As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All Thighs On The Champion [Wrestling]

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in Social Entropy++
wwe_default.jpg

Welcome to the new era of the SE++ Wrestling thread, an all encompassing topic on all things wrestling, but more importantly, the people in the thread with the best wrestling opinions.

PickemScrewjob3_zpsd86c5584.png

Don't like it? Tough. There's nothing you people can do about it.

And now, a message from your champion.
Nirya wrote: »
Actually, if you don't mind, I'm going to tell a story really quickly. And I'm directing this to @PwnanObrien, who played his part perfectly, even though he didn't know it.

You see, there was once an old man walking home from work, and he's walking in the snow and he stumbled upon a snake frozen in the ice. He took that snake and he brought it home, and he took care of it. And he thawed it out, and he nursed it back to health. And as soon as that snake was well enough, it BIT that old man. And as that old man laid there dying, he asked the snake, "Why? I took care of you. I loved you. I saved your life." And that snake looked that man right in the eye and said, "You stupid old man. I'm a snake."

The greatest thing the Devil ever did was make you people believe he didn't exist—and you're looking at him right now. I am the devil himself and all of you stupid, mindless people fell for it! I AM THE SE++ PICK'EM CHAMPION, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU PEOPLE CAN DO TO STOP US.

Finally, a special shoutout to my former tag partern @411Rande. Randle, if you're listening, just know that it wasn't about you. I just decided to hitch my coat on the winning team.

PickemScrewjob1_zps5b5b302c.png

WeedLordVegeta on

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Three man band... It was a cute cover, for a while. But at the end of the day, you all have to realize that when it comes down to facts, @Hullis, @Radius and I are the best tag team around, and there's no competition. The tag belts? All ours. And they aren't going anywhere! They'll be sticking around with The Shield for a long, long time. Tag teams rise and fall, but we aren't your normal tag team. We're a pack. Brothers. And should you think you see some other team rising up to the occasion, trying to get our titles? Well, you just have to believe in one thing:

Believe. In. The. Shield.

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The old thread closed before I could post another 5 star match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_uzUWLawY
    A negative 5 star match that is.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I can only assume the thread closed itself as a means of defense against having this match posted in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMo8dZcm6ao

Also if you're going to post a "before" match for Big E Langston it should have been something from FCW. He was already pretty awesome by the time he won the NXT title.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wow it's a good thing Clone's Clone had his Mechanix gloves on or that match could have really sucked.

Pwnan to even call that a "match" is stretching the definition of a pro wrestling contest to the nth degree.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I hate you Pwnan. I think the best part is that Living Dead Girl doesn't actually move out of the way of getting locked up, Christy Lynn just decides she doesn't want to lock up anymore.

Shit, even Raja Lion at least attempted to make contact with his moves. He failed but it's the thought that counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c3LTdGxZdw

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Hullis what the fuck. What happened to the True Bo-lievers OP?

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Speaking of sad, pathetic things...
    The December 28 Extreme Rising event at the former ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will be called "Unfinished Business", and is the show's first after going on hiatus earlier this year. Sabu worked the last match of the final ECW Arena event several years ago when EVOLVE closed the venue, and will return for the first event in the remodeled, expanded building.

Other matches include Super Crazy & Pescadilla vs Damien 666 and Bestia 666, as well as an Extreme Rising championship match with Stevie Richards defending. He's still champion even though he and Danny Doring joked about playing a video game to determine the champion and the promotion asked for the belt back. Other talent confirmed includes Matt Hardy, Devon Storm, Papadon, Facade and Reby Sky.

The event will be taped for the Extreme Rising TV show that begins in January 2014. Steve O'Neil wouldn't reveal where the series will air, but said it will hit the entire Philadelphia and Bucks County areas of Pennsylvania, along with South New Jersey and North Delaware.

Too bad Sami Callahan now can't make good on his promise to prevent any more ECW reunion shows.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Also, what the fuck guys? Why didn't you tell me Peter Avalon had wrestled on the TNA PPV? He's worth the PPV price by himself!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Not only did he wrestle, he wrestled Derrick Bateman on the TNA PPV. I actually didn't know it was PPA until now.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I hate you Pwnan.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Hullis what the fuck. What happened to the True Bo-lievers OP?

the op may change Bover time

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Boo!! Get off the stage!!

*throws Bomatoes*

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    There's a new awful thing about that "match" every time I watch it. It's amazing how much they didn't accomplish in two minutes.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Unfinished Business is probably the most Extreme Rising name I could possibly imagine for an Extreme Rising event (even if it's terrible), so at least Shane Douglas got that right

Especially if the promotional materials spell it Unfinished BuSINess... y'know, because they're sinners and it's extreme.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    WCWSin2001.jpg

????

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited October 2013
    Attitude Era Podcast: St Valentine's Day Massacre
    Everyone's favourite ppv named after a mass shooting! Big Nasty debuts, Mankind and Rock go at it one more time and Steve Austin defends his right to go to Wrestlemania against Vince McMahon. Oh and Chyna pins HHH.... wait WHAT?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Haha oh wow i can't believe virgil is a downloadble character for 2k14 that is hillarious

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    WWE just uploaded a bunch of videos of 2k14 with "botched" entrances (i.e. wrestlers coming out to the wrong intro style).

And they included the word "botched" in the titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-tYmbtDgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7aclrKe3Ww

etc.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What the hell is that even from the Shield?

edited October 2013
    Holy shit. That shield one is just beyond perfect.

Edit: that's spirit squad, right

The Betgirl on
    Yeah, it's Spirit Squad.

And it's great.

Real strong, facetious.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    It's nice of them to use PS2 era graphics to go with their PS2 era joke.

ZD98Zka.png
    The AE Podcast brings something up that I forgot/hadn't occurred to me: that it's not really until after Royal Rumble that the crowd genuinely treated Rock like a heel.

Another testament to just how lovable Foley is.

Real strong, facetious.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    So when the franchise goes to the PS5 we might see some next gen graphics

I imagine they'll get something of an upgrade sharing tech with 2K Sports. For comparison check out the next gen NBA 2K14 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlptY6G4SQ

There's a lot of room for improvement just from implementing a better cloth system and IK based rigs so that clothes and people actually make convincing contact with each other instead of floating an inch away from everybody's touch at all times.

Mwx884o.jpg
    I mean 2k15 is probably when 2k ACTUALLY takes over, wasn't this just kind of a 'finishing the job' deal after THQ went down?

this would matter if thq or 2k actually did the developing instead of YUKE'S

• MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Hullis wrote: »
    this would matter if thq or 2k actually did the developing instead of YUKE'S

Visual Concepts was brought on by 2k to work with Yukes on WWE 2k14. I think that's part of 2k's transition away from them.

MikeLL on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How many cows did it take to make Big Show that coat?

• MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    the story-line is obviously going to lead to finding out what hacker Big Show has aligned with to get into the system.

What's weird to me is that they've done a better job of replicating what Virgil looked like 20 years ago but not what Fandango looks like today when they can ask WWE to take some extra shots for reference.

Mwx884o.jpg
    You guys those two men are very good wrestlers

That finish was so smooth

Definitely a great way to start off the show, hopefully it stays this good throughout.

I loved this promo about 2 and a half months ago

What

I

Fuck

I love you Santino

Santino i love you so much

This discussion has been closed.