or that he shouldn't eat the plastic bologna rings.

Played college football at DeVry, where he studied poetry. He finished with a GPA of reddish-gray.

Dislikes taking the subway, not because of any particular phobia, but because whenever the car stops and nobody gets off, he feels terrible for the train operator.

Refers to liquids in plural, i.e., a glass of milk is "a glass of some milks."

Mutter-sings.

Because I very nearly died of laughter.

I was eating a grape, and by the time I got to the end of the first line I was choking on it.

Where is this from? I need more of it in my life.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Drop everything:

God damn it:
    Edit: According to a recent tweet from Teruzane Utada, it appears that the "yes" was just a misunderstanding and Hikaru Utada's future with the series is undecided.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Oh god, why hadn't I heard of Breaking Madden before. This stuff is incredible. Clarence BEEFTANK for NFL MVP 2013

I am crying
    His favorite flavor of ice cream is "ate."

• Options
    @jonbois wrote:
    if you would like to appear in the next Breaking Madden, please tell me how you would deal with media scrutiny if you played in New York
    erik wrote:
    Keep tabs on 'em on my personal weblog, Sports Media Talkin'
    @jonbois wrote:
    I have made you a website, Erik.

sportsmediatalkin.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Sonic Lost World reviews are coming in

Bad news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVR8b70mxvM

It's another shitty 3D Sonic game

The first couple levels are really good and then it sinks into darkness

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Oh god, why hadn't I heard of Breaking Madden before. This stuff is incredible. Clarence BEEFTANK for NFL MVP 2013

I am crying

Clarence BEEFTANK is my new favorite thing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Sonic Lost World reviews are coming in

Bad news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVR8b70mxvM

It's another shitty 3D Sonic game

The first couple levels are really good and then it sinks into darkness

Yeesh

No offense Polygon

But there's a reason GameTrailers has all the reviews read by the same guy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I am crying

Clarence BEEFTANK is my new favorite thing

Somehow what really got me was Julius Thomas' statline as a punter

4 punts, 52 yards

Yep, that's 13 yards per punt. According to Pro-Football-Reference's amazing Play Index, no punter has finished a game with such a low average over two or more punts.

• Options
    making the broncos play different positions instead of just lowering their stats was especially cruel

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    To accommodate Sonic: Lost World's new approach to level design, Sonic does not move at full speed by default; instead, players must hold the Wii U GamePad's right trigger in order to engage Sonic's trademark run.

NOPE GOODBYE

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Why is it so hard to make a good sonic game

Just take sonic adventure, remove the stupid non Sonic guys, and your golden

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I mean, that's no different than having a run button in any other game ever

• Options
    I think that's a better idea than either having a model that goes too fast for the levels you have designed or a model that is just always slower

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    my favorite Breaking Madden gif is from the Jets one, which features a whole pack of Jets chasing a Bills player as he runs a recovered fumble into the end zone

and when he crosses the goal line, they all start cheering

• Options
    I think that's a better idea than either having a model that goes too fast for the levels you have designed or a model that is just always slower

Yeah it doesn't seem like that's the problem with the game

If I get a Wii U I'll probably pick it up because the reviews for Generations were pretty unfair in spots

• Options
    Oh my god Brad why would you turn off battle animations

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Why is it so hard to make a good sonic game

Just take sonic adventure, remove the stupid non Sonic guys, and your golden

The sonic adventure games are fun but not "good" in any respect unless you count the chao garden

This discussion has been closed.