As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Well there goes my hope of brad applying his DOTA insanity to competitive Pokemon and going from my least favorite to most favorite giant bomber

how do you like brad less than rorie 'you're empty' matt

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    So, reacting about VLR on Facebook has caused two friends to reveal they played the Zero Escape games and didn't think they'd ever find someone to talk to about them, and my brother to ask me to lend them to him.

sig.gif
    mm i got a much better nickname

matt 'body of chat' rorie

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Well there goes my hope of brad applying his DOTA insanity to competitive Pokemon and going from my least favorite to most favorite giant bomber

I'm not a premium member

Which means my exposure to Rorie is basically nil

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Pikachu is the apex predator™ of the Pokemon world.
    Does this mean he shits in gymbags?
    That he went awol during his military career?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Man if you aren't watching unprofessional Fridays what is even the point

And bioforge....

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    (just a big image from The Last of Us, no spoilers)
    1277334_748970698462261_1467470805_o.jpg

You missed the deadline

6F32U1X.png
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Watching the Pathfinder session from last night. VBomb continues to be the best.

Hey Amherst street is the one on the backside of my place.

sig.gif
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    GameStop's Black Friday deals leaked out today

It's very clearly going to have to be changed because they highlight Watch Dogs as one of the games available

Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $40 are the only deals in there that really look interesting

of course they'll sell out of both within an hour, and then after the new year they'll restock Xenoblade at $80 again

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I'm not a premium member

You're not a premium member

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    wiimote + nunchuk is superior to dual analog in my subjective opinion and I have the reviews to back it up

Resident Evil 4 is remarkably fun with the Wiimote+Nunchuck. I actually wish all third-person shooters controlled like that

gtrmp wrote: »

It's very clearly going to have to be changed because they highlight Watch Dogs as one of the games available

Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $40 are the only deals in there that really look interesting

of course they'll sell out of both within an hour, and then after the new year they'll restock Xenoblade at $80 again

Putting used games out at actual reasonable used prices is certainly commendable.

sig.gif
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before, but the problem with Sonic is sometimes he's not going fast

He should never not be going fast

The reason the 2D Sonic games still work is that they were solid platformers where going fast was as much a reward for completing the platforming sections as it was a gameplay mechanic in itself

But the platforming in 3D Sonic games is more often than not filler material that most players can get through on autopilot (jump in the general direction of an obvious target, homing attack, repeat)

The problem with 3D Sonics isn't that he isn't going fast often enough, per se, it's that when he isn't going fast, the gameplay is repetitive and the controls are both simplistic and overresponsive

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Putting used games out at actual reasonable used prices is certainly commendable.

Eh, I can't speak for the xenoblade situation, but MP trilogy is really hard to come by, and it's not an artificial shortage in any way. When nintendo says something is going to be a limited print run, they mean it.

X22wmuF.jpg

I'm not a premium member

You're not a premium member

Ahaghagahgah

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before, but the problem with Sonic is sometimes he's not going fast

He should never not be going fast

The reason the 2D Sonic games still work is that they were solid platformers where going fast was as much a reward for completing the platforming sections as it was a gameplay mechanic in itself

But the platforming in 3D Sonic games is more often than not filler material that most players can get through on autopilot (jump in the general direction of an obvious target, homing attack, repeat)

The problem with 3D Sonics isn't that he isn't going fast often enough, per se, it's that when he isn't going fast, the gameplay is repetitive and the controls are both simplistic and overresponsive

I should clarify the 2D sonics weren't fast often enough, either

gotta go fast

never not fast

HugmasterGeneral on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    The early sonic games deserve way more respect than they get

everyone's like super mario world this and super mario world that

give me sonic any day

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Pikachu is the apex predator™ of the Pokemon world.
    Does this mean he shits in gymbags?
    That he went awol during his military career?

Pikachu has three wellness violations but the company waved the first one off as no longer relevant due to how long ago it was.

Pikachu told Victini to suck his dick or he'd have her fired.

Mwx884o.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Learned today that Wind Waker didn't sell very well, so Aonuma thought they had to give the fans what they wanted and that's how we got boring ol' Grim Dark and Edgy Twilight Princess

kill all nerds

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    I should say "allegedly". It was proven that Pikachu didn't spit gum at that kid who asked for his autograph or he paid the family off or whatever.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wait...A used Wii for 40 bucks and Xenoblade for 40.

I'm pretty sure the scalpers are going to be out for that Xenoblade so my chances of getting that might be a bit slim but a 40 dollar Wii when all I want to play on it are a couple of games is too good a deal to pass up.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Pikachu has had so many fake wives appear with him on televsion that I've lost count.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Jesus Christ, Rorie. You're DMing this game, pay attention to what your players are saying they want to do.

Aistan on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, Rorie. You're DMing this game, pay attention to what your players are saying they want to do.

But the chat

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Wait I didn't watch all of pathfinder

Does rorie seriously have the fucking chat open while he is DMing

Rorie is the worst oh my god

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So uh.

These Stanley Parable Steam cheevos eh?

This is the kind of shit that would drive some people mad, like just raving lunatics incapable of higher brain function.

Thank goodness I HATE achievements.

Pikachu stiffs every Pokemon he battles against as hard as he can but if you botch something or hit him too hard he'll talk to management and have you put in the doghouse.

Mwx884o.jpg
    One of the guys should just have the laptop instead of rorie, and setup polls to decide what his character will say or do.

So basically chat runs a character by proxy.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    But the chat is Rorie's main job. He was hired to managed the chat.

That being said, they totally need Jeff or Drew to do the chat during those.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Vann Diras wrote: »

it is literally his job to man the chat

it's what he is paid to be there for

6F32U1X.png
    Yeah seriously they should have had like another guy DM and had rorie run a chat proxie character.

Vann Diras wrote: »

it is literally his job to man the chat

it's what he is paid to be there for

Damn no wonder he's so bad

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    If you don't have enough money in Pokemon for taxis the driver will fight you.

ibeo0nb0gfAbT.png

If you win you mug them.

tumblr_muv3zxRK8P1r696c5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_muv3zxRK8P1r696c5o3_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    edited October 2013
    So basically

somewhat NSFW
    qXoKK.jpg

SimBen on