As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-Pax] The Third Annual (Except for that one year) Pre-PAX Breakfast!

KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry HippoVermontRegistered User regular
edited April 2014 in PAX East
Edit: Something has come up and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Boston on Wednesday as previously planned. If someone else is interested in taking the reigns on this, shoot me a PM (it's really not hard, just call Friendly Toast, let them know we'll be there, and get people together as they come in the door).

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Changed around some plans and I will now be able to make it. Just called friendly toast to let them know we'll be there!

We are happy to announce that we are now the official first stop of the Thursday MMT! Welcome MMT friends.

Welcome to the official thread of the third annual Pre-PAX breakfast!

Please feel free to join us! Posting here to let us know you'll be there is preferred but is by no means required.

When: 8:00am Thursday April 10th, 2014
Where: Friendly Toast in Cambridge.
Why: Because Breakfast is delicious.

Old OP:
Now that most of the attendees have their PAX badges, it's time to start gauging interest and get plans in motion.

For those not in the know, the pre-PAX breakfast is... well it's a breakfast before PAX (shocking right?). Whether you're in town early from a red eye flight the night before, enforcing, or a bum looking for some socialization, the pre-pax breakfast gives you an opportunity to hang out with your fellow paxers before the convention begins.

When: 8:00am Thursday April 10th, 2014
Where: Last year was at Friendly Toast in Cambridge. If you know of anyone else that can house us speak up!
Why: Because Breakfast is delicious.

If you are interested post bellow. Or if you have any suggestions on how to improve from last year let me know.

Note: We try to arrange this so that people are still able to attend Punzie's MMT, but I can't promise you won't get distracted and be late.

List of Amazing People:
* Myself +3
* TinTango
* Account4This (Tentative)
* Kythos
* The_Doctor1
* Malgaras (is a bum)
* Scottyb1218
* Temig
* Cardkid123 (Tentative)
* Khaytor
* bandersnee
* Halfdazedninja + 1
* Punzie
* Sobe253
* MMT Group (~30)

PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
Knoland on

• Options
    TinTangoTinTango Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Its my first pax in the usa, keen to come and meet people. Please put me down for brekkie!

TinTango on
  • Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Would love to attend but I will be coming into Boston around say 11am - 12pm.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I think I am similar ... brunch???? lol

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    best flight i can see arrives 9:00am

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    guess you should start looking at wednesday flights ;)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    ohhh you're funny .... I should see if Seaport has a Wed available to add to my ressie (darn it it does)... it's only money after all ... lol

aBByNormaL on
  • Options
    KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    I would be open to moving it later, but I don't want to make it too late and interfere with enforcer duties or the MMT.

• Options
    zombocomzombocom Registered User regular
    we're thinking we'll be joining up with the train alliance this year, first pax, and our first night at the hotel is thursday. no idea what the schedule for that is usually like, but if we're in boston by thursday morning, count us in

• Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    zombocom wrote: »
    we're thinking we'll be joining up with the train alliance this year, first pax, and our first night at the hotel is thursday. no idea what the schedule for that is usually like, but if we're in boston by thursday morning, count us in
    Depending on where you're coming from I think most trains arrive Thursday night (the Metal Gear Line arrives at 9pm and last year was Thursday so I assume will be the same this year). Not sure on the other trains, but I don't think most people go until Thursday.

*edited for crappy wording*

the_fuzzy_penguin on
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    I live in Boston, so it'd depend if I can get Thursday off work, but this sounds like an awesome idea (only my 2nd PAX, so still learning about all the attached community awesomeness)

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Wish I could go to this, but because of college I have to be in late Thursday night and out early Monday morning.

• Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I loved that place! Definitely wouldn't mind going there again.

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    Do not alter it on my account, if time allows once we are settled I will try but otherwise we will be at pre pax dinner

• Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    I am going to be in on Wednesday and do enjoy some breakfast. Count me in!

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    As an enforcer AND a bum, I'm doubly interested.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    100% interested. OM NOM NOM

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    I'm currently planning on getting in to town early to do Enforcer-esque duties, so I may very well join up for this. Most important meal of the day and whatnot.

JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Depending on when I get in I may be interested

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I had a great time last year! Count me in!

• Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    I missed this last year and if we're there earlier enough, I'd love to join. Making sure to have a good breakfast every day gave me a good supercharge to get the most out of PAX.

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    I missed this last year and if we're there earlier enough, I'd love to join. Making sure to have a good breakfast every day gave me a good supercharge to get the most out of PAX.

Last year we started around 8:30 and left around 10, but your more than welcome to duck out early (though we'll be sad).

• Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    Re-reading again I'm realizing that we *can* still make Punzie's MMT. I apparently need yet another cup of coffee. We're a tentative yes. :)

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    I would be interested in going. Is there a cut off time to commit to register or reserve for this?

• Options
    bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    I'm totally up for meeting up at the Friendly Toast again. I love that place. I'll be there.

• Options
    Ricin wrote: »
    I would be interested in going. Is there a cut off time to commit to register or reserve for this?

Nope, just show up if you're interested!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Put me down with a plus 1 possibly

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey breakfast people. Something has come up and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Boston on Wednesday as previously planned. :( If someone else is interested in taking the reigns on this, shoot me a PM (it's really not hard, just call Friendly Toast, let them know we'll be there, and get people together as they come in the door).

Knoland on
  • Options
    If no one can do it, let me know and I'll make the calls. :)

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I might show up. Who needs that extra sleep, right?

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    @Punzie, Sleep is for the weak :D. Plus, there's coffee.

• Options
    sobe253sobe253 Registered User regular
    I would like to join also if this is still going on. I arrive into Boston at 6:20 am Thursday morning and this would be perfect to do once I get off the plane

• Options
    So I'm thinking of just starting the MMT here Thursday morning. We won't have to leave until 10 for our first stop so this can be a pretty leisurely and social breakfast (as long as Friendly Toast is ok with us being there that long).

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They should be fine. I'll call them when I wake up tomorrow to give them a head's up. We're thinking about 40 people?
    10 PPB + 30 from the MMT?

Khaytor on
  • Options
    Khaytor wrote: »
    They should be fine. I'll call them when I wake up tomorrow to give them a head's up. We're thinking about 40 people?
    10 PPB + 30 from the MMT?

I'd say 40 will more than cover it. I usually have 25-30 ish Thursday morning and there's some crossover between who was already doing ppb and who was doing MMT.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    I will most likely be with the MMT tour :)

• Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    I like starting the MMT on Thursday here. My husband and I will be there.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    I gave them a heads-up for 40. I'll call Monday morning just to verify the manager got the message.

• Options
    Talked to a manager today, he seemed a little surprised at 40. I think they think it's a joke or something. Oh well, I gave them a head's up! :D

• Options
    HydrophobicFishHydrophobicFish Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I won't be able to attend this, but I just want to say: the food there is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

So, going to this, you won't be disappointed.

HydrophobicFish on
  • Options
    brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I am going to be there with khytor .... so I am an auto count.... but I dont seem to be on the amazing people list