As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon: The Cutest...uh...Veteran's Day

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    160px-353Shuppet.png

How is that not a blob

That is so not a blob. That is CLEARLY a napkin ghost.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Next time just keep switchin till he runs out of Yawn PP. Or maybe that's what happened?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    What is the deal with this fedora meme? I had never once encountered anybody with an opinion about fedoras until Pokemon came out.

Eh? Really?

Basically, there are some guys out there that think they can wear fedoras with like, t-shirt and a jeans, and it looks terrible.

These people are also often huge nerds and have neckbeards.

These people also subscribe to "Men's Rights" nonsense and will possibly refer to women as "Mi'Lady"

Basically the fedora has been forever ruined. It belongs to a past era of fashion. It should be left there.

It absolutely hasn't been "forever ruined"

Look, if you wear a fedora with a vest, dress shirt, tie and pants or something similar

Its fine

But the problem is that I have MORE THAN ONCE seen a dude wearing a Fedora with a My little pony t-shirt and shorts and that is unacceptable

Ehhhhhhhh.

The fedora is a hat that goes with a certain outfit. Just like you wouldn't wear a baseball cap with a tuxedo, you should wear a fedora with a certain type of suit.

The thing is that certain type of suit belongs to a past era of fashion. So sure, you can wear an outfit a fedora looks good with, but at that point it looks more like you are wearing a period costume than you are dressing up for going out.

So, it either looks bad or like a costume. People should let it go.

uhhhh what "kind of suit" are you talking about, exactly

Certain cuts, fabrics, etc.

Can't throw a fedora on any old suit and expect it to match well. Can't say I know the correct names for any of these things though.

dude it's men's fashion, aside from fads like zoot suits and leisure suits it hasn't changed in a century

you could literally pull a good suit from 1930's saville row and wear it today, and vice-versa

Not really, no.

http://www.esquire.com/style/style-evolution-0908#slide-1

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ha ha ha ha, I knew Chandelure had high Sp Atk but I just compared it to when it was a Lampent and wowza.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Pokemon thread: Come for the children's video game, stay for the men's fashion discussion

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    What is the deal with this fedora meme? I had never once encountered anybody with an opinion about fedoras until Pokemon came out.

Eh? Really?

Basically, there are some guys out there that think they can wear fedoras with like, t-shirt and a jeans, and it looks terrible.

These people also subscribe to "Men's Rights" nonsense and will possibly refer to women as "Mi'Lady"

Basically the fedora has been forever ruined. It belongs to a past era of fashion. It should be left there.

Look, if you wear a fedora with a vest, dress shirt, tie and pants or something similar

Its fine

But the problem is that I have MORE THAN ONCE seen a dude wearing a Fedora with a My little pony t-shirt and shorts and that is unacceptable

Ehhhhhhhh.

The fedora is a hat that goes with a certain outfit. Just like you wouldn't wear a baseball cap with a tuxedo, you should wear a fedora with a certain type of suit.

The thing is that certain type of suit belongs to a past era of fashion. So sure, you can wear an outfit a fedora looks good with, but at that point it looks more like you are wearing a period costume than you are dressing up for going out.

Can't throw a fedora on any old suit and expect it to match well. Can't say I know the correct names for any of these things though.

dude it's men's fashion, aside from fads like zoot suits and leisure suits it hasn't changed in a century

you could literally pull a good suit from 1930's saville row and wear it today, and vice-versa

Not really, no.

...all of the things it lists as being iconic for the 30's are still completely appropriate for today

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

Not really, no.

...all of the things it lists as being iconic for the 30's are still completely appropriate for today

The point was more to go through the whole thing and watch how much suit fashion changed over the span of 80 years. Personally, if I saw someone wearing any of the suits from the 1930s section I would think they were trying out their halloween costume early.

Anyway, this is quite off topic so we can just agree to disagree on this point.

So, how about them Pokemons? I hear you can buy a fedora.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    God I just wanna train up everything

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    By the way, how do you get Defog on talonflame?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    And since it's already pretty fast and gets priority on most of its important moves, would a +ATK nature be the way to go?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Wooo, just beat the elite four and the champ.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    yo does anyone have a 2DS

if so: thoughts???

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    @Gatsby and @HyperBallad do, and a few others. I hear good things.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Ok. Anyone have any spare good spread Noibats? Holy crap am i tired of chasin shadows

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Sier has one. I'll see if I can't badger her into actually posting about it instead of just reading my screen and saying she likes it.

• Options
    SierSier Registered User regular
    I do like my 2DS rather a lot. It's really not that much bigger than a 3DS, might actually be a little smaller than one with the lid open. I like how sturdy it feels as well- I kinda always felt like I was going to break the hinges on the 3DS. I also don't have to deal with accidentally flipping the lid shut while I'm playing.

The only thing I'd say is if you want something that will fit in your pocket and not require a carry case, then you might prefer a 3DS. But other than that, I say 2DS all the way.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Wait a minute, Bendery's Friend Safari is showing up as Ghost.

Thought he has Dittos?

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    yo i just wanted to say @speed racer's guide in the OP was really helpful for me to understand what ya'll are talking about since i haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    213 Ralts. One shiny. I think I'm gonna take a break from this and work on my team some more.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    yo does anyone have a 2DS

if so: thoughts???

It's pretty nice, not a fingerprint magnet. I've played over 60 hours of Pokemon X very comfortably on mine.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Wait a minute, Bendery's Friend Safari is showing up as Ghost.

Thought he has Dittos?

raz got mixed up, bendery had a friend who's safari was dittos and was starting up a ditto-trading spreadsheet so people could request whatever ditto they wanted from whoever happened to have it and just keep the same set of dittos cycling to whoever wanted them at the time

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    213 Ralts. One shiny. I think I'm gonna take a break from this and work on my team some more.

masuda method's still something like 1 in 1365 I think, so there's quite a ways to go

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I want an option to wear no hat

so much

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    can you get the beret the rangers wear anywhere in game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I want an option to wear no hat

so much

Why

I don't understand

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm going to do it

This is the game where I'm going to Catch Them All

Ditto just popped me out like 30 different babies

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Have Cottonee/Whimsicott shown up in the Friend Safari at all?

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Hat hater.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Have Cottonee/Whimsicott shown up in the Friend Safari at all?

these two don't exist in the game yet, they're unobtainable until cloud storage (at least with the known list of safari pokemon which I think is probably finished? might not be)

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    Well, darn. Guess I'll figure out a substitute in the meantime.

• Options
    you know what would be really neat but will never happen? new regions with old starters as like, DLC or something.

you start in a new place, but you get one of the johto starters or some such.

Not as a whole new game, but as a side thing.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'd love it if they did gen i remake remakes in the form of dlc

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    you know what would be really neat but will never happen? new regions with old starters as like, DLC or something.

Start literally every game with Blaziken

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

that's the upcoming pikachu game

lightning yellow

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Black trenchcoat dress.

Damn you lumioise shop you keep reeling me in!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So whats a good restaurant to rack up a quick fortune at

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Melding wrote: »

Start literally every game with Blaziken

No, i want to start with a pokemon i like.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

that's the upcoming pikachu game

lightning yellow
    No that's obviously gonna be professor Layton x Pokemon didn't you've ensue the magnifying glass

• Options
    OzchuckOzchuck Registered User regular

Eh? Really?

Its fine

Ehhhhhhhh.

Not really, no.

The point was more to go through the whole thing and watch how much suit fashion changed over the span of 80 years. Personally, if I saw someone wearing any of the suits from the 1930s section I would think they were trying out their halloween costume early.

Anyway, this is quite off topic so we can just agree to disagree on this point.

So, how about them Pokemons? I hear you can buy a fedora.

I got all primed up to kind of disagree with you, but then I read the first quotes in the fashion sub-thread.
    Yes, fedoras are horrible and don't go with anything, except for going on reddit and complaining about tfwngf.

But for mens formal fashion the details change much, much less than our casual wear has - The invention of jeans and a Tshirt, sleeveless shirts, etc.
    There are plenty of non-fedora items that can pulled out of grandpas closet and look good today.

In actual pokemon discussion, I've been playing for nearly 10 hours and I still get kicked out of the fashion store in vermillion city for being too hideous.
    What do I have to do to fix it?

• Options
    You have to visit every location in poke Paris, every shop, cafe, hotel, etc

This discussion has been closed.