As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon: The muscles that will make the future bright!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure all ghosts get Will-o-Wisp.

My very limited experience with Trevenant (like in-game around the sixth or seventh gym limited) is that Trevenant is slightly too fragile to function with the speed it's got out of the box, so I have a hunch you'll have to invest very heavily in defensive stats in some form or another. I'm not sure what the best way to go is, though.

Also I'm pretty sure Ability Capsule doesn't work for Hidden Abilities. You can get Phantumps in Friend Safaris though; I'm pretty sure I have a Harvest one around somewhere. I don't know how much I like the randomness of it though.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Can you ability capsule to hidden abilities???

I dont think so.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Don't forget Pokemon number 616
    616.png

DUN DUN DUN

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    is harvest a hidden ability? nuts

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    okay, so those people entering in names of pokemon from the copywrite list into the gts and stuff? i just typed buhgt into the gts and it never told me anything about it not being a thing.

so, grain of salt with that feedback.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    currently no one has put up any Yffeyz on the GTS.

Too bad.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I spend forever in lumiose trying to visit everywhere and gain access to the fancy shop

but I must have missed a cafe or something

man, either get rid of the requirement or put less stuff into this city

I just want new clothes

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    You don't have to do everything in the city

You have to have a certain level of style. Doing certain things raises your style level by a certain amount.

Google it.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    okay chain fishing time @drp527

let you know when i get a shiny skrelp

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    You don't have to do everything in the city

You have to have a certain level of style. Doing certain things raises your style level by a certain amount.

Google it.

so everyone who said that I had to visit every cafe?

you owe me an hour

I request that you spend it appreciating bugs

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Okay so @drp527 and @Huntera whats your ingame names so I can keep a eye out for you to trade the Exploud and Noibat

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    Dear Fearow and Hydreigon,

Thank you for your interest in me as a pokemon trainer. I welcome every battle with enthusiasm. At this time, sadly, I am only looking to add a Skarmory to my pokedex. Please stop. Stop. Dangit.

Love,

Fiz - Head of Penny Arcade's Opera Division

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Now that I throttled the Elite 4 and Champ:

Let the mass breeding experiments commence!

Concerning the end
    Anyone disappointed the song didn't have voice acting?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Okay so drp527 and Huntera whats your ingame names so I can keep a eye out for you to trade the Exploud and Noibat

I am X and currently running around in circles hoping desperately for a shiny nincada so just send a request whenever

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    Oh shit I forget that Huntera sent me a modest Noivern already. Nevermind!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Oh shit I forget that Huntera sent me a modest Noivern already. Nevermind!

I'm so good at customer service

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so do the elite 4 not have a postgame stronger variant

because this is a real pain in the ass to get stuff to weird levels to learn moves

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they purposely made Pokemon #666 a dainty butterfly.

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Fiz wrote: »
    Dear Fearow and Hydreigon,

Thank you for your interest in me as a pokemon trainer. I welcome every battle with enthusiasm. At this time, sadly, I am only looking to add a Skarmory to my pokedex. Please stop. Stop. Dangit.

Love,

Fiz - Head of Penny Arcade's Opera Division

Hydreigon is civilization.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

because this is a real pain in the ass to get stuff to weird levels to learn moves

the move relearner can teach a pokemon any move they can learn through level-up, even if they haven't reached the right level yet

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    @Fiz gimme like 10 minutes I'll squeeze you out a skarmory egg

• Options

the move relearner can teach a pokemon any move they can learn through level-up, even if they haven't reached the right level yet

mind blown

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular

I don't think this is quite right anymore, I think a lot of movesets got tweaked to have powerful moves be treated as both "learned at level 0" and later level moves

because I tried to teach shroomish spore this way and it didn't work

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Fiz wrote: »
    I know my type is ghost and I have Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and shiny Darkrai.

The last might not be true. I have to beat the elite 4 still

One of these things is not like the others

• Options
    drp527 wrote: »

I don't think this is quite right anymore, I think a lot of movesets got tweaked to have powerful moves be treated as both "learned at level 0" and later level moves

because I tried to teach shroomish spore this way and it didn't work

oh, really? huh

still, it's worth checking on before you waste time grinding levels

• Options
    @Fiz gimme like 10 minutes I'll squeeze you out a skarmory egg

Fantastic! I will grab your code from the opening post.

3969-3700-0594

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    so I may

may

have left my 3DS running all day so that I would catch Asharaxx's friend when they got online so I could come home to all the dittos i could safari

i have a problem and i need help

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Does anyone have Eevees in their friend safari?

• Options
    now that some movesets are out I can see how all of my favorites got buffed this gen

glare got boosted to 100% accuracy! I will never again have a dunsparce sweep ruined by a 10% miss

ledian gets power-up punch! surely this is the tool needed to make my iron fist ledian the best of all time

• Options
    So where do I get flame body this gen

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Lampent from somebody's friend safari

• Options

talonflame

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Fletchling has one of those flame abilities for eggs.

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    now that some movesets are out I can see how all of my favorites got buffed this gen

glare got boosted to 100% accuracy! I will never again have a dunsparce sweep ruined by a 10% miss

ledian gets power-up punch! surely this is the tool needed to make my iron fist ledian the best of all time

now your dunsparce sweep can just get ruined by every electric type!

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »

I am happy to hear Ledian got a boost. When I did that "top 10 favorite pokemon" thing it always made it to the top without any hesitation. Love that bug.

I wish I had my Galvantula from Black 2. It was so perfect. Best little bug ever.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    also I really hope they buffed ledian's attack this gen

with a bunch of guys getting stat increases it'd be a shame not to throw poor ledian a bone

• Options
    edited October 2013
    dammit skarmory jam your iron bird dick into ditto's supple pink form already

Speed Racer on
  • Options

talonflame

you can rock smash for slugma on some route too

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elite 4 Down, @Speed Racer.

My team:

Pierce the Doublade (I never actually got a Dusk Stone, but Eviolite Doublade is disgustingly good)
    Telekitt the Meowstic (Not really good without Prankster, but was able to stall with protect and leftovers a lot)
    Bubba the Venusaur (Thick Fat is RIDICULOUS on this guy, and I can stall for days. I ended up getting rid of Synthesis because healing moves are normally a wasted move slot when you can use items)
    BoB the Greninja (Fragile as hell, and I really should have focused EVs on Special Attack instead of trying to split. It also sucks that I couldn't find a better Dark move than Thief)
    El Grapadura the Hawlucha (Basically the same as Greninja, only it actually has the moves to kill stuff. I almost regretted giving him Rocktom

and

BugGirl the Butterfree (Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance can work, but she is so fucking slow and I am pretty sure everything the Elite 4 has OHKOs her. Don't use metamorphosis bugs after the first gym, kids)

I basically cheated against the Champion
    Her Hawlucha cannot do shit to a Doublade, so I just Swords Dance three times and loaded him up with X Speeds and both X Defenses. After Hawlucha fainted, nothing else on her team got an attack off.

Gonna take a break and start my Posion team later. Also got to train up a Battle Maison team.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    rorus i already have a ditto safari now YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE

This discussion has been closed.