As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Decaying slowly from the brain down.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I just can't go to sleep. Like, I've never been real great at that anyways, though.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    When I turned 30 I had a real come-to-Jesus moment and took a hard look at myself. I looked at how I treated people and interacted with them.

I was a grown man trying desperately to always be the winner. And that is a very immature thing. Once I stepped back and accepted that simple fact, I think I became a far easier person to be around.

Still an arrogant cunt. But at least I'm not as obnoxious about it. I'd like to think the years since have shown me improving.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I am 6 years older than my uni classmates and they just don't get how I don't want to go out and get wrecked each night like they do. There's a big difference between 18 and 24 sometimes.

I'm pretty sure it's still just 6.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    I just can't go to sleep. Like, I've never been real great at that anyways, though.

its one of those things you do nearly every day of your entire life

and its remarkable how often you do it wrong.

seriously, i sleep wrong all the time

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Today in class I was talking about my parents' cat (ha ha!), who is 18, and this girl in class said "Your parents' cat is as old as I am!"

I was like ohhh nooo

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Oh and my libido has pretty much crashed and burned into the ground in the past month or so.

Dunno what that is about.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    There are now teenagers that were born after the millenium.

Teenagers

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    There are kids for whom Halo is like their first FPS

and I'm like

what about Catacomb Abyss MOTHERFUCKER

(granted Catacomb Abyss was even before my time but c'mon)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Teenagers

no, shut up, what are you dooooiiiiiiing

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Hi

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Teenagers

I think 13 is preteen, though.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »

Teenagers

The fact that "teen" is in the name thirteen means you are incorrect.

• Options
    I keep thinking about how weird it'll be to introduce Anya to stuff from 'my time' when she's old enough

like Baldur's Gate is pretty archaic now

how is she going to look at it in like 10 years when she's able to grasp some of the concepts of it

"Shut up dad I'm going to play Baldur's Gate: Reloaded: Remix: Deluxe Edition"

• Options
    Thir-teen? I thought that was the decider

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Teenagers

no...

thir...

teen.......

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

Hi

No goldeneye? No PD?? No Quake????

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Halo was okay.

Doom was also okay.

Team Fortress 2 is forever.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

Teenagers

no, shut up, what are you dooooiiiiiiing

Gettin old, man

Gettin old

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

Hi

Okay wait, no, goldeneye was right before Halo

Halo was the first game I ever completed

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Hi

That's cute.

Wolfenstein.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    all other multiplayer shooters were merely the testbed for TF2

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Hi

That's cute.

Wolfenstein.

You and me, Blake.

You and me.
    Schutzstaffel!
    MEIN LEIBEN

• Options
    I keep thinking about how weird it'll be to introduce Anya to stuff from 'my time' when she's old enough

like Baldur's Gate is pretty archaic now

how is she going to look at it in like 10 years when she's able to grasp some of the concepts of it

"Shut up dad I'm going to play Baldur's Gate: Reloaded: Remix: Deluxe Edition"

And then she'll play Dragon Age 5: The Grey Warden's Revengining. Now with DLC season passes, online multiplayer and sex scene censorship disable.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    gonna make sure my kid(s) have the best taste in things I'm into (see: my taste) (see: video games)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Goldeneye was my first fps.

• Options
    Anya before you play Halo 9: Master Chief's Hawaiian Adventure, you're going to play Icewind Dale RIGHT NOW, missy

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I beat Baulder's Gate 2 as a

edit: 9? 8?

year old and I can't today.

WheatBun01 on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Hi

That's cute.

Wolfenstein.

Nah bro, I'm right there with you

My first FPS's were Wolfenstein and Doom on SNES, though I mostly watched my older friend play them and (in Doom's case) played air guitar to the sick soundtrack

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    True story; I played Wolfenstein 3D when I was 6 and had no idea what a Nazi was. I was genuinely surprised to find out Hitler wasn't a mecha death machine, just a bitter old crazy person.

488W936.png
  • Options
    I'm not so sure I can beat BG2 nowadays.

I did beat Wolfenstein 3D on the hardest difficulty a few years back, though. So that's cool!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    As I have grown older I have further developed my fathers innate ability to not be able to dance.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    I think about Naporeon telling me to never change, some years ago. As you get older, understand your convictions as best you can. It may very well be what keeps you alive.

Another thing I think about is the importance of love and family. I learned my grandfather has terminal lung cancer, and is now blind, shitting and pissing himself. After coming out, I was made aware the grandparents were kept in the dark, which made sense.

My father has had great difficulty coming to terms with his father's very soon and likely very painful death.

I reached out to dad, and reached out to grandma.

She asked me in great detail how I was living, and second guessed every decision I made leaving the state of Michigan, away from the safety net of the family.

She said I could say anything to her, and I mentioned the suicide attempts of Michigan, and enlisting the aid of mental health services in Washington, not mentioning the transition. Don't ever think of suicide, you're not just hurting yourself, she'd say.

I talked about my progress and the downturn and how it affected me at my income level. You've got to help yourself. Nobody else will.

She asked again, "why Washington" again. I'd had about enough of all the bullshit, I was ready to give the old bitch a heart attack and tell her everything. She said, it was okay, she didn't need to know everything and there was some things only my ma and dad and therapist needed to know. She told me she loved me, and "you can share anything with me, Matthew".

The diseased nature of the loving usage of helping myself as nobody will struck a chord. It was disgusting, but it was true. If I'm cross, or quick to anger with what I see you say, I speak plainly and without honey'd poison. My life inherently involves compromising truth and love, and people will die in my lifetime who call me family, that will never accept me as I am. It marks every bit of my being and I still try to live, however kneecapped.

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I remember shareware doom and wolfenstein on the school pcs

I remember shareware

• Options
    Anya before you play Halo 9: Master Chief's Hawaiian Adventure, you're going to play Icewind Dale RIGHT NOW, missy

I refuse to let my son play Assassin's Creed 8: Ninja Pirate Viking Spartan Centurion Electric DNA-memories-aloo unless he successfully completes the wind tunnel jetski level of Battletoads on NES.

• Options
    Real talk Call of Duty 2 got me into history and helped me pass my Modern History class at high school

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    When and if I have children they're going to be introduced to Nintendo games around the same time as me - Kirby fairly early, first Zelda in the 10-year range when I think they'll be able to really get a handle on it

Sometimes I don't think I want to have kids, even though I love the idea of being a father

I don't mind the process of getting older. Getting weaker doesn't bother me - I'm only 25 and will continue getting swoler and stronger for years - but there's one thing

Sometimes when I get impassioned about something, or angry, or cut someone off, I can hear my father in my voice. Sometimes my mother.

I do not want to become my parents. In all my life I've had only a few immutable goals, but one of them has always been to be more than my parents, in deed and in presentation

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm surprised whenever anyone mentions their skills in video gaming have declined from their childhood

games that were insurmountable for me as a kid I can just obliterate in a couple hours nowadays

I think the bigger hands help

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I remember shareware doom and wolfenstein on the school pcs

I remember shareware

oh shit shareware

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I am 6 years older than my uni classmates and they just don't get how I don't want to go out and get wrecked each night like they do. There's a big difference between 18 and 24 sometimes.

I know those feels.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm surprised whenever anyone mentions their skills in video gaming have declined from their childhood

games that were insurmountable for me as a kid I can just obliterate in a couple hours nowadays

I think the bigger hands help

Younger me sucked at games and I've been getting better at them ever since

I find it difficult to imagine that I will get worse at them unless I start playing them a lot less. It's just a matter of practice

dN0T6ur.png