As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keep getting logged out and back in when refreshing the site (Chrome).

GoatmonGoatmon Companion of KessRegistered User regular
For some reason,it seems like every other time the page refreshes, it shows me as logged out. Then if I refresh, I'm logged in again.

Never seen anything like this before.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm noticing the same thing too. Also on chrome.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I as well

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm having the same thing, in firefox

steam_sig.png
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Same. Firefox here.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Firefox as well.

edit- it also happens when I change pages in a thread as well, in which case refreshing doesn't do the trick.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    same here, chrome

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I can also confirm the same login issue for chrome

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Yeah, got the issue on Chrome as well

• Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Getting the same on IE9 - refreshing helps most of the time. When refreshing doesn't work and I have to actually log back in, the prompt for username / password will not always display correctly either.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm having the same thing, in firefox

Thank God, I thought I was going mad. Yeah, swapping pages logs me out and not back in again at all.

Has Geth finally enacted his Omega Protocol?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Same here (Chrome)
    I'm also sometimes loading empty pages. They load if I refresh once or twice.

PS. Also just got an error message while typing this 'There was an error performing your request. Please try again.'
    I assume it's the draft auto-saving function?
    Then I tried posting the reply and nothing happened.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Whether this is helpful info or not - I'm having the same issue in Chrome on an HTC One, but using the default browser so far haven't experienced it.

I mean there are whole other issues with the default browser but not this particular one!

Edit: also, in Chrome, getting a lot of "server error" messages.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Firefox user here. Site is slow, I'm getting logged out every few minutes, sometimes only blank white pages load and getting the occasional server error message.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it's a problem we have seen before, usually something to do when the servers are getting hammered. I think if the authentication server is struggling, the site spits back a logged-out user page rather than updating with your user details, rather than failing to load entirely.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Same problem here, half the time I reload a tab I get logged out

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    It's been getting worse since about 8 hours ago

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Not sure how much help another "me too" will be at this point, but me too. Chrome.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Same, Opera.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Happening to me in Safari on my iPhone.

It's seems like the draft autosave breaks things until I navigate to another page or the forum index.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Firefox here, and it doesn't log me back in when I refresh every time.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    same issue in firefox here on this end as well.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I'm in Opera. I've refreshed this page 6 times with no issues but sometimes when I click on a subforum it logs me out. Dunno if that's just coincidental or not.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Having the same issue in any browser I use (tried it on Chrome, then Firefox, then Safari, Opera, and finally IE, eventually get logged out no matter what I do on the site).

Sweeney Tom on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Likewise here, using IE 9 as well (it's a work computer I don't have a choice. :cry: ). That and when I am logged in I am getting a "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." when I attempted to post.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I guess at this point it's a confirmed cross-browser thing, but for what it's worth, I'm getting it on both the Firefox nightlies on Windows and Firefox stable on Android.

I'm also not sure if this is related, but the three forum-wide messages (CMS Critic voting, Indie Games subforum and updated rules) keep appearing at the top of sub-forum lists. There's no X button to dismiss the messages either (I can't remember if there always was before, though).
    klemming wrote: »
    PS. Also just got an error message while typing this 'There was an error performing your request. Please try again.'
    I assume it's the draft auto-saving function?

Also getting a lot of this on both devices, too. Replies are posted fine, though. It's just that message keeps popping up, whether or not I've typed anything in the reply box, but some (not all) drafts still save normally.

Cyvros on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Happening here on Chrome.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Firefox here, also getting permissions problems trying to view/use bookmarks.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Lost some servers last night when the forums went down for ~ 10 minutes. Brought the cluster back up in a reduced capacity but it was 3am and I was due for performing maintenance for another customer about 5 minutes from when this happened, so I just had to leave it in "mostly working" state. Should be fixed now.

Sorry for the frustrations.

• Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks @IcyLiquid - not seen any more log-outs so all looking good

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just popped in to say it seemed to have sorted itself. Thanks Icy!

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks Icy!

forumsig.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Huzzah!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    It just happened to me again -- using safari

LostNinja on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So far it hasn't happened to me again since after I went to bed after reporting this.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Lost some servers last night when the forums went down for ~ 10 minutes. Brought the cluster back up in a reduced capacity but it was 3am and I was due for performing maintenance for another customer about 5 minutes from when this happened, so I just had to leave it in "mostly working" state. Should be fixed now.

Sorry for the frustrations.

Y-You are seeing other forums behind our back?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Running into this issue on Safari, both mobile and regular site. Using the 'Back' button logs me out.