As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
edited February 2014 in Social Entropy++
GlossLogo.png

This is Glossolalia. You wanna play some games? We got some games if you wanna play 'em, I guess.

SILVER (Active!)
System: Silver II
Follow the Agents of Home as the move across the Scattered Lands fighting the reality-warping effects of Corruption.
Accepting Players: Yes

Zamanfari (Hiatus?)
System: Modified Block
Speed Racer's story of rookie secret agents fighting to maintain order in a world where time travel has become commonplace. With nothing but a gun and a time-manipulating watch, they struggle to defend their country and their universe against threats from the past, present, and future.
Accepting Players: Full

Mahou Otaku Glossolalia (Hiatus?)
Stilt's game about Magical Girls! With transformation sequences, and animal companions, and everything!

IGMMHWWl.png (Active!)
Dux's religiously-influenced cyberpunk ghost story. For more info, check out The world of Ascend and Ascend Item List.
Accepting Players: Yes!

DE?AD on

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    You've gone off the edge of the map boy. Here be Dragons.

• Options
    [Narrator+HEX]
    ⎔x337 ⎔x98 ⎔x51 ⎔x151 ⎔x7 ⎔x31 ⎔x67 ⎔x54 ⎔x111 ⎔x43 ⎔x0 ⎔x47 ⎔x19

@Speed Racer
    AchewoodWhoKnowsMan.jpg

@Shock G Yup, you get the 15, I just usually don't post straight point bonuses from missions.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    [Narrator+HEX]
    ⎔x337 ⎔x98 ⎔x51 ⎔x151 ⎔x7 ⎔x31 ⎔x67 ⎔x54 ⎔x111 ⎔x43 ⎔x0 ⎔x47 ⎔x19

[Adon, Ruined Temple] (Earlier)
    Gerth stands up and shakes his head. "Nah." He trudges over and puts a hand on Penny's shoulder. "I ain't here 'cause you made me, P. I came here 'cause you right. I looked at you, and I saw a leader that was gonna do things for the City, even before all this Unbound nonsense. You real. We real. What you're doing for the Slums? That's real."

Tres nods sagely. "The greatest trick Acer ever pulled was convincing people they don't exist."

[Adon, Ruined Temple] (Now)
    I shrug. "It depends. That one is attacking because he hates all the tall buildings. He wants to be the tallest and most powerful. They're all attracted by fluctuations in reality - it's how they hunt in the Haze - but why they feel the need to destroy things... that's different for each of them."

[Mesmiri, Bask] Pirate Attack
    A dozen or so pirates burst through the door to champagne hot tub, leveling uzi's at the baron. "Time to go, Unbound!" the lead pirate hisses.

[Deep Haze, Sienna Gear Mach, WeaponHEX (▮▮▮▮ Kill)] Haze Problems
    The mayor gives Acer X and award. His face? Just so silly. Mustache, big ears.

Michael shows up and apologizes. "I'm sorry," he says, "You were right the whole time."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Haze problems

If you're having Haze problems I feel bad for you son.
    I got 99 problems but a whale ain't one.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Haze problems

This is just

a fantastic turn of events.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @DE?AD cool. also i dropped 10 on my other mission

[Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif/Masn] color="royalblue"]1[/color] [color="Forestgreen"]3[/color] [COLOR="darkorchid"]5 7[/color [⊜⊜⊜⊜⊜] ↺x35
    5 00 15 09 00 16 00 00 00 10 16 02
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Raw Brawn] [Shit Rats' Momma Bear][Bangers] [Bent Ass Gold Bat] [Bullet in Shoulder][Bullet in Leg]
    ⇄❂

⎔⎔⎔ ⇄ ⎔⎔⎔ to keep up appearances

~Earlier~

"I don't think we exist." Penny brushes away the last of the somethings. "But it probably doesn't matter.

Thanks for cheering me up, you guys."

~Later~

"The green dragon must be all sorts of fucked up then, huh?" She lays on her back. "There goes my dream of a dragon peace council."

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Samedi
    ⎔x39 ⎔x9 ⎔x4 ⎔x4 ⎔x28 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x3 ⎔x21 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⊜x0 ↺x8
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls

Samedi wonders, how the HELL did these guys find me?

~ Earlier ~
    "Catch me in my Champagne hot tub
    that is where the fuck I stay
    catch me in Mesmiri's Bask
    soaking in some Chardonnay"
    :whistle:

Oh yeah, right.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Samedi
    ⎔x39 ⎔x9 ⎔x4 ⎔x4 ⎔x28 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x3 ⎔x21 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⊜x0 ↺x8
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls

BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs]

"Bout damn time ya Sienna bastards, come at me!" He shouts before diving beneath the bubbles in his hot tub.

⎔x4 => ⊜x4

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Oh right. I should have edited my post with further description. Well, I guess I should do that when I get home.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    oh that's right. can't edit from a closed thread.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    [Acer X] ⊕ ★⇄ ⇛
    ⎔x0 ⎔x2❶❷ ⎔x0❾ ⎔x0 ⎔x1➓ ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x80❽ ⊜x0 ↺x0 (0)

[Intimidating] [Hacker] [Streetracing Hotshot] [Tae Kwon Go] [Darktech Suit] [Sienna Gear MACH] [Clockwork Leg] [Carbosillicate Hand] [Carbosillicate Arm-Spike]
    [Vahman Strauss] [Verito Carbini] [Clearsky Dawn] [Mondo Caris] [Serinia] [Merdin Brol] [Haze Marines x 8] [Weapon HEX]
    [One Eye]

Acer squints. Does the City... have a mayor? He's pretty sure the City doesn't have a mayor.

Well, evidently he's wrong because here's the mayor right here.

"Michael, you'll forgive me if I'm not exactly quick to trust you. I gave you an opportunity to fight for your people in the only way that can matter, and you rejected it. I'm not so stupid to believe that me killing one dragon made you change your mind."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    [Warwick]★⇄
    ⎔x4 ⎔x19 ➓⎔x16 ⎔x1 ⎔x33 ⎔x0 ❼⎔x6 ⎔x17 ❺❸⎔x35 ⎔x0 ⎔x3 ⎔x20 ⊜x0 ↺x20

[Wizard] [Huntsmancer] [Amiable] [Cocky] [Telepathic] [Crossbow Staff] [Student Wizards] [Shitwizards]

-⎔x10 ⇄ +⎔x10
    -⎔⎔ for stronghold on the tower
    -↺x10 for ☍

Wick wipes the sweat from his brow. It worked. It actually worked. He has given the slums the ability to defend itself. But still, the district is missing something. An identity. A name. Maybe it had one at one time, but it's forgotten now.

Wicks gathers up his students. "You lot, I got a job for you. It's to sit tight and defend the tower. A dragon could show up at any time and you all need to be ready for it. Don't worry, I have the utmost confidence in you! I got some things what need doing, which may or may not include slaying dragons. See you when this is all over!"

Wick spends 5 days wandering the slums asking those who have live there the longest about the history of the district. -↺x5 +⎔x20

Later, Wick casts a levitate spell and flies toward the column of smoke created by Hubron.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i didn't know what color magic was so i guessed mediumspringgreen

god there are a lot of bbcode colors

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yesssssssssssss

This is exactly the Improvy way to approach a totally-not psycho whale scene for maximum interesting, in my opinion at least.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    i was waffling on which way to with it

because i don't know if acer has like a meta awareness of the weird dumpy narration

but fuck it it's more fun to roll with it

• Options
    So...what's the status of the dragon?

'Cuz I didn't notice a response to Inquisit punching the shit out of it with a robot.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    uhhhhhhh that's because i killed it stilts, try to keep up

• Options
    uhhhhhhh that's because i killed it stilts, try to keep up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnZ6g14WwY

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    [Clyde] [Φ Karsif]
    ⎔x113 ⎔x11 ⎔x10 ⎔x10 ⎔x12 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⎔x10 ⎔x13 ⎔x2 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⎔x5 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x17
    ❼❼
    [Grenadier-Bretteur] [Accelerated Reader] [Dramatic Flair] [Fabulous] [Airkido]
    [Costume Change Gadgetry], [Dueling Dagger], [Variable Explosives/Pyrotechnics]
    [Shit Rats (Wizards)] [Bangers] [Swifts] [Karsif Krew]

Clyde's form turns into a purple blur ⎔⎔ -> ⊜ as he grabs hold of one of Brobot Prime's BASS WAVES, soaring upwards -⎔⎔

Not quite yet falling with style above, he can manage a good Clyde's eye view at the dragon, how it's faring, and where it's headed towards. Still a building? Just how tall is that tall building? How magnificent?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Other factors to consider: What is Streich up to now?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    [Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x23 ❻⎔x11 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x16 ⎔x12 ⎔x1 ⎔x0 ⎔x5 ⎔x7 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x5

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Justice]
    [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

From the bridge of the Keep, Inquisit looks at the new events and just says "Huh. Well, wish me luck." Leaving his signature trenchcoat and fedora with an operative, Inquisit strides off the bridge and through the halls, the plates of his shell shifting and altering colour until his body from the neck down is obsidian black with a bold, reflective golden PSI emblem on his chest. He lumbers into the Behemoth Bay to a shout from an operative. "C.I.O. on deck!" He motions her over. "The weapon, Chang, is it ready?"

She points to the Chief Justice, clad in black ablative armour in the shape of robes, it's long-backed helm shockingly white, and a gigantic Royal Blue gavel (Supreme Justice) strapped to it's back. Beside it, a weapon that nearly dwarfs the behemoth it's built for: The Bass Cannon, piloted by one of the few non-pirate DJ's left in Hedos, risking the wrath her Mistress by being here instead of at work. "The crews and DJ Sickn4s-Tea are ready launch on your order, sir." Operative Chang smirks afterwards, unable to maintain a straight face.

"Laughing at her name, are we?" Chang's face is instantly a mask of calm again, which makes Inquisit chuckle. "Nah don't worry, I ain't Kain. Also, she know's it's ridiculous. I made sure I recruited one that didn't take herself too serious." He salutes and merges into his mech. Its eyes flare Royal Blue.

When the keep is near enough to Hubron, Chief Justice opens it's mouth and booms "DROP". Falling through the air, robes flowing, he reaches back and arms himself with the Supreme Justice. Booster rockets flare, pushing him forward, close enough to end the fall as a plunging strike.

⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ "STOP. HAMMER TIME."

The Gavel smashes into it's back, shattering a lot of bones, and more importantly, getting rid of it's last barrier.

Contacting Dan through the Unbound connection, Inquisit gets him to convert 20⎔ into 10⎔. And sends well wishes for getting out of that broken robot.

He drops the gavel and points at the keep. Chang sees this, and signals the launch crew. The Chief Justice's boosters rockets flare brighter than before, more popping out and flaring as he rises, giving him greater upward speed. The Cannon fires out the side of the Dauntless Emperor, straight at the rising judge behemoth. Just as they're about to impact, they merge seamlessly, the red weapon's inertia pushing them into position as the Chief takes aim.

Hovering in place as Hubron tries to shake off the hammering, The Chief booms "PREPARE. THE BASS CANNON. Attached to his chest, the long red spike splits into four inward facing, mammoth speaker racks. The control unit at his back whines as power builds up, DJ Sickn4s-Tea working her shapely butt off in the booth. The four racks start to spin, a bass thump getting louder and faster. A Red bubble of sonic energy grows and crackles between the racks. It's ready.

⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ "FIRE".

The Bass Waves rumble into Hubron's massive frame, at first only causing ripples in it's hide. But as the modulating pressures continue to slam into into it, ripples of flesh become veritable tsunamis, separating from the bone.

okay, edited for an effect description. shouldn't have taken all day, but I was in the bad kind of a funk.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    If taking too long to post is a bad funk I am the funkmeister.

Sleepin' now. Think I can manage a more substantial dragonpost tomorrow.

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    So Harley Cowboy basically got ripped in half, right?

• Options
    I think so.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I know dragons are exciting and all but

post in ASCEND.

• Options
    Dux wrote: »

post in ASCEND.

Wind tried to cut the power on behalf of Shock, like, ages ago.

• Options
    edited October 2013

post in ASCEND.

Yeah, seriously.

I even made the robot nice and visible for everyone.

As awesome as Jin is, I can't do this entire mission by myself.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ok, admission time. I always read these threads but never have any idea what they are all about. How do I sign up for a thing?

• Options
    you just kind of show up and
    boom you're in

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

post in ASCEND.

This but dust

I cant even find the last update it was so long ago

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    You also make a character, which is different depending on which game you're joining.

Though it seems 90% of the games are on Hiatus at the moment, I think only DarkRED and Ascend are actually updating.

• Options
    Im hurt DE?AD

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't you put Dust on hold? I thought you did.

• Options
    But, yes, welcome @Bucketman! You're more than welcome to join. I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a basic summary of the nonsense that has happened so far. You can shoot me a PM or just post a character concept in here.

• Options
    Nope!

I tried to guilt trip people into posting then felt guilty, and decided to just see if people would post on their own

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DE?AD wrote: »

post in ASCEND.

Wind tried to cut the power on behalf of Shock, like, ages ago.

Wind tripped a trap and got

what was it again

one moment let me look it up.

• Options
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok, admission time. I always read these threads but never have any idea what they are all about. How do I sign up for a thing?

Make a character

In Ascend

other games are cool too.

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Did Grant find a fire extinguisher in the room?

This discussion has been closed.