As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    "WHO'S THE ROOKIE NOW?"

Seriously. I marked the fuck out. Got goosebumps.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I don't know why but I'm pretty damn hyped for Del Rio/Cena at HiaC.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Big E has improved so much since his time in FCW it's ridiculous.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    He just has so much raw intensity and aggression. Plus he can freaking move for being super thick.

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I love JBL believing Torito is a real bull.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Wish Zeb would shut up and stick to twirling his epic stach.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I'm wonder how well the Mexican crowds received Los Matadores this week.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Smackdown's almost over so it's time for LUCHA!

http://deportes.terra.com.mx/en-vivo/18025/

The guy coming out right now has "You Give Love a Bad Name" as his theme song and it's glorious.

And here's a cheat sheet for the matches

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=29207

Magell on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    you uh

you know mexico isn't spain, right

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    you uh

Yes I know. I'm still curious to find out how the Mexican crowds took to them.

• Options
    That was a GREAT match.

• Options
    you uh

If their reaction for a guy in a monkey suit in CMLL is any indication they'll love Torito.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    you uh

If their reaction for a guy in a monkey suit in CMLL is any indication they'll love Torito.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIL5R80dv8

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Why are his hands covered in cocaine, does he have a problem? Big E do we need to sit you down for an intervention?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Why are his hands covered in cocaine, does he have a problem? Big E do we need to sit you down for an intervention?

During his entrance he makes a show of having, what's it called?, "gripping powder" on his hands.

• Options
    I looked for some clips of Langston powerlifting on youtube and this is all I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0uV-VrI-6A

He was still professionally lifting while training at NXT.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    So I'm glad I bought that Kevin Steen: Hell Rising ROH DVD right when it came out because apparently the company can't sell it anymore do to Jim Cornette threatening to sue over what Steen said in the documentary portion.

If that's the case would I get in trouble for trying to sell the DVD on ebay? I legally paid for it after all.

Considering that Jim Cornette spends all his free time shit talking about people in wrestling you think he'd have thick enough skin to take something thrown back at him.

Pretty sure you're protected by the doctrine of first sale (I believe it's called?).
    The Betman wrote: »
    So, this week's NXT is pretty bleh. The commentary from Scott Dawson is evidence enough as to why this is his last show. Renee did well though, keeping things interesting and teaming up with Regal in making fun of Dawson.

That said the show's worth watching for the main event of Sami vs Bo alone.

I was also very lukewarm on
    he way that Sami v Bo match ended. That turnbuckle hit didn't really look like anything. In fact, turnbuckle hits always make me go 'really?' as something people sell like that.

Also yes, the commentary from Scott Dawson was fucking terrible

I was more bewildered by how a missed foot on the ropes is grounds for restarting the match, but using the exposed turnbuckle isn't. But I guess that's just JBL heeling it up.

(I did like "don't make me learn your name!" though.)

Looking at the pics of Punk and Goldust a few pages back, and that the latter retweeted one, I'm wondering if I should try tweeting some of the ones I used as subjects of pics many, many years ago. What do you guys think; should I go for it?

http://lbdnytetrayn.deviantart.com/art/Stone-Cold-Simpson-style-31175910?q=gallery:LBDNytetrayn/22251945&qo=18

http://lbdnytetrayn.deviantart.com/art/gWo-31176732?q=gallery:LBDNytetrayn/22251945&qo=27

http://lbdnytetrayn.deviantart.com/art/gWo-vs-Sting-31440966?q=gallery:LBDNytetrayn/22251945&qo=66

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Big E claps his hands to create a cloud of magnesium, then walks through it in his entrance. I liked that detail.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Finally got to it.
    o3KJIuS.jpg

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Big E claps his hands to create a cloud of magnesium, then walks through it in his entrance. I liked that detail.

Guy was a big Goldberg fan, figures he'd want some type of theatrical entrance.

• Options
    Argh, why is highspots having a sale on their DGUSA/EVOLVE stock? I'm trying to not buy so much shit now.

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Big E is already a fan!

Amazing picture, Mike!

Big M Langstein on
    fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So TNA is going back to the Impact Zone starting in late November taping 6 WEEKS OF SHOWS at once.

I realize they are desperate to save money but really? Nearly 12 hours of wrestling at one time? Do they really expect a crowd to stay up for that long?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    12 hours of AJ Styles corpsing and Bully Ray carrying everybody

• Options
    Unless it's spread out over several days which makes much more sense. Then again this is TNA we're talking about.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    WHO'S THE ROOKIE NOW

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I don't know how you can see that picture of Big E and not know his hands are covered in that weight lifting chalk stuff he claps for his entrance. Unless you've never watched him enter the ring before a match.

I mean, I liked his old "I'm A Soldier" theme better too, but come on.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Also I keep forgetting Langston has Caribbean blood in him.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I got that you were making a joke Dyvim.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Billy Gunn, who is a trainer for NXT superstars, worked as the special guest referee in the Bo Dallas vs. Sami Zayn match in Daytona last night. Gunn turned on Zayn, which allowed Dallas to retain the NXT Championship. There is no word if Gunn will be involved in more storylines down the road for NXT or not.

Billy is a terrible heel so I hope this isn't referenced on TV. And by "TV" I mean "my laptop".

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    I really liked the Bo/Zayn match from NXT this week. They did a great job with near falls and I liked Zayn stealing Bo's finisher. Rene could be pretty good on commentary once she follows up her reactions to moves with some commentary. Loved Dawson miscalling two moves in the replay at the end of the match, although I guess a bulldog is a variation of a DDT so maybe I'll let that one slide.

I love the NXT crowd. Chanting Little Bo Peep at Bo was phenomenal.

• Options
    Several WWE news bits.
    WWE has announced that Brad Maddox suffered a concussion after the Big Show knocked him out on Smackdown. Of course, this is only part of the storyline.

NXT star Tyler Breeze, who was trained by Lance Storm, is now on the house show loop in the US this weekend.

Big E. Langston is now officially a babyface after last night's Smackdown. He was a face on NXT but worked as a heel for the main roster.

NXT will tape their next set of TV on Thursday, October 24 at Full Sail University.

The original Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama, was added to the WWE Alumni section.

WWE has released a new John Cena shirt that says "Even Stronger" on it.

Didn't know Breeze was trained by Storm. And unless Wikipedia means another guy, CJ Parker was trained by Truth Martini.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Just watched the Big E turn.

Right after he gives Axel the belly to belly, Punk looks over, shrugs his shoulders and then goes after Ryback.

Got a chuckle out of me.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just watched the Big E turn.

Right after he gives Axel the belly to belly, Punk looks over, shrugs his shoulders and then goes after Ryback.

Got a chuckle out of me.

He did the same thing when R Truth asked to tag with him.

"Sure, fuck it" is also what the creative team says

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    From the October 17th WWE Mexico live event:
    (3) Los Matadores def. Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal. Los Matadores and El Torito were over huge in Mexico.

Well that answers my question.

• Options
    Speaking of PPVs I'm going to see if HiaC is available yet on the Live Event Player for my PS3. It will be my first time testing out that system. It's a full 10 dollars cheaper than xfinity (HD version that is) so I hope it works.

• Options
    Speaking of PPVs I'm going to see if HiaC is available yet on the Live Event Player for my PS3. It will be my first time testing out that system. It's a full 10 dollars cheaper than xfinity (HD version that is) so I hope it works.

I tried it with Summer Slam and it was kind of awful, but that was the first time they'd done it I think, maybe it's better now.

• Options
    MikeLL wrote: »

I tried it with Summer Slam and it was kind of awful, but that was the first time they'd done it I think, maybe it's better now.

Awful how?

This discussion has been closed.