As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    While my Wii U games kick continues

Is New Super Luigi U actually fun-hard or frustrating-hard

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I don't think Nintendo's ever cracked frustrating-hard

I'd imagine it's fun-hard

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What of it I played was fun-hard, but it definitely helps to get used to it with Mario U first..

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys, Jeff wrote something on his Tumblr that was very interesting.

wrylys asked:Apparently the Day One: Garry's Incident devs didn't like TotalBiscuit's review of their game, which they provided to him, and claimed copyright to file a takedown request with youtube and had it pulled. Has anyone ever tried anything like that you with you guys over content you produced?
    He should be covered under fair use and should probably file a counter-claim to get that video back up.

(I am not a lawyer.)

We received a Cease & Desist over a Quick Look once. Again, that’s the sort of thing that would be a Fair Use sort of fight, but in the interests of having an open dialogue about that and future coverage, I decided to drop it rather than continuing to talk to our lawyers about a video that had already done most of the traffic that it would ever do. As soon as we took the video down, the company in question—who seemed interested in continuing to talk about us covering their products—went completely silent on us. And I doubt I’ll ever completely trust anyone from that company ever again. That’ll learn me!

Anyone have any idea what the Quick Look/game was in question?

edit: It was GTA4:TLaD

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    you know I just realized Nintendo has released new handheld hardware every year since 2009

2009: DSi
    2010: DSi XL
    2011: 3DS
    2012: 3DS XL
    2013: 2DS

what will they do for 2014? 3DS Lite with the form factor of the XL? 3DS XL Pro with a bolted on Circle Pad Pro?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    2DS XL

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    gba micro xl

• Options
    I didn't understand why they put the buttons so high on that until I started seeing my brother rest his thumbs on edges of the top screen like an animal

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so ghost buddies shoe and whippy have
    gone to africa and killed a general

things have gone bad news bears, requesting extracction

• Options
    Clamshell 2DS XL

I would love that a lot

• Options
    the 2DS is designed and marketed as a budget model, I don't think they'll extend that brand to more expensive devices

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah. Heck, 2DS doesn't even exist in Japan.

Besides, the big savings of the 2DS comes from it being all one screen right? You lose that with the clamshell, and not sure how much removing the 3D would help.

I never use the 3D myself, though, I understand there are a few games where it helps with gameplay (mostly telling foreground and background apart in some side scrolling games games where you can switch between the two).

2DS was most likely just a plan to grow the install base in areas that needed it so that big titles like Pokemon X/Y could move the number of copies that they have in the past.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Xehalus on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Marvel Heroes is surprisingly awesome, started playing it last month. I'm catching up on the Bombcast, and I heard Jeff talking about it. It's changed a lot: They've added difficulty settings to run the story multiple times for better loot, characters are cheaper, there's more endgame stuff, there's a new currency you can earn to purchase random heroes or save up for a specific character...Really enjoying it. Just wish it didn't run like hot garbage on my 2008 graphics card.

• Options
    Marvel Heroes is something I'd love to see on One or PS4, since they both seem to want to get some sort of foothold in F2P

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    RE: 2DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ8rdNIFXY4

always loved that Ryan would visit them at E3

Xehalus on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    is marvel super heroes still like $100 for a 4 character pack or whatever stupid amount they were charging?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    also I'm interested in a 2DS because:

1) It will never leave my house
    2) I give 0 shits about 3D
    3) I like things that are cheaper and break less easily.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    TheStig wrote: »
    is marvel super heroes still like $100 for a 4 character pack or whatever stupid amount they were charging?

Nope. https://store.marvelheroes.com/ is the web-store, you can buy multi-character or single-character bundle packs that come with costumes and bank pages. Each character can also be bought with "Gs", the real-money currency, from the in-game shop. These are just the character with their default costume and range from (I think) $5-$15.
    You can earn 1-10 "Eternity Splinters" as a drop from any enemy or chest in the game. Buying a random character runs 175 splinters, specific characters are 200-600, ex. Storm is 200 splinters, Squirrel Girl is 400, Captain America is 600 (I believe). (If you get a duplicate of a character, you get an upgrade to that character's endgame "ultimate power", which is usually pretty useless as it's on a 30 minute cooldown). You also get 100 splinters the first time you complete the tutorial and another 100 the first time you finish the story mode.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    If it never leaves your house how will you pay your streetpass debt to the rabbit salesman

Do you know what he had to do in the part of the process where he took care of that for you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    If it never leaves your house how will you pay your streetpass debt to the rabbit salesman

Do you know what he had to do in the part of the process where he took care of that for you

There's a way to set up your own personal network as a Streetpass relay

• Options
    I'm really curious about how remote play between the Vita and PS4 is going to work out

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were recent free games on PS+ and both have remote play, so I figured I'd take Ico for a stroll

Used the remote play option, but even though I was in the same room I went ahead and tried using the Internet connection rather than the local, just to see how it would fare

It was...barely passable. Cutscenes were a little stuttery, and the control fidelity not quite up to expectation

Shut down the connection and went for a local connection instead, and things were better. Ico honestly felt like I was controlling it natively.

I realized this probably wasn't the best game to use, though, since Ico's controls are naturally a little weighty and sluggish, so I tried out a couple PS1 games that would require speed and precision, respectively: Money Idol Exchanger and Crash Bandicoot Warped

Money Idol Exchanger felt no different at all than playing it on the PS3, so it left me hopeful, but Crash Bandicoot Warped just didn't feel right at all. It was passable, but just so. Didn't come close to what Nintendo's done with the Wii U Game Pad

I remain super skeptical on the Internet remote play, but I wonder if something in the PS4's architecture would make for a more enjoyable local remote play experience

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    also I'm interested in a 2DS because:

1) It will never leave my house
    2) I give 0 shits about 3D
    3) I like things that are cheaper and break less easily.

I got one. It's pretty great, and the screens are definitely better than the original 3ds. The buttons being on the top half changes how the weight is distributed when you're holding it and is way more comfortable for my wrists.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @Chincymcchilla I got my 360 controller, but instead of immediately syncing with the pc dongle, it just blinks (the whole circle around the home button), any experience with that?

e: I'm getting kinda nervous, because that was what I was afraid of - that the controllers which are not described as "360 controller for windows" won't work :S

e2: nevermind, resyncing both devices a couple of times seems to have done the trick!

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Yeah, syncing with the dongle can be a bit sketchy sometimes.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    @Chincymcchilla I got my 360 controller, but instead of immediately syncing with the pc dongle, it just blinks (the whole circle around the home button), any experience with that?

e: I'm getting kinda nervous, because that was what I was afraid of - that the controllers which are not described as "360 controller for windows" won't work :S

e2: nevermind, resyncing both devices a couple of times seems to have done the trick!

Yeah as I mentioned its extremely finnickey. Try not to unplug the dongle if you can help it.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Kid_Icarus_NES_box_art.png
    220px-Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg
    250px-Mariobros2japanbox.jpg
    m3l2dhERsDysPJhC_kXuvwQ.jpg
    F-Zero_GX_box_artwork.png

sig.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah Zelda 2 is ridiculous.

I mean, I actually really really like that game, but it is damn hard.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

I will take literally any opportunity to say this

But I beat Zelda II last year on a cartridge with no save states and it was the biggest gaming achievement I've ever had

That game is straight fucked, but it's fun and rewarding

It's NES Dark Souls

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

But I beat Zelda II last year on a cartridge with no save states and it was the biggest gaming achievement I've ever had

It's NES Dark Souls

I have beaten it, but I did not do this

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

let's not forget Ninja Gaiden and Batman

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options

It's NES Dark Souls

I walked back to temples a lot

And Thunderbird (Boss right before Dark Link) is maybe the hardest boss I've ever fought

And losing your lives means doing the whole temple again!

• Options
    tsplitter wrote: »

...Those aren't Nintento games?

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Oh I thought this was just NES games

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

It's NES Dark Souls

And Thunderbird (Boss right before Dark Link) is maybe the hardest boss I've ever fought

I got to Thunderbird one time and didn't have enough magic to use the Thunder Spell I needed in order to make him vulnerable. So after sitting there for a while trying to figure out what to do I literally had to shut the game off.

Also, I decided to punish myself by looking up the release date. Zelda II came out 25 flippin' years ago. I was 8 at the time.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »

It's NES Dark Souls

I got to Thunderbird one time and didn't have enough magic to use the Thunder Spell I needed in order to make him vulnerable. So after sitting there for a while trying to figure out what to do I literally had to shut the game off.

To be honest

You need enough magic to cast Thunder, Shield, and Reflect

That boss is insane, but I sympathize, I think that's what happened to me the first time I got there as well

• Options

Those aren't Nintendo games.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Those aren't Nintendo games.

More like SlowBen

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    There was a metro ride to work between my two posts so you'll have to forgive me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    There was a metro ride to work between my two posts so you'll have to forgive me.

Never

This discussion has been closed.