As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 badges and hotels

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Khoo!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Wellp purchased my passes. Now to get a hotel :D

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    in the queue. I think. Is it supposed to show my place in line?

koolaroo on
  • mahshahmahshah Registered User regular
    Thanks! Waiting in the queue, its like I'm already at PAX!

• DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    I'm going in (to the queue). If I don't come out, avenge my death.

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    So on the site there is an option to select which badges you want and then click get tickets. then you get put into queue? I selected 3 day, what happens if 3 day is sold out by the time I'm out of queue? Can I still get single day even though I didn't select them?

• WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Still in queue..

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Is the hotel site down because of traffic or? It won't even load at all for me.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I can't get in....

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

it would be great if there was some indication of how far in the queue I am.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    On the queue on PC and phone, not sure whats gonna happen. Struck out for PAX Prime.

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    I couldn't see a selection for BYOC badges, are they purchased separately this year?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    So on the site there is an option to select which badges you want and then click get tickets. then you get put into queue? I selected 3 day, what happens if 3 day is sold out by the time I'm out of queue? Can I still get single day even though I didn't select them?
    That happened to me. I believe you get the option to choose again once you're out of the queue.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is the hotel site down because of traffic or? It won't even load at all for me.
    If it's down I'm sure it's due to traffic.

Any guesses as to how long the queue wait will be? Hope its not hours like prime :(

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    That happened to me. I believe you get the option to choose again once you're out of the queue.

You do. It actually weirded me out because once I got through the queue it asked again and I was worried I got reset. Rest assured, you have to select again and then you're done.

PAX, here we come! :D

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Got them!

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Sitting in the que....for about 5 min now.

Exodus1 wrote: »
    I couldn't see a selection for BYOC badges, are they purchased separately this year?

Yes. This was mentioned in another thread, I don't remember the details (not a BYOC guy) but it's definitely separate this year.

• LimondLimond Registered User regular
    The hotel paged loaded once. Saw closest westin was already sold out. Waterfront hotel loaded went for 2 guests then nothing. 503 again. le sigh

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • MLCodestMLCodest Registered User regular
    Got two 3 days passes. Can't wait for April.

• creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I was also able to choose again once I got to the front of the queue.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    It's unfortunate the Onpeak openned up the hotel regs to the public earlier this morning. A bunch of the good hotels sold really quickly.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    I was 27 seconds late on clicking the twitter link. Still in queue :\ Good lord I can't believe this comes down to 27 seconds. Is it possible 3 days are sold out already?

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Had the westin, page crashed, lost the westin. :( The five closest hotels are now sold out.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    I got my passes!

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
    just breathed a huge sigh of relief. I'm going to Pax!

How long were most people who got passes in the que for? I'm going on 10 min, now.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You should feel lucky for even getting to the queue. I can't even get into the site at all.

• essenceofdaylightessenceofdaylight Registered User regular
    Waiting in the queue is so stressful x_x

You don't mess with the Dragonborn
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    Boston Waterfront hotel won't load the submit buttons when buying rooms.

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    My queue page sorted loaded, then something changed in the blue bar, but now it's back to the same thing...

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • MLCodestMLCodest Registered User regular
    How people are getting on the hotel site is beyond me. I haven't been able to get past the first page once.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    It's unfortunate the Onpeak openned up the hotel regs to the public earlier this morning. A bunch of the good hotels sold really quickly.

Wait, really? Awww, c'mon. I could have registered hours ago?

edited October 2013
    pilferk wrote: »
    How long were most people who got passes in the que for? I'm going on 10 min, now.

10 minutes I think was about right. But of course the queue is going to vary in length depending on how many people got in ahead of you...

Oh, and don't try to get into the queue with multiple web browsers. It gets wonky. The queue does work, though, have faith!

KoalaBro2 on
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Got 3 3 Day Passes and confirmed with my bank, friend also got 3 3 Day passes.

I clicked the link 27s after the twitter post. Was in queue for 10 minutes

• essenceofdaylightessenceofdaylight Registered User regular
    I can't even get to OnPeak. I keep getting a 503 error. Darn you, web traffic!

You don't mess with the Dragonborn
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    You should feel lucky for even getting to the queue. I can't even get into the site at all.

You should be going to this link: http://www.showclix.com/event/p37836811

NOT the PAX site. That site is screwed up. It's rather unfortunate, only people knowing to check these forums or twitter are going to know this.

Anyways, was in queue for like 10 minutes, got through, got three passes. This website system is a great upgrade. Good jerb.

BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • DavidTLynchEsqDavidTLynchEsq Registered User new member
    edited October 2013
    I got my pass. The queue lasted about 10 minutes for me.

EDIT: From what I can tell, I showed up in the just in time to avoid a much longer wait. I hope this post didn't mislead anyone.

DavidTLynchEsq on
    Tuninator..the "regular" web site for hotels was open for roughly 5 min before they shut it down. The mobile site was live for maybe 30 to 45 min before they shut it down. All around 10 AM.

This discussion has been closed.