As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, October 14, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 18: Just Say No to Mojo

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, October 14, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 18: Just Say No to Mojo

Are you in the market for a luxury Android console? If so, did someone hit you on the head?

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    WhyroonWhyroon Registered User regular
    Wow, punkbuster UN-installed. Glad I'm bored with Battlefield.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    PRAY FOR MOJO

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yeah if people could stop sullying the word "integral"

it might as well mean "fuck you, that's why" at this point

• Options
    Zombie_MoogleZombie_Moogle Registered User new member
    I've actually enjoyed my Ouya quite a bit, so bare this in mind when I say, what is the point of the Mojo?
    I was under the impression that the idea behind making an android console was to unify the hardware requirements, making android game development simpler in terms of compatibility. I get that MadCatz trying to compete, but this is kind of a niche market to start with.
    Plus, the Ouya is relatively cheap, so even if you just want a Netflix box, it's not a bad option.

A more expensive version of a product, intended for a small market, from a company with a... colorful history in the hardware field

Again, I seem to be missing the point

• Options
    rednightmarerednightmare Registered User regular
    @Whyroon: Yeah, no kidding. I really need to start reading terms of service. They are long as shit, but man, I didn't know it could be this bad.

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    The MadCatZ Mojo is going to add PC streaming after launch, so that may be a feature people are interested in:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/11/mad-catz-m-o-j-o-android-console-pc-games-streaming/

• Options
    WangchangbackupWangchangbackup Registered User regular
    At least Madden didn't already predict plays based on your opponent's gameplan, notable players, down and distance.

• Options
    Zachary AmaranthZachary Amaranth Registered User regular
    I can't wait for a more expensive Ouya with the special pedigree Mad Catz brings to the table!

• Options
    roflstomproflstomp Registered User regular
    What the hell is with all these companies and privacy infringement? Just make games and leave people the hell alone.

• Options
    Jaysun DuranJaysun Duran Registered User new member
    Weirds me out that "Kathleen De Vere feet" yields no useful results on Google.

• Options
    apollyonbobapollyonbob Registered User regular
    Punkbuster's also been around for 13 years, and has been used in games like Far Cry, Crysis, Battlefield, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed and Red Orchestra.

This isn't new, and hasn't been a privacy concern so far. Probably because it doesn't work as described, would be my guess.

• Options
    MoganMogan Registered User regular
    @rednightmare Could be ... but probably isn't.

• Options
    Don RebaDon Reba Registered User regular
    Yes, Mojo! Take me! Take me to your sweet bosom!

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    At least Madden didn't already predict plays based on your opponent's gameplan, notable players, down and distance.
    I know zilch about what Madden does. Is your statement sarcastic and Madden does the things you say it doesn't?

• Options
    OmerGOmerG Registered User regular
    Please please please release a gag reel with all of Arthur's references.

Build a man a fire and he'll be hot for a day;
    Set a man on fire and he'll be hot for the rest of his life.

Check out Ned the Chainsaw Guy. He's a cool cat.
  • Options
    Token GingerToken Ginger Registered User new member
    Punkbuster's also been around for 13 years, and has been used in games like Far Cry, Crysis, Battlefield, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed and Red Orchestra.

This isn't new, and hasn't been a privacy concern so far. Probably because it doesn't work as described, would be my guess.

@apollyonbob Just 'cause a pickle's old, doesn't mean it's kosher.

• Options
    ZeraphaelZeraphael PDXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    There's also an nVidia console/streaming/handheld/etc product.

Thinkgeek sells it : http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/17d6/?cpg=56727116&msg_id=56727116&et_rid=659401043&linkid=56727116_feature1_17d6

Zeraphael on
    fs_f4aaa2c905a534c3966d53bf5d2639c9.png
  • Options
    enderandrewenderandrew Systems Engineer OmahaRegistered User regular
    The Mojo may add TV streaming later, but the Nvidia Shield has it today. And it can be used for mobile gaming.

So the Mojo is a Shield for the same price, minus mobile gaming, and you have to wait for PC streaming. Oh joy!

• Options
    Samus AranSamus Aran Registered User regular
    Things like Punk Buster is one of the many reasons I never play online games. Not that I would play BF4 in the first place :/