As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 10/16/13: This moment is everything

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
Avengers #21, the theme is "children rebel"

avengers21a_zps903d16a2.jpg

avengers21b_zps71780606.jpg

avengers21c_zpsad28a901.jpg

avengers21d_zps7d4aacfb.jpg

avengers21e_zpsb17f9e76.jpg

New Avengers #11, why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle, Reed?

newavengers11a_zps21352cc1.jpg

newavengers11b_zps328633cd.jpg

where are the NA? Talking to Builders from the other universe that are planning to blow up their earth, because earth is the reason everything's messed up:

newavengers11c_zpse0987a7c.jpg

newavengers11d_zps8e8dc0f6.jpg

newavengers11e_zps8f9c9b02.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #13, Princess Powerful vs. The Proletariat!
uncannyxmen13a_zpsacc472ae.jpg

uncannyxmen13b_zps0ea66578.jpg

uncannyxmen13c_zps62b40ea5.jpg

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Justice League of America #8, Martian Manhunter and Stargirl investigate what happened to the members of the other Justice Leagues...
    ...and find the Flash in his virtual prison cell, consumed by a need for speed.
    JLA8Flash1.png
    JLA8Flash2.png

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The speech bubbles/panel flow in that second page is awful.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Superior Spider-Man 19, Spock tries to access Peter's memories, which had been sealed away when he eliminated ghost-Pete
    BgAZOgc.jpg

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Superior Spider-Man 19, Spock tries to access Peter's memories, which had been sealed away when he eliminated ghost-Pete
    BgAZOgc.jpg

The "prequel" to the bottom stuff from issue #9
    VWMT1Vi.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    BgAZOgc.jpg

VWMT1Vi.jpg

Still think he's going to wind up in the Living Brain at some point.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    BgAZOgc.jpg

VWMT1Vi.jpg

Still think he's going to wind up in the Living Brain at some point.

could somehow end up in the symbiote depending on how darkest hour goes

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Brain Boy #2; "Wanna know what it's like to be a falling telekinetic? Throw a ball as hard as you can away from you, then run after it! And if you don't catch it, you die!"
    Here, Brain Boy has just come into contact with another superpowered person, with the ability to nullify other superpowers in the area. The guy's being kind of a dick about it, taunting Brain Boy about how helpless and hopeless he is, prompting this:

YJg0sgx.jpg

Nowhere Men #6; "We get it: You're and evil super-genius and you're smarter than all of us combined."
    I wish I could adequately explain what's occurred up to this point, but seriously, just go pick up the TPB.

Y2ZhVvo.jpg

Six Gun Gorilla #5; "Din't ya ever stop 'n conceive'a the notion ya might be yer own bad guy?"
    1x2O1JO.jpg

Rocket Girl #1; "I'm here to save everyone."
    Officer Dayoung finds that the police of 1986 aren't particularly fond of teenagers with jetpacks, even after they've disarmed a dangerous gunman.

uTDz5XQ.jpg

Zero #2; "Do it."
    mR3aim8.jpg

Rocket Girl actually came out last week, but anyone who misses characters like Stephanie Brown or Jaime Reyes, would do well to pick this up. Plucky teenage adventures abound, the art is gorgeous, and the setup is really intriguing, taking place in an alternate 2013 that has a police department staffed by teenagers, and a 1986 New York that's appropriately crummy neon-lit.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Munch, how do you read so many comics that elicit such feels?

I could barely get through what little you kindly provided.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I thought Zero was some hardcore modern espionage/spy book from the way that it was being promoted. I passed on it just because I don't like that genre.

Now I'm so confused

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It is definitely an espionage book.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Dude, Tradd Moore's Art linework and that style of coloring were made for each other.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I thought Zero was some hardcore modern espionage/spy book from the way that it was being promoted. I passed on it just because I don't like that genre.

Now I'm so confused

It's not like, Tom Clancy or anything. The first issue has the protagonist stuck between Palestinian and Israeli super-soldiers, while he tries to retrieve a MacGuffin. This issue shows him as a youngster, carrying out his first mission.

It's not super fun and lighthearted, but there's a streak of dark humor in it, which makes it feel a bit more human, than many other espionage books I've read.

And I like the logline for the book, which is basically, "What if James Bond realized he was working for the bad guys?"

• Options
    Oh, here's a neat digital comic I bought; Boo #2.

The setup is that there's a reality show featuring six horror anthology icons, each tasked to tell a scary story, or otherwise be eliminated. So each issue features a framing sequence about the horror hosts, as well as three short stories, by a variety of creators. It's a lot of fun.

2OyprbQ.jpg