As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

1939495969799»

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The A&8's thing is the worst part. They were a heel group for that long and the babyfaces never got an opportunity to soundly defeat them and break them up.

See also: the original MEM, Planet Jarrett, Sports Entertainment eXtreme, every single big heel faction in TNA history.

It's like they have a chronic inability to pay off big storylines.

See also: The original NWO.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I'm pretty ticked about that season pass.

It's a good chance to make the roster more up to date and they have squandered that chance. All we get is Big E, Fandango/Summer, and the Bellas. No Wyatt Fanily. no Curtis Axel. No RVD. No Goldust. No Usos.

This will be the first year I don't get the pass. I'll just buy the one pack that actually has modern guys. I'm sick of these games prioritizing nostalgia over getting the current roster right.

Now that you mention it, how is Goldust NOT on there? You'd think he'd be a double priority, what with being a part of two eras and whatnot.

Here's part of a fan report last night
    A good 70 percent of the arena was closed off. The hard camera area was entirely blocked off, and an area near the entrance ramp was blocked off. The good seats ($1,000 ones: a few people admitted it) only had about 40-50 people in it. Overall, only one side was full and that was the right side of the arena, opposite of the hard camera side. The arena can fit a good number of people, but TNA only averaged at most maybe 900-1,200 people. For TNA, this had really no population compared to other pay-per-views.

So if this guy was accurate, TNA only managed to draw a little over a thousand people, or less for their biggest show of the year.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A good 70 percent of the arena was closed off. The hard camera area was entirely blocked off, and an area near the entrance ramp was blocked off. The good seats ($1,000 ones: a few people admitted it) only had about 40-50 people in it. Overall, only one side was full and that was the right side of the arena, opposite of the hard camera side. The arena can fit a good number of people, but TNA only averaged at most maybe 900-1,200 people. For TNA, this had really no population compared to other pay-per-views.

So if this guy was accurate, TNA only managed to draw a little over a thousand people, or less for their biggest show of the year.

Well there's problem number 1.

Who in their right mind is going to pay $1000 to be ringside at a TNA pay-per-view? $100, maybe. Damn, bleacher seats shouldn't be any more than $20, then they might be able to get 10,000 or so people in to fill the place up and make some money off concessions and merchandise.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Who in their right mind is going to pay $1000 to be ringside at a TNA pay-per-view? $100, maybe. Damn, bleacher seats shouldn't be any more than $20, then they might be able to get 10,000 or so people in to fill the place up and make some money off concessions and merchandise.

Holy crap, $1000? That's front row at Wrestlemania expensive. WTF is TNA thinking?

xderwsaxganu.png

Holy crap, $1000? That's front row at Wrestlemania expensive. WTF is TNA thinking?

They think BfG is on the same level as WrestleMania.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Their practical problem right now is that their audience realizes that they can pay $20 and get front row seats because nobody else shows up and if you're not that interested why would you pay any money when TNA has 10,000 open seats to paper?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

They think BfG is on the same level as WrestleMania.

I guess so. I know they've made that claim in the past, but I didn't think they were actually foolish enough to believe it.

xderwsaxganu.png
    b9iFAmK.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Why even bother including Virgil?

No-one gives a fuck about him.

No-one.

I'd be more upset with that before I remembered Virgil is a huge tool in real life. Well, at least when it comes to conning people into paying 40 bucks for his autograph.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Their problem is that they think they are WCW just because they are the other wrestling program on TV. They can't accept the fact that they are an indy promotion that is on national TV. They're more like ECW, but without any of the excitement and investment of the fans the company had. I think they don't realize that a lot of the former WWE wrestlers on their roster didn't have anywhere else to go and would have worked there for way less eventually. So they're overpaying everybody, booking too big of venues, and just being dumb because they think they are WCW's level of popularity.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I feel like Virgil should be available for $10, but when you try to unlock him, Virgil pops onto the screen and asks you if you'd be interested in buying a signed 8x10 and a t-shirt.

Then a mini game begins where you haggle back and forth.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Why even bother including Virgil?

No-one gives a fuck about him.

No-one.

That's why he's free.

Magell wrote: »

Their problem is that they think they are WCW just because they are the other wrestling program on TV. They can't accept the fact that they are an indy promotion that is on national TV. They're more like ECW, but without any of the excitement and investment of the fans the company had. I think they don't realize that a lot of the former WWE wrestlers on their roster didn't have anywhere else to go and would have worked there for way less eventually. So they're overpaying everybody, booking too big of venues, and just being dumb because they think they are WCW's level of popularity.

Wait, TNA are overpaying everybody?

I thought the problem was that a handful of old legends that don't do much are sucking up millions of dollars, and all the decent young talent are living on food stamps because Dixie is a fucking idiot.

Magell wrote: »

Wait, TNA are overpaying everybody?

I thought the problem was that a handful of old legends that don't do much are sucking up millions of dollars, and all the decent young talent are living on food stamps because Dixie is a fucking idiot.

I phrased that poorly it's just all the former WWE guys that are overpaid. They could have ended up with most of the former WWE guys for the same as indy guys eventually.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Who'd turn down a free opportunity to beat up Virgil?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

So are we going to try and start up a new thread before Raw tonight? We have about 20 posts before we reach page 100.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So are we going to try and start up a new thread before Raw tonight? We have about 20 posts before we reach page 100.

i have an op ready

Hullis wrote: »

i have an op ready

Is your op a Bo-p?

Mwx884o.jpg
    Better burn up them posts so Hullis doesn't eat an infraction and have his thread locked for jumping the gun, then.

Or we could just wait, because it's really not a big deal when the threads change?

This discussion has been closed.