As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Decaying slowly from the brain down.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    the choice was binary

if i hated people and were motivated by hate i would've killed myself, and very deliberately made a point to bring as many people in my personal and social life to that same black point, so that as much harm could be done as possible, as i dont believe in going half way

im motivated by love and faith, and that pain however different a beast it might be is at least conscionable, and makes me want to stay alive, though more and more that feels less out of my hands

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anya before you play Halo 9: Master Chief's Hawaiian Adventure, you're going to play Icewind Dale RIGHT NOW, missy

I refuse to let my son play Assassin's Creed 8: Ninja Pirate Viking Spartan Centurion Electric DNA-memories-aloo unless he successfully completes the wind tunnel jetski level of Battletoads on NES.

you're a right bastard, you know that

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    what is old

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Anya before you play Halo 9: Master Chief's Hawaiian Adventure, you're going to play Icewind Dale RIGHT NOW, missy

I refuse to let my son play Assassin's Creed 8: Ninja Pirate Viking Spartan Centurion Electric DNA-memories-aloo unless he successfully completes the wind tunnel jetski level of Battletoads on NES.

you're a right bastard, you know that

Boy has to learn that life is a kick in the nuts, day in and day out.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Man, I am getting less hairy and more hairy at the same time

just not in the right places

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    is that thing that causes this hair to grow everywhere?

cause man is that annoying

• Options
    thinning hair can fuck right off

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    there aren't any games I could beat as a kid that I couldn't beat now

however, there are lots of games that I just don't have the patience or focus to learn anymore

like, if mega man x came out today, I'm not sure I'd be willing to learn each individual moment of every level like I did when I was a kid

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I remember being really good at Commander Keen and Doom but then I realized wait, I played those almost exclusively with cheats on.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I really liked donating my hair to Angel Hair for Kids in uni, it felt really great

I think I might do it again this year, but I never hear about older guys doing that sort of thing

Well fuck it, sick kids need hair more than I need to live free of embarrassment

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm not so sure I can beat BG2 nowadays.

I definitely could, I've got the whole game basically memorized

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

however, there are lots of games that I just don't have the patience or focus to learn anymore

like, if mega man x came out today, I'm not sure I'd be willing to learn each individual moment of every level like I did when I was a kid

yuppppp

I look back on FF7 or something and just cannot be assed to care about mastering materia or shit anymore

I play games in 30 min-2 hours spurts

and in that time I want some discernible progress to be made

• Options

Man I played that for the first time like three months ago

That game is fuckin' rad

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I'm ok in the hair department at least. My 54 year old dad has barely any grey and hasn't started balding at all so silver linings etc

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

I mean, I definitely have the intro memorized

ahh, the child of Bhaal has awoken!

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I beat it by equiping everyone with two axes and helmets and just reloading every fight over and over, tossing out spells that I had zero idea what they did.

It was a magical time.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

That game is fuckin' rad

it is pretty much without question my favorite megaman

but I do not have that tolerance for bullshit anymore

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I'm 22 and could walk into a High School and pass as a student without anybody batting an eye, most likely. It's slightly frustrating right now, but I think in the long run I'll enjoy looking so much younger than I actually am.

I'm 26 and I work for the local school district. Sometime last month, the principal had to let me in the front doors one day because it was a delayed start so they were still locked. He goes, "It's a bit early for you to be in the building, but I'll let you in anyway." and I went "Thanks. My shift doesn't start for another few minutes, but I didn't want to just wait out there." He gave me the weirdest look and went "Oh, right, you're a substitute. Yeah, I saw you working here the other day. Sorry about that."

This was at a middle school. I still don't know what to think.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    MMX and MMX3 are the two that I'll play occasionally and just wreck

It's built on the work I did in my childhood, of course, but with my ADULT HANDS I can finally competently dash jump off walls at will

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

david warner really killed it as Irenicus

• Options

That game is fuckin' rad

it is pretty much without question my favorite megaman

but I do not have that tolerance for bullshit anymore

I thought it was pretty bullshit-free. No need for grinding or anything. I didn't do a lot of experimenting but it's not that hard to get through most of the bosses

Sigma can kind of piss off, though, those three fights all in a row were more than a little trying

I ended up beating Mega Man 2 for the first time right after

But I love the Hell out of action games so my perspective on this may be a bit different

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

That game is fuckin' rad

it's one of the only games I've ever attempted to break any records in, I whistle music from it almost every day and it's in my top ten ever

the only game that has ever meant more to me for nostalgic or emotional reasons is Final Fantasy VI

• Options
    I can beat planescape from memorey

but I really don't want to

the engine is horrid and the game is sloggy

and I love the game

• Options
    I'm not gonna be all like "Ah child you gotta play these classic games" for most of them

A few of them are really timeless, though, and worth playing now as much as back then

Mega Man 2, Mega Man X, Kirby's Adventure (all the Kirby), Link to the Past

I love the idea of sharing those experiences with a person

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I could play Legend of Zelda:OoT right now and collect every heart container, get all the bottles, and rock the shit out of that game from memory.

• Options
    I can beat planescape from memorey

but I really don't want to

the engine is horrid and the game is sloggy

and I love the game

I go and beat it again once every two years or so

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I remember when game manuals were actually important for games.

Like how it was almost impossible to finish a level in the original Prince of Persia without it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't play many long games anymore because I don't like tying up the TV and my laptop can't handle long game sessions. Also there haven't really been a ton of long games that have grabbed my interest lately. I think maybe the last one was Mass Effect 3? I guess I played/am playing a lot of Fire Emblem/Pokemon, but I can play those while I'm doing something else, and I'm not hogging a tv

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Also, come to think of it, PoP was my very first introduction to gore in games.

The chopping blade trap animation gave me nightmares for so long.

• Options
    Hey guys the N64 is considered classic gaming now

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Also, come to think of it, PoP was my very first introduction to gore in games.

The chopping blade trap animation gave me nightmares for so long.

fucking pitfall

• Options

david warner really killed it as Irenicus

You shall suffer! You shall all suffer!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

it always was, home slice

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    first game i played was donkey kong jr and loved it

i tried recently, i kinda hate it now

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I remember when game manuals were actually important for games.

Like how it was almost impossible to finish a level in the original Prince of Persia without it.

the state of instruction manuals over the past eight years or so is one of my biggest pet peeves with the game industry

I mean as long as we're talking about trifling bullshit

I haven't lost perspective enough to think that the fact that I don't get a decent manual with my games is more important than how women are portrayed in games or the fact that it's still in many ways not a legitimate artform

• Options
    Shoulda gone with "retro" stupid stupid STUPID

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

it always was, home slice

there are less than a dozen games on there that I consider to be must-play

probably closer to a half-dozen

• Options
    Man you don't really see a lot of collect-a-thon 3D platformers anymore

I get that DK64 was a study in excess, but I miss Rare largely for Banjo and Conker more than anything else

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    the worst thing about getting older is you have to complain about getting older

ugh

broken image link
  • Options
    I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!