As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

External Drive not showing up

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
Hello friends!

My girlfriend brought me this old Western Digital Scorpio drive she has. It worked fine on her old mac but when she got hr laptop it has never worked. I've taken a crack at it, and when I hook it up to my PC it shows up in my control panel and device manager, but it doesn't show up under my computer and I can't seem to access it in any way. Anyone have any idea what I should do here? Thanks!

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Is her new laptop also a mac? because that drive is probably formated in HFS+ which isn't readabel by windows, hence why you can't see it on your computer.

But to check the drive on your computer go to: control panel-> admin tools -> computer management -> disk management.
    And from there you should be able to see the disk, and then format it if you wish, or assign it a drive letter so you can mount it.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok checking the Disk Management, it shows up as unknown Disk 1, I can't find an option to assign a drive letter and when I right click it I get the option to initialize the disk, but when I try I get an error that says incorrect function.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea its probably formatted for mac. i had a drive that was mac formated and wouldn't get recognized until i reformatted it

camo_sig.png