As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 badges and hotels

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    And THIS is why I booked the Marriott months ago...

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Yeah showclix has done well this time around. Good idea on sticking with them.

• Options
    nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    I felt like a heavy weight was lifted once I got the confirmation on passes. To those of you still in the trenches, I wish you the best of luck!

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • Options
    essenceofdaylightessenceofdaylight Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    It's unfortunate the Onpeak openned up the hotel regs to the public earlier this morning. A bunch of the good hotels sold really quickly.

Wait, really? Awww, c'mon. I could have registered hours ago?

I tried to use OnPeak earlier today and it would only let you do it if you were an Enforcer or an Exhibitor

You don't mess with the Dragonborn
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    I've gotten to the hotel listings, but they don't have a "Go" button. Welp...

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Badge: Check!
    Plane Ticket: Check!

All that is left is to keep F5ing the hotel page. Guess there is always the hotel thread too.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Imsorad wrote: »
    You should feel lucky for even getting to the queue. I can't even get into the site at all.

You should be going to this link: http://www.showclix.com/event/p37836811

NOT the PAX site. That site is screwed up. It's rather unfortunate, only people knowing to check these forums or twitter are going to know this.

Anyways, was in queue for like 10 minutes, got through, got three passes. This website system is a great upgrade. Good jerb.

I am. I had to refresh about 50 times before the queue page finally loaded.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Still in the queue....c'mon!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    Finally got through to OnPeak via phone!

And.....internal and external sites are down, trying to get a developer on it, they're guessing 10-20 minutes for it to be back up....

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    In the queue going on 13 minutes...nerve-wracking

• Options
    Yeah I booked Seaport back in Sept for this very reason. I'd rather worry about just badges instead of badges and hotel

• Options
    pilferk wrote: »
    Tuninator..the "regular" web site for hotels was open for roughly 5 min before they shut it down. The mobile site was live for maybe 30 to 45 min before they shut it down. All around 10 AM.

Well, damn. That's kinda bull, but ah well, what can you do I guess?

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    On peak is still not working

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Got the three day and BYOC. All is right with the world...

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    KemicalKemical Registered User regular
    Got my passes. Woot!

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I am. I had to refresh about 50 times before the queue page finally loaded.

Ah, now I'm seeing a 503 on that site. Damn. And it was looking like it was working smoothly. :/

BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Got to page to enter info and now I got a 503 error while processing....

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    I think the queue system crashed on me. The animated icon disappeared but I was not taken to the order page.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    It just says "Welcome to the Virtual Queue" with the spinning arrows until you're finally up and it pops, right? I assume so, but I just want to be certain.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Just hanging out waiting... this is stressful. I swear I've been in queue for like 20 min now. *sweats*

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Badges: Check
    Hotel: Check (Thanks to not relying on OnPeak)

Grades:

Showclix: B+. Servers held up, queue worked fine, no exploits that I saw
    OnPeak: F-(minus-minus-minus). Thank god I booked a hotel on my own and didn't rely on them, though I tried to use them for a lower rate.

Quintious on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    It just says "Welcome to the Virtual Queue" with the spinning arrows until you're finally up and it pops, right? I assume so, but I just want to be certain.

Yup, that's how it worked for me.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    theactualheavytheactualheavy Registered User regular
    I've been sitting in this damn virtual queue for what seems like forever.

• Options
    I'll be seeing those spinning arrows in my nightmares

• Options
    AmerrifiAmerrifi Registered User new member
    edited October 2013
    The official site says: Unfortunately all badges are sold out for PAX East 2013. Additional tickets will not be made available. For general registration questions, email us at registration@paxsite.com.

Seriously?

(Nevermind, jumped the gun with my frustration. The next PAX is PAX East _2014_)

Amerrifi on
  • Options
    GrieveGrieve Registered User new member
    Ya, I'm glad I checked the twitter page though I was still a couple minutes late. Hopefully, the 3-days aren't sold out when I get through.

• Options
    Quintious wrote: »
    OnPeak: F---- Thank god I booked a hotel on my own and didn't rely on them, though I tried to use them for a lower rate.

Seriously. I actually got through to a reservations page, but there was no "reserve rooms" button to click! I know it's a heavy load, but damn, get it together.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    srsizzy wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Yup, that's how it worked for me.

Thanks. Gotta be patient. On the edge of my seat.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    AmerrifiAmerrifi Registered User new member
    Ah, I need to read better. This is PAX 2014 we're concerned with :)

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Hotel page has crashed maybe 5 times now. Everytime I get to the page and hit search, it crashes.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Amerrifi wrote: »
    The official site says: Unfortunately all badges are sold out for PAX East 2013. Additional tickets will not be made available. For general registration questions, email us at registration@paxsite.com.

Seriously?

X_X whaaat it's been like 30 minutes

Edit: You're not the only one who read wrong xD

essenceofdaylight on
  • Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Considering this was only advertised on Twitter and this forum at the time of launch, I think you're good. It only went up on Facebook like 10 minutes ago, and the main site (which is what I was checking) is useless.

• Options
    The main pax site is no longer under stress and seems to be loading better. It is also saying badge available for all still.

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    I've been sitting in this damn virtual queue for what seems like forever.
    If it makes you feel better, I got into queue at 12:16, still waiting

• Options
    Hotel page has crashed maybe 5 times now. Everytime I get to the page and hit search, it crashes.

I can see the Search button now, but it's an unclickable image. This is getting ridiculous.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Been in queue for about 15 min. now...getting jumpy. And I'm already a jumpy person

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    got passes hotel site keeps crashing

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    The main pax site is no longer under stress and seems to be loading better. It is also saying badge available for all still.

Unfortunately it can't be used to actually register for tickets. The link in the registration page is broken.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    I was able to book the Hyatt Regency Boston (~20 min walk) just now, so there are still rooms there. Went through the Hyatt site.

• Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    I screwed up. In my hurry because I thought the show was going to sell out I bout 5 Friday only passes instead of 5 3-day passes. I am screwed

This discussion has been closed.