As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Writer's Block hidden when logged out

Hey Guys,

As far as I can see, The Writer's Block subforum is only viewable if you are logged in. Not sure if this is deliberate, but all the other on-topic forums remain visable even when logged out.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    The Writer's Block
    Discuss literature, and post original works. No fanfiction. This forum requires a forum account to view.

• Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    D'oh, my bad - missed that bit. Sorry guys.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My understanding is that it's so search engines can't crawl it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When I was a mod there, we had problems with blogs mirroring content from critiques without permission.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Athenor is correct. It's absolutely nothing to do with stealing content though.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Yeah, between content mirrors, ridiculous search engine indexing, and other problems with stuff being too visible to the outside world, we asked ElJeffe if he could take it up the ladder and secure the subforum to members only. It definitely helps shield some stuff from public access.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    @eljeffe definitely takes it up the ladder

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I really do.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.