As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon: The Cutest...uh...Veteran's Day

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    What even is a neckbeard?

basically the kind of beard you get when you just don't shave at all but it's not long enough to be like a biker person/lumberjack beard

you just have a lot of scruffy gross-looking hair under your chin/on your neck and it's really not a style of beard so much as a failure to groom yourself

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    please dont post pictures of me without my permission

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I bought a fedora in this game because the player character actually is mildly capable of wearing one

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    jy5UAaF.gif

"Like you ride a Honda Goldwing and collect swords" is such a burn

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    God damn Close Combat looks awesome.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I bought a fedora in this game because the player character actually is mildly capable of wearing one

He or she is a world adventurer dealing in mythical creatures and dangerous locales
    I'll let it slide

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one thing i do like about talonflame

it is absolutely appropriate that a fire/flying pokemon be the one to shake the foundations of Stealth Rock

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    T-t-t-there's nothing wrong with collecting swords.

(All the ones I have owned were actually for hitting people...)

Actually, that said, someone should make a honedge sword you can buy.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Wait why is Talonflame a stealth rock counter

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    well it gets priority defog for one thing

edited October 2013
    Wait why is Talonflame a stealth rock counter

defog makes stealth rock go away

talonflame's dream world ability makes all flying moves have priority (like quick attack)

defog is flying type

and so is acrobatics/Brave Bird, which makes talonflame enough of a terror that you can force a switch with it at the right time and safely use defog

but even failing that you can just suicide-bomb them with defog to clear away stealth rock for your other guys

you wouldn't think that'd be worth it

but people have been using suicide leads since gen IV to set up stealth rock, so

Speed Racer on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2013
    Talonflame, Talonflame
    What were they thinking with that name
    He'll use defog
    to clear your work
    Then hits with Brave Bird
    to be a jerk

Watch out
    Here comes the Talonflame

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    scolipede ninjask (lol) blaziken and yanmega ain't SHIT now thanks to talonflame ohkoing them without caring, at all, ever

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    is talonflame knocking blaziken out of ubers?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    i think two gimmick teams i'm gonna try to make are 6 rattata clones and six pidgey clones

Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant, and Talonflame

and Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog, and

oh wait shit I forgot the rattata clone in gen 6 is fucking Diggersby

never fucking mind

the bird team sounds like a fun idea though

pidgeot and unfezant aren't amazing but the only real total dud on that lineup is noctowl

Goo team

Goomy Muk Garbador Castform Swalot ?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I like Noctowl, but I don't like how it breaks the pattern by only having one evolution

Diggersby is so baaaaaad though

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Goo team

How is Castform gooey? Try Gastrodon and Magcargo.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Goo team

Magcargo
    Jellicent
    Reuniclus

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Swellow also only has one evolution though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Does Swellow have anything going for it?

talonflame's dream world ability makes all flying moves have priority (like quick attack)

Man, even as someone who hardly knows his elbow from his asshole when it comes to competitive Pokemon...

The fuck?!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Goo team

gastrodon

jellicent?

Wyvern wrote: »
    Goo team

250px-351Castform.png

How is that not a glob

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    What is the deal with this fedora meme? I had never once encountered anybody with an opinion about fedoras until Pokemon came out.

Eh? Really?

Basically, there are some guys out there that think they can wear fedoras with like, t-shirt and a jeans, and it looks terrible.

These people are also often huge nerds and have neckbeards.

These people also subscribe to "Men's Rights" nonsense and will possibly refer to women as "Mi'Lady"

Basically the fedora has been forever ruined. It belongs to a past era of fashion. It should be left there.

It absolutely hasn't been "forever ruined"

Look, if you wear a fedora with a vest, dress shirt, tie and pants or something similar

Its fine

But the problem is that I have MORE THAN ONCE seen a dude wearing a Fedora with a My little pony t-shirt and shorts and that is unacceptable

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

Man, even as someone who hardly knows his elbow from his asshole when it comes to competitive Pokemon...

The fuck?!

It bears mentioning that Talonflame already has buttloads of speed and barely any attack or defense, so it's not quiiiite as crazy as it sounds, but it does get around all of the things that would normally be the go-to counters for fast, frail attackers.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    What is the deal with this fedora meme? I had never once encountered anybody with an opinion about fedoras until Pokemon came out.

Eh? Really?

Basically, there are some guys out there that think they can wear fedoras with like, t-shirt and a jeans, and it looks terrible.

These people also subscribe to "Men's Rights" nonsense and will possibly refer to women as "Mi'Lady"

Basically the fedora has been forever ruined. It belongs to a past era of fashion. It should be left there.

Look, if you wear a fedora with a vest, dress shirt, tie and pants or something similar

Its fine

But the problem is that I have MORE THAN ONCE seen a dude wearing a Fedora with a My little pony t-shirt and shorts and that is unacceptable

agree, with the clarification that a suit is the only real requirement, it doesn't have to be a three-piece

Goo team

How is that not a glob

I'm going to be honest with you here.

I'm pretty sure that I often forget the difference between Castform and Shuppet.

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

The fedora is a hat that goes with a certain outfit. Just like you wouldn't wear a baseball cap with a tuxedo, you should wear a fedora with a certain type of suit.

The thing is that certain type of suit belongs to a past era of fashion. So sure, you can wear an outfit a fedora looks good with, but at that point it looks more like you are wearing a period costume than you are dressing up for going out.

So, it either looks bad or like a costume. People should let it go.

160px-353Shuppet.png

How is that not a blob

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Swellow also only has one evolution though

Oh, that's right. I forgot Taillow.

I like Taillow a lot

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

The fedora is a hat that goes with a certain outfit. Just like you wouldn't wear a baseball cap with a tuxedo, you should wear a fedora with a certain type of suit.

The thing is that certain type of suit belongs to a past era of fashion. So sure, you can wear an outfit a fedora looks good with, but at that point it looks more like you are wearing a period costume than you are dressing up for going out.

uhhhh what "kind of suit" are you talking about, exactly

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Goo team

How is that not a glob

I'm going to be honest with you here.

I'm pretty sure that I often forget the difference between Castform and Shuppet.

Probably 'cause it's based on these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teru_teru_bozu

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Goo team

250px-351Castform.png

How is that not a glob

nice tits mind if i take a shit on them

Shorty wrote: »

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

Certain cuts, fabrics, etc.

Can't throw a fedora on any old suit and expect it to match well. Can't say I know the correct names for any of these things though.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    16aeb920-7cac-4ea8-b4de-c11eaa236310_zps95cde12a.jpg

can't believe they actually did it..

Shorty wrote: »

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

Certain cuts, fabrics, etc.

Can't throw a fedora on any old suit and expect it to match well. Can't say I know the correct names for any of these things though.

dude it's men's fashion, aside from fads like zoot suits and leisure suits it hasn't changed in a century

you could literally pull a good suit from 1930's saville row and wear it today, and vice-versa

ok what the fuck this espeon had yawn and protect and was spamming yawn every time i switched

so i switched to mega kanga and decided to fake out to kill it

NOPE protect, the one turn i decide to attack after 7 turns of switching

how does that happen

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Thank you, Aerodactyl. Inverse Battle Helioisk was a nightmare.

This discussion has been closed.