As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    MikeLL wrote: »
    Speaking of PPVs I'm going to see if HiaC is available yet on the Live Event Player for my PS3. It will be my first time testing out that system. It's a full 10 dollars cheaper than xfinity (HD version that is) so I hope it works.

I tried it with Summer Slam and it was kind of awful, but that was the first time they'd done it I think, maybe it's better now.

Awful how?

it kept stopping and going back in time to stuff I'd already seen, sometimes getting stuck in a loop.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Speaking of PPVs I'm going to see if HiaC is available yet on the Live Event Player for my PS3. It will be my first time testing out that system. It's a full 10 dollars cheaper than xfinity (HD version that is) so I hope it works.

I tried it with Summer Slam and it was kind of awful, but that was the first time they'd done it I think, maybe it's better now.

Awful how?

it kept stopping and going back in time to stuff I'd already seen, sometimes getting stuck in a loop.

Were you able to replay it later or get your money back?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!

Awful how?

Were you able to replay it later or get your money back?

Able to replay it later. Didn't bother trying to get money back for it or anything.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    why wouldn't you give big e at least a little music stinger before playing punk's music

whyyyyyyyy

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I didn't think this Attitude Era RAW could get any more important when Shawn Michaels got announced as the new commissioner

then Jerry Lawler casually dropped the sentence "that mark henry, he's just like...

sexual chocolate"

i legit gasped and sat straight up in my chair (where I had been diligently putting the final touches on my Halloween costume's homemade World Intergender Wrestling Championship belt)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Matt Rushmore results
    Another sellout crowd of 400+

#MountRushmore crash the opening. They pour cans all over the ring. They claim global warming is a work.

Excalibur changes the Bucks match to a title match with Knox as ref.

Willie Mack and B-boy def Ray Rosasss and Avalon via brainbuster on Rosassss by Bboy
    - Rosassss and Avalon come out to the original Saturday Nights Main Event theme Obsession
    - Willie Mack and B-boy are now known as “The Realist Ni**as in Professional Wrestling”.

Kevin Steen over ACH via package piledriver.
    - After the match Steen gives ACH another package pile driver for more heat….and another one. Damn.

Best Friends (Trent? & Chuck Taylor) def AR Fox & Rich Swann via awful waffle on Fox

Drake Younger def Anthony Nese/Tommaso Ciampa/Brian Cage in a four way with the Drake’s landing on Ciampa
    - Drake just did a moonsault and broke a lamp during the match

Johnny Gargano def Roderick Strong via GargaNO Escape

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) def Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan via More Bang For Your Buck on Candace
    - Candace and Joey come out to “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by the Darkness.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
    Adam Cole def Kyle O’Reilly to retain via Steen interference
    - “This is Bullshit” chants
    - Locker room comes out for the save. Show over folks.

Word is next show on Dec. 21.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I can not explain how happy it makes me that Trent? and Chuck Taylor have formed a tag team.

And that it's called "Best Friends".

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »
    I can not explain how happy it makes me that Trent? and Chuck Taylor have formed a tag team.

And that it's called "Best Friends".

This had better be their theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9aF9_mZDyY

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So the Neon Alley Chikara thing worked out fine today. Three Fisted Tales was a good choice for a debut episode and I had never seen it before except for the BDK debut. I'll stick with the channel for now although I'm annoyed I have to start following more anime again to justify the 7 bucks a month.

So the Neon Alley Chikara thing worked out fine today. Three Fisted Tales was a good choice for a debut episode and I had never seen it before except for the BDK debut. I'll stick with the channel for now although I'm annoyed I have to start following more anime again to justify the 7 bucks a month.

Too bad it isn't on CrunchyRoll--I already have a CR account, and I don't want to be the guy with two anime streaming service subscriptions.

edited October 2013
    BXDt08oCYAAkvxC.jpg
    xRFgdZu.jpg

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BXDt08oCYAAkvxC.jpg
    xRFgdZu.jpg

More people than I expected to be there, honestly.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    TNA: We can't even paper a crowd successfully.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BXECO_QIIAAcXcd.jpg

This is the crowd for a major wrestling company's biggest PPV event of the year.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    It's cute how much attention you all pay to TNA.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Too bad it isn't on CrunchyRoll--I already have a CR account, and I don't want to be the guy with two anime streaming service subscriptions.

I hope they at least archive the Chikara shows, they do for all their other programming.

Anyone here watch all or most of the 2010 season 9 Chikara shows? Did the BDK angle live up to the debut? I heard it became pretty pointless in 2011.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I hope they at least archive the Chikara shows, they do for all their other programming.

Anyone here watch all or most of the 2010 season 9 Chikara shows? Did the BDK angle live up to the debut? I heard it became pretty pointless in 2011.

BDK was good throughout most of 2010, but then you reached 2011 and started thinking to yourself "Wait, these guys are still around? Are they even planning on ending this?"

And then you look up and the BDK KoT team is Donst, Hammermeier, and Delirious and you're just wondering what is going on.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    The TNA HoF ceremony before BfG drew a MASSIVE 250 fans so those crowd shots don't surprise me.

Nirya wrote: »
    It's cute how much attention you all pay to TNA.

Dude I thought about not even changing the title of the thread from a throwaway Earthbound reference that I had as a placeholder but I was listening to Scott Hall on this week's AOW podcast and hearing about how dire things were in WCW when he first showed up and thought "Maybe this is a chance for TNA to turn things around"...

And from what I've read about the show: hahaha. Nope. Should've kept the old title.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Out of curiosity what is the most TNA has ever drawn for an event in the States? I'm pretty sure ROH's biggest crowd ever was 2500 and I know TNA surpassed that at least a few times. BfG last year drew 2900.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Wait. There's a TNA hall of fame?

edited October 2013
    Holy crap, via PWInsider:
    As it turns out, my issues with ordering Bound for Glory was not isolated. We've received 15 emails from Time-Warner subscribers in the Northeast that they are unable to order the PPV. So, TNA lost out on some business.

It's like there are outside forces that want this company to fail. Sad thing is the company is doing that fine by itself.

Edit to fix my grammar.

wirehead26 on
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    BXECO_QIIAAcXcd.jpg

This is the crowd for a major wrestling company's biggest PPV event of the year.

Major is a relative term.

xderwsaxganu.png
    BXECO_QIIAAcXcd.jpg

I'd still argue it's a major company even if it's a distant second from WWE.

You know what, fuck it, there's two Shimmer shows that taped today too, I'm going to get into Shimmer to spite TNA. I hear they have a title that's like some kind of One Ring Soul Calibur hybrid that turns people heel.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Why would they challenge for the title that makes you evil?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    BXECO_QIIAAcXcd.jpg

I'd still argue it's a major company even if it's a distant second from WWE.

Considering the fact that they are on a nationally televised channel and that's the audience they get for their biggest show of the year which has like on match that makes any sense is pretty dumb.

Also Aces & 8s ran for like two years and it just sort of fell apart on its own on TV without any kind of big payoff, it's pretty stupid, actually A&8s might still be limping along, but it's pretty much dead.

They've been building up an EGO vs. Magnus angle for the past month or so and none of those guys are involved in a match together because why would they be.

Oh God! The Bro Mans are the tag team champions? You have got to be shitting me TNA. At least they have Gail Kim as the Knockouts Champion. Sabin regaining the X-Division belt could be okay, but he is not a good heel, and is going way too hard on the gimmick.

And AJ did win the belt from Bully Ray with a Spiral Tap. I didn't think he did that move anymore, so that's awesome.

Magell on
    The A&8's thing is the worst part. They were a heel group for that long and the babyfaces never got an opportunity to soundly defeat them and break them up.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The A&8's thing is the worst part. They were a heel group for that long and the babyfaces never got an opportunity to soundly defeat them and break them up.

See also: the original MEM, Planet Jarrett, Sports Entertainment eXtreme, every single big heel faction in TNA history.

It's like they have a chronic inability to pay off big storylines.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    So, does anybody want to do the new OP or should I just make a post about OSW and The Attitude Era Podcast?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The SHIMMER title is actually a fragment of Portia Perez's essence, that's why anybody who holds it becomes a dick to everybody else. It's also why they work so hard to keep Perez from getting the belt, if she's finally made whole then she'll reach her ultimate form and destroy the Eastern seaboard in a cacophony of Stevie Nicks and superkicks.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Portia Perez is awesome live, by the way.

edited October 2013
    WWE 2k14 DLC/Season Pass trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DJwgjlous

Curtis Axel isn't even good enough for DLC. His dad is though!

MikeLL on
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    So, does anybody want to do the new OP or should I just make a post about OSW and The Attitude Era Podcast?

@Hullis has an OP, or so i'm told

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yeah I got this on lockdown

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Don't let him do it, it's going to be all about Bo Dallas. I can't live with that kind of OP.

Magell on
    If a Bo Dallas OP isn't your style, I can have a SUPER detailed analysis of Total Divas ready in no time flat

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Just make sure you mention the world's most promising up-and-coming wrestler Aaron O'Malley in the O.P.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm pretty ticked about that season pass.

It's a good chance to make the roster more up to date and they have squandered that chance. All we get is Big E, Fandango/Summer, and the Bellas. No Wyatt Fanily. no Curtis Axel. No RVD. No Goldust. No Usos.

This will be the first year I don't get the pass. I'll just buy the one pack that actually has modern guys. I'm sick of these games prioritizing nostalgia over getting the current roster right.

This discussion has been closed.