As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    From what I am hearing is that lost world is basically those games.

Lost world looks pretty different from those games, though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Generations wasn't all that, either

It was really great by the start but by the time I got to that Sonic Adventure 1 Chaos Zero boss I was having such a miserable time I never played it again

I haven't played Colors, but that still looks great to me

Lost World never looked too great in my eyes

6F32U1X.png
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Look I don't know how sonic works in a 3d world and I did not play any of those games.

But they are pretty much being received the same way is what I am saying.

So if you liked the other ones you would probably like this one?

I guess.

xet8c.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    They are talking about the Tevis Thompson article on Scoops and the Wolf.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I wouldn't call the story in Dishonored shit, exactly
    run-of-the-mill, predictable, okay

but I enjoyed the characters & gameplay a lot (the heart is probably my favourite thing in gaming 2012)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

captaink wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Whoa, Dishonored needs to be defended? Who on the crew didn't like it?

Patrick is literally the only one on the crew that liked it any.

That's messed up

I'm not going to say that Dishonored is bad

But I don't understand it at all

They build these incredibly elaborate areas to sneak around and then make you a combat god

I think I beat that game in like 6 or 7 hours and never really saw any reason or incentive to engage with the sneaking at all

this is true for pretty much all stealth games nowadays

i felt the same way about metal gear solid for a long time. But if you actually try to stealth and don't give in to just murderfacing your way through every level these games are very rewarding.

I think Deus Ex: HR did a better job balancing it. You could take on one guy okay, after that you felt pretty fragile. In Dishonored, you are just a murder machine. Yeah you can stealth, but it's actually harder and more time consuming than just mowing everyone down.

Yeah you are insanely powerful and that's what made it not make sense to me

When you can kill 10 guys at once why would you sneak

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The story of the city/world was also pretty interesting

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular

That's messed up

They build these incredibly elaborate areas to sneak around and then make you a combat god

I think I beat that game in like 6 or 7 hours and never really saw any reason or incentive to engage with the sneaking at all

i felt the same way about metal gear solid for a long time. But if you actually try to stealth and don't give in to just murderfacing your way through every level these games are very rewarding.

I think Deus Ex: HR did a better job balancing it. You could take on one guy okay, after that you felt pretty fragile. In Dishonored, you are just a murder machine. Yeah you can stealth, but it's actually harder and more time consuming than just mowing everyone down.

well the story incentivizes you to not be violent for the good ending.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Yeah I really liked a lot of the setting, and the story was pretty good. I just wish I had more reason to spend more time there. I did buy the Daud DLC, and I haven't played it yet.

They are making points that were posited in this thread

"think differently as long as you agree with me"

Yeah I really liked a lot of the setting, and the story was pretty good. I just wish I had more reason to spend more time there. I did buy the Daud DLC, and I haven't played it yet.

Yeah I'm gonna grab the DLC stuff when it goes on sale for sure

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

That's messed up

I did that. But I've heard from many people that the 'bad' ending is actually way more interesting.

That's messed up

Ah

I didn't find the story particularly engaging so I guess that wasn't a big draw for me

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Scoops on TED

might have to catch it

Well if you go for the "bad" ending, a few sidequests are not even available, for example
    The ending itself is a bit dark and depressing, but not that far away from the usual light-side/dark-side difference

I also really loved that for most of the assassinations, the non-lethal option was not just "tranq the target, good job" but actually a different way of handling it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    look i'm going to say it

sonic generations is the single best sonic game

additionally, the modern sonic levels were better than the classic levels

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg

They are making points that were posited in this thread

"think differently as long as you agree with me"

the call is actually for a greater diversity of opinion to be represented in reviews via more subjectivity

cause a lot of people don't like or are middling over bioshock infinite, but you wouldn't know that from the metacritic page

it only gets expressed in editorials

PNk1Ml4.png
    speaking of metacritic, lost world's is all over the map compared to colors and generations

lots of reds, yellows, and greens

PNk1Ml4.png
    Acknowledging Infinite's shortcomings, I still think it's a pretty great game, important, and thus deserves the high metacritic score

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    high metacritic scores are a basic human right

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    -Tal wrote: »
    speaking of metacritic, lost world's is all over the map compared to colors and generations

lots of reds, yellows, and greens

Games with 90's and 20's are always fun

I'd like to know from someone who enjoyed colors and generations how it is

I might have to add that I personally don't care much about metacritic scores, since there are two or three outlets at the most whose opinions on games etc influence me at all

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Patrick is expecting a lot of HD Gamecube games on the Wii U considering how quickly they turned around Wind Waker HD

And now I'm thinking about things like "Smash Bros Melee HD" and "Paper Mario Thousand Year Door HD" and shut up shut up take all of it here's the deed to my house you can have it you earned it

"Metroid Prime HD"

With two analog sticks and triggers like it was a real first-person shooter or something

No no no.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    This Pokemon quick look is great.

"Where do you spend your time?"

wiimote + nunchuk is superior to dual analog in my subjective opinion and I have the reviews to back it up

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    wiimote + nunchuk is superior to dual analog in my subjective opinion and I have the reviews to back it up

The Conduit 2

6F32U1X.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

That's messed up

I did that. But I've heard from many people that the 'bad' ending is actually way more interesting.

Not really, both the endings are super predictable, the bad ending just has that grimdark edginess to it that makes people think anything is more interesting than it is.

As far as Dishonored goes, I feel about it the same way I feel about the first Assassin's Creed game. Its a far more interesting game engine than it is a game.

Dragkonias on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Force Brad to play Red

Its the only way to make him appreciate this game

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    oh no someone doesn't like pokemon oh no

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    also the dishonored bad ending is the exact same as the good ending except noweveryone is evil

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Pikachu is the apex predator™ of the Pokemon world.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Well there goes my hope of brad applying his DOTA insanity to competitive Pokemon and going from my least favorite to most favorite giant bomber

Well there goes my hope of brad applying his DOTA insanity to competitive Pokemon and going from my least favorite to most favorite giant bomber

Well apparently they just changed a lot of stuff in Dota 2 so Brad is going to apply his Dota insanity to more Dota

6F32U1X.png
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

Well apparently they just changed a lot of stuff in Dota 2 so Brad is going to apply his Dota insanity to more Dota

MEEPO GETS HIS ULT AT LEVEL 4

IT'S MADNESS

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

IT'S MADNESS
    Oh my god no one cares shut up

Now if I can have everyone's attention I have prepared an in-depth analysis of the metagame ramifications of the Infiltrator ability being upgraded in generation 6 to allow Pokemon to hit enemies hiding behind a substitute.

Ahem,

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

IT'S MADNESS

Now if I can have everyone's attention I have prepared an in-depth analysis of the metagame ramifications of the Infiltrator ability being upgraded in generation 6 to allow Pokemon to hit enemies hiding behind a substitute.

Ahem,

I'm breeding Noiverns so I'd read that actually

GameStop's Black Friday deals leaked out today

It's very clearly going to have to be changed because they highlight Watch Dogs as one of the games available

6F32U1X.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    edit: that didn't work.

Diarmuid on

IT'S MADNESS

Ahem,

I'm breeding Noiverns so I'd read that actually

I...

Don't actually have an analysis prepared

But I do think its a really cool change

I'm all for anything that nerfs overused strategies and gives previously useless Pokemon something to do

This discussion has been closed.