As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Giants are 4-0 against third string quarterbacks

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited November 2013 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo

HERE IS A REAL OPENING POST THAT YOU CAN PUT INTO YOUR PIEHOLES!

MHL_Broncos-Logo_1348849403124_161792_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
These guys are undefeated

Kansas-City-Chiefs.jpg
So are these guys

One of those is a surprise

Giants have still not won a game...Eli's is pacing himself to break the all time interception record for a season. This is how he has looked most of the season.

eli-manning-sadjpg-372073872c5c834a_large.jpg

Rob Gronkowski might play football next week!

Rob-Gronkowski2.jpg

Jacksonville still has a team!

The Jets have actually won some games and Geno Smith hasn't looked terrible!

HOW ABOUT DEM BROWNS?!?

Thursday Night Football still kind of sucks.

Matt Schaub is pretty much done maybe...

sad-schaub.jpg

THIS IS A RRRRRREAL OP

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    This is Sweeney Tom of the Penny Arcade Forums, and this is my
    bJvsBY8.jpg

I won't lie, this week is going to be tough if you're watching football. The Texans for the first time ever are on the Case, but Keenum is up against the unbeaten Chiefs in his first game while Schaub is sidelined.
    studschaub_zps2b2d1194.png
    the brightest smile can't be extinguished

We get Patriots/Jets again. Goody.
    NRDdJGU.jpg

Cowboys/Eagles. NFC East is the worst.
    VsTA19O.jpg

Falcons lost their best receiver left for the year, and would likely lose any other game in this position of adjustment. Luckily, they're facing a team that's in the middle of a serious medical outbreak, and they're more in danger of becoming zombies than losing this game (at least easily).
    There is no safe for work picture of MRSA or zombified Buccaneer players, so instead here is a British TB logo from TheDrawPlay.com, which is much better than the Bucs deserve:
    Buccingham-Bucs.png

The less said about the Ravens and Steelers, the better.
    Laugh at our shitty rings
    0mE7Hvt.jpg
    mHdvf2w.jpg

The Giants caused Carl to jump on literally any bandwagon he could, even the Jets.
    4KFvSNb.jpg
    Two-time Super Bowl winner.

While we're at it, have some Stone Cold Locks. Worst-case scenario, if the games this week suck, at least now you'll have something to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6dt7uqXRE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXS4fLK_Ra0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMpras6Is_Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YXkpuZibw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9jZvHCEV0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZLhn_p0es
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM08p2sxDVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOcuQXQtUec

(I was saving this for when the Stone Cold Lock gets posted, but apparently people couldn't wait for a new thread, and fuck it I spent half an hour on this OP plus it's better than this one so it's getting posted anyway dealw/it)

Sweeney Tom on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD MUST BE A GIANT OPENING POST!

Except for this one.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    0Qcn0.jpg

OP is not patriotic enough

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    What did Bigfoot ever do to Teddy Roosevelt?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MackdubyaMackdubya Business Ninja San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Nothing.

TR is just a murdering, manly machine.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pretty sure Bigfoot is a communist.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Bigfoot is a rare, gentle beast, majestic in both its strength and elusiveness

As such its only proper role in god's dominion is hanging over Teddy Roosevelt's mantlepiece

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone in here not read Breaking Madden yet?

Because pretty much everyone should read Breaking Madden.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Pretty sure Teddy Roosevelt was just curious what a Bigfoot steak taste like.

BEEFTANK is my hero

beeftankface.0_standard_352.0.png

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    BEEFTANK is the QB we all deserve

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My personal favorite is Peyton with the worst O Line ever.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    I don't know...the Vince Young one is amazing. I laughed at the gif of the offensive lineman checked out for 5 solid minutes.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the GIF of Mitch just watching as an easily catchable pass from Hoyer went up and over him.

Billy Cundiff's run blocking is amazing.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    And yet the Jags gave Denver their toughest game of the season, and that's why sports are great.

PSN- AHermano
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    These two teams are going to play against one another in Football, the sport

is such a great line.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Y'know to be fair, "worst of the century" is a bit of an cruel way to phrase it when that's only describing 13 years

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hermano wrote: »
    And yet the Jags gave Denver their toughest game of the season, and that's why sports are great.

one could argue that the game where they had to make an interception in the closing minutes of the game to win was their toughest game of the season

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

one could argue that the game where they had to make an interception in the closing minutes of the game to win was their toughest game of the season

Ok, I may have employed a touch of hyperbole, it certainly wasn't the blow out everyone expected though

PSN- AHermano
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I wonder how many games out of a hundred Jacksonville would win against Denver. Maybe 10?

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So considering everything that's happened with Green Bay's receivers...

Should I start Rodgers against Cleveland (given up 11th fewest against QBs so far)?

Or Rivers against Jacksonville (given up 9th most against QBs)?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    You still got Finley but yeah, that's a tough call

Langly wrote: »
    You still got Finley but yeah, that's a tough call

Their season averages are only half a point apart, and I've got Nelson on my team, so if I start Rivers I'll still be able to get some points off of the GB passing game.

On the other hand I've also got Keenan Allen so that should help if Rivers goes with the passing game.

My instinct tells me San Diego is going to be able to run the ball more, and therefore just not need to put up big passing play numbers.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Rest well, Bum Phillips; you've earned it.

Aside from the fact that you were one of the greatest coaches of the 20th century, you were a Marine Raider and I am proud to have shared the Eagle, Globe and Anchor with you.

When I think of what it means to be a Texan, I think of my grandad and you.

Good night, sweet Bum, and may flights of angels wing you to your rest; we won't see your like again.

Tox wrote: »
    My instinct tells me San Diego is going to be able to run the ball more, and therefore just not need to put up big passing play numbers.

Yeah that might be true

• Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    @Tox Rodgers and crew are very confident in their back ups and Jordy Nelson is still healthy. I would play Rodgers unless you need a miracle game because you don't trust the rest of your players.

Just my thoughts though (Vikings fan living in Wisconsin if you want where I am coming from)

steam_sig.png
    @Tox Rodgers and crew are very confident in their back ups and Jordy Nelson is still healthy. I would play Rodgers unless you need a miracle game because you don't trust the rest of your players.

Just my thoughts though (Vikings fan living in Wisconsin if you want where I am coming from)

Yeah I'm not ready to sit Rodgers just quite yet, and Chargers at Jags just sounds like it's going to be a big run-first game on both sides of the ball, so I don't see them getting a whole lot of points.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    As someone who's watched all of the dumpster fire this year, you'd likely be correct. Our DBs haven't been complete dogshit relative to the rest of the team this season. But, you can run on us at will

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    no stone cold lock this week?

edited October 2013
    Broncos/Colts is the Stone Cold Lock, for some reason Adult Swim still hasn't put it up on Youtube

Carl is perfect when picking non-NY teams this season (1-0!)

Sweeney Tom on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2013
    Trying to decide between Cutler and Luck today for a $ league. Cutler has been on a roll the past few weeks, and is up against the atrocious Washington secondary... but Luck is up against the Broncos and will probably have to throw 70 times...

zerzhul on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Trying to decide between Cutler and Luck today for a $ league. Cutler has been on a roll the past few weeks, and is up against the atrocious Washington secondary... but Luck is up against the Broncos and will probably have to throw 70 times...

Yeah, I'm starting cam over luck but I was thinking about it for a while

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Luck might get some garbage time points unless he's benched out of mercy

I'm still trying to decide between TY Hilton and Harry Douglas.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Rolling the dice on Henne instead of Flacco as my QB2 today. Probably going to be a disaster.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.