As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    So did we want to do a "normal" meetup in September as well?

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hello all, wanted to let you know that sign ups for DC Gameday Oct. 12-13th will open tonight at 8pm! Head over to the website to view the games being run and find out how to sign up (it's easy!). I'll be running a Saturday AM and Sunday PM game of LWRPG, hope to see you there!

https://www.dcgameday.org

• KalelKalel Glen Burnie, MarylandRegistered User regular
    Greetings!

This is Gary, I have been joining you guys on your game days for almost the past year now. Finally got signed up for the forum. Looking forward to the next game day!

Gary

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    My availability starting in October may be opening up as I no longer work on Saturdays

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'll open up your FACE

Sorry. I'm feeling sassy tonight and @Exodus1 isn't around to be on the receiving end.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Do we want to set something up for beginning November?

You mean like seeing Ender's Game? Yes please. I don't have my schedule for next week yet, but I saw showings on 10/31 as early as 8pm (wtf is that bullshit, btw) and 10:15 and 10:45 in various theaters. IMAX, of course. I am having trouble finding times for the Udvay-Hazy IMAX, so if anyone else has heard anything about their showtimes the info would be appreciated!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    I'm very much interested in Ender's game but need to sort out some other things so like 50% chance I'd be in.

As for a November meetup, I'm pretty much wide open for November outside of the 30th as it stands so I'd love to do a meetup.

1tLJUH2O.png
    On November 23rd I'm exhibiting at Collectors Con MD, I'll be running a morning and afternoon adventure in LWRPG if anyone is interested! It's only a $10 admission fee, which is pretty reasonable.

As for a normal meet-up, I'm free November 16th or 17th.

I could be interested in Enders game, but I was meaning for a meet up, the 16th or 17th is good for me so far, the only weekend that is bad for us is Thanksgiving.

16th and 17th are both fine with me.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    We (raykefire and myself) recently moved here to Maryland and after 4 consecutive years of PAX prime we are ready to try some PAX east. Picked up our badges on Wednesday and have a hotel all set up.

We'd love to meet up with you all to say Hi and to watch Ender's Game.

• FrootsnaxFrootsnax Registered User regular
    So, I just now found this thread, and I've been a Maryland gamer since forever! For those of you that were at the G&S hosted, Charm City Game day, I may have played Star Wars with you. 2014 will be my second PAX, and I'd love to hang out and game/get some of those sweet street passes.

edited October 2013
    Welcome @Frootsnax and @Cryana! The thread always get's discovered by some new folks when PAX East starts getting some attention, and the more the merrier.

In other news, it looks like I'm a go for Ender's Game. I couldn't find anything about the Udvay-Hazy either. Are you sure that it is going to be there? I'd also be fine doing something like Arundel Mills or something down near Germantown, depending on which of us are up for a bit of a drive.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    Hey Malgaras! I saw your response in the PAX East Map thread and it looks like we might live right around the corner from you. I'll hit you up the next time we do a boardgame night at the house.

I'm going to be at G&S next Wed. for the Lords of Waterdeep Tourney if anyone wants to say hi.

• teriwynteriwyn Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Hey, cool! I'm in Frederick, so most of your meetups seem like a hike, but I will keep an eye out for the Northern MoCo ones. So cool to see a Maryland group on here.

Just got my schedule for next week and I'm off on Thursday night for those of you that are interested in seeing an early showing of Ender's Game. It would be easier for me if we did something closer to my area time-wise but I could probably make a later showing if I had to drive to Columbia or something like that.
    As for a regular meet up, I actually have Saturday, Nov 2 off! I'd be down for that day if it works for others.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Well, if you want to do IMAX on Thursday, I don't actually see any showings down your way, but on the other hand I don't know every theater to check.

Columbia has 8:00 and 10:55 showings and if Zepherin and Cryana are still interested, Columbia is probably a bit less driving for people in aggregate.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Looks like the only two theaters showing IMAX down way are in Frederick or Silver Spring. They both have 8pm and 10:45 showings. Let's see who all is fo' sho' interested and pick based on that.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Thursday is Halloween so can't do that. Have to take the kiddos out.

FYI the new Crofton Town Center has the Waugh Chapel Stadium Theaters with Ender's Game and plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Might be too far of a drive for some but good to know for future ref.

Thursday is looking bad for me.

Cryana wrote: »
    Hey Malgaras! I saw your response in the PAX East Map thread and it looks like we might live right around the corner from you. I'll hit you up the next time we do a boardgame night at the house.

I'm going to be at G&S next Wed. for the Lords of Waterdeep Tourney if anyone wants to say hi.

I'll be at G&S that night but to play X-Wing or Attack Wing.

Kalel wrote: »

Interesting. Time to google attack wing and lords of waterdeep.

edited November 2013
    Alright, the November Meet-up will be Sunday November 17th, Noon at Games and Stuff. Please post here if you can make it so we have an idea of who's coming, and let me know if you have any questions or comments!

November Meetup Roster:
    Exodus
    Malgaras
    Zepherin +1
    Kalel
    Cryana (+1 maybe)

P.S. @Frootsnax @Cryana @teriwyn Hello, and welcome, always nice to see some new faces, I'm Exodus( or Sean), and generally organize the meetups, and update the social medias etc, if you have any questions just let me know, hope to see you at a meet-up soon!

Exodus1 on
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    Alright, the November Meet-up will be Sunday November 17th, Noon at Games and Stuff. Please post here if you can make it so we have an idea of who's coming, and let me know if you have any questions or comments!

November Meetup Roster:
    Exodus
    Malgaras
    Zepherin +1

P.S. @Frootsnax @Cryana @teriwyn Hello, and welcome, always nice to see some new faces, I'm Exodus( or Sean), and generally organize the meetups, and update the social medias etc, if you have any questions just let me know, hope to see you at a meet-up soon!

I can come!

Exodus1 wrote: »

November Meetup Roster:
    Exodus
    Malgaras
    Zepherin +1

I can come!
    high five

I can make it to the November meetup and if we find a babysitter then Raykefire will come too. I'll keep you posted.

Hey man, sorry I didn't come back and say Hi. We had a vicious Lords of Waterdeep tourney going on. My hubby decided to bring the kids and he regretted that when he realized our games were taking 1 1/2 hours each. You might have seen the youngest one running in and out of the bathroom and holding doors open for gamers. Anyway I got second place and husband snagged my gift card to buy stuff for our Blood Bowl Leaugue. I think I had my prize for a total of 5 minutes before it was spent ;)

Open invite to see Ender's Game (IMAX) this Saturday. 10:15 at Lowes Rio Cinema in Gaithersburg/Rockville area. Malgaras and I already have tickets.
    I have work before the movie but if you've never been in the area there are tons of restaurants to get dinner/drinks at beforehand.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png

Hey man, sorry I didn't come back and say Hi. We had a vicious Lords of Waterdeep tourney going on. My hubby decided to bring the kids and he regretted that when he realized our games were taking 1 1/2 hours each. You might have seen the youngest one running in and out of the bathroom and holding doors open for gamers. Anyway I got second place and husband snagged my gift card to buy stuff for our Blood Bowl Leaugue. I think I had my prize for a total of 5 minutes before it was spent ;)

Congrats on your second place win! I did see some little kids sitting at a table near me but I was busy playing attack wing trying to figure out the best squadron to run for the next open play event. I checked out Waterdeep on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop. Looks very fun...planning on playing it next week for game night.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Oh man I just barely remembered the monthly meetups

During the August meetup there was mention of a ride to the event near Branch Ave or Huntington? Or really anybody who is going by a metro station, hopping on would be really appreciated. I don't think I can find public transit to the place from where I live.

VRXwDW7.png
    It seems G&S is also having a Dominant Species game day at the same time as the meetup. Dominant Species is a game that has been collecting dust on my shelf for over a year now and I've just been too scared to pull it down. After the meeting I am rushing over to get in on some of that.

Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Oh man I just barely remembered the monthly meetups

During the August meetup there was mention of a ride to the event near Branch Ave or Huntington? Or really anybody who is going by a metro station, hopping on would be really appreciated. I don't think I can find public transit to the place from where I live.

Hey Duke, that was probably me, I pass by the Shady Grove red-line station on my way and would be happy to give you a ride from there, let me know!

After the meeting I am rushing over to get in on some of that.

Awesome, yea, it happens that sometimes the shop has some cool events while we meet, we all met up for the board game auction earlier this year.

• cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    My husband and I are going to try to make it, but may be a few minutes late.

Today was a lot of fun, and it was nice seeing some new faces. Thanks everyone for coming and I'll see you all in a month.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Thanks for setting this up guys! I look forward to future meetings.

Lords of Waterdeep is a great game. Yea Ole Ticket to Ride.

edited November 2013
    zepherin wrote: »
    Lords of Waterdeep is a great game. Yea Ole Ticket to Ride.

Maybe I'm crazy (well, probably), but I still don't really see the resemblance. But yes, that was a lot of fun, and I learned a valuable lesson. Don't buy things from Zepherin, because he is evil.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    Thank you for hosting us, I am glad we were finally able to make it to one of these things! Is there a December date on the calendar yet?

edited November 2013
    cadmia wrote: »
    Thank you for hosting us, I am glad we were finally able to make it to one of these things! Is there a December date on the calendar yet?
    It was nice meeting you!

As for December, it's not on the books as of yet. I suspect it might be kinda rough scheduling wise. What do people's schedules look like?

The 8th, 15th, and 21st are best for me.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png