As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking to Group Cosplay PAX East 2014

MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
Hey everyone! I've cosplayed every year at PAX East and am looking for some new ideas. Last year I attempted my first group cosplay with some friends, and while it didn't turn out as I had planned, it made me want to try again. I figured this time I'd reach out and see if anyone else is interested. As for ideas, I'm pretty open to almost any background, so if you have ideas, please let me know.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I still happen to think it would be insanely awesome if you got two groups of people to cosplay the old NES Ice Hockey game. Of course, that means finding a composition of larger (or wearing sumo outfits), skinnier, and mid-size individuals, plus goalie. I just think it would be fantastic to see two groups of 5 on roller blades and in team jerseys skating around while everyone is in line.

For those who don't remember/know:
    http://youtu.be/5kXVFCfBWoQ

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Arkham Horror Ancient Ones anyone?

<-- King in Yellow ready to go =)

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've been considering a Payday: The Heist cosplay.

mod edit: removed bad link.

zerzhul on
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular

A friend and I are both looking into doing this. Just have to figure out how to make the masks at school but it's quite likely we will be. If you want I can keep you updated with weather we actually are or not. If we do maybe we can get the full crew there ;)

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    DaenythDaenyth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm most likely going to do a Fallout Vault Dweller. Hopefully they announce some Boston-area vault numbers before I end up making the jumpsuit.

• Options
    FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    i got it in my mind to make a gravelord nito costume, but i don't think the people at jim hensons muppet studio will have time to take my questions.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »

A friend and I are both looking into doing this. Just have to figure out how to make the masks at school but it's quite likely we will be. If you want I can keep you updated with weather we actually are or not. If we do maybe we can get the full crew there ;)
    Keep me updated!

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    The wife and I should be wearing Booker and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite at PE2014. Aside from that, I'm toying with the idea of either going with Saints Row, Resident Evil, Borderlands or Mass Effect stuff. Gotta see how some other stuff plays out first. C.R.E.A.M. and such.

• Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    I'm in a rut as well concerning my next cosplay. Usually I have a bajillion ideas and start working on it nowish but I'm having a mind block. Last year I went as The Merchant from RE4, year previous I made my own Dovahkiin outfit, and previous I was Naked Snake from MGS3.

A Payday The Heist group cosplay seems viable for me.
    I was thinking perhaps an Ornstein and Smough cosplay. I'm a bit on the bigger side so I'd do Smough.
    I've also thought of ways to make a Dead Space engineer outfit, seeing how I have a 1:1 replica of the plasma cutter. I'm not too construction savvy however.
    An idea last year was Barry Burton. It was last minute and didn't end up doing it.
    My friends and I had a rough idea for alternate costumes for classic video game characters. Mine was a Crippled Sonic idea. But I don't want to be rolling around BCEC in a wheelchair, especially on the showroom floor.

So any suggestions would be excellent, or if anyone needs someone to join a group cosplay I would totally be down for it.

• Options
    blahshawblahshaw [E]nforcer extraordinaire Portland, ORRegistered User new member
    Looking for either a Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker or Mass Effect cosplay group. I plan on either dressing up in Link's pajamas or the Mass Effect engineer uniform. Thanks!

• Options
    witchofthewildswitchofthewilds ConnecticutRegistered User new member
    blahshaw wrote: »
    Looking for either a Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker or Mass Effect cosplay group. I plan on either dressing up in Link's pajamas or the Mass Effect engineer uniform. Thanks!

If I make it to PAX next year then I'm bringing Jack from Mass Effect.

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do Stalker? It's pretty easy - camouflage, some web gear, and a gas mask.

• Options
    HourlyBHourlyB Registered User new member
    edited October 2013
    XX55XX wrote: »
    Anyone want to do Stalker? It's pretty easy - camouflage, some web gear, and a gas mask.
    I went last year as a stalker, since then I've made some improvements, like trying to find a artifact, bandages, better gas mask. Here it is. (Note: I know airsoft guns aren't allowed, so it will not be coming with me)
    http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Here+s+mine+wore+it+to+PAX+East+_af901a1d6c94b75e74fcf04177c8cfab.jpg
    (Sorry for the huge image, but its the only one I have)

zerzhul on
  • Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    So I made up my mind and have started my Solaire cosplay from Dark Souls. Looking to see if anyone else was interested in doing anything. Nito, Gwyn, Artorias, and Capra Demon are just a few ideas to throw out.

Also, nice STALKER costume HourlyB. Good choice getting the Finnish gas mask. I have one myself.

• Options
    HourlyBHourlyB Registered User new member
    satyr16 wrote: »
    So I made up my mind and have started my Solaire cosplay from Dark Souls. Looking to see if anyone else was interested in doing anything. Nito, Gwyn, Artorias, and Capra Demon are just a few ideas to throw out.

Also, nice STALKER costume HourlyB. Good choice getting the Finnish gas mask. I have one myself.
    Thanks, I'm also looking to make a Battlefield 3 Assault class uniform.

• Options
    lunestralunestra The Alchemist LowellRegistered User regular
    POKEMON group cosplay anyone! I am going as jinx

• Options
    TinTangoTinTango Registered User regular
    blahshaw wrote: »

If I make it to PAX next year then I'm bringing Jack from Mass Effect.
    Mass effect will be huge next year- they're trying to get a whole bunch of the VAs to cosplay their game characters for one of the panels. At the moment its still fundraising, but please check it out- google the "mass effect cast cosplay initiative".

Im trying to decide which character I can make the costume for; Grunt or Anderson.

• Options
    EeBeeEeBee Registered User new member
    Boyfriend and I are planning some Android: Netrunner runner ID cosplays (Gabriel and Reina). If anyone else is planning/interested in such a thing, let me know!

• Options
    LPJennLPJenn Registered User new member
    I'm planning on going as Miranda from Mass Effect. I am very interested to see the cosplays this year.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    So given that in 6 months this hasn't made it past one page, I am going to close it in favor of the main cosplay thread. If for some reason that thread gets waaay packed with group ideas and such we can re-open this, but right now I think it is just fragmenting the discussion.

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.