As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't shop at Payless, you might get the cops called on you.

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    large.and.in.charge@payless.com

kQwcZLJ.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Top.baller@payless.shoes

8406wWN.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    topless@payless.rude

kQwcZLJ.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    (CEO first initial)(CEO last name)@payless.com

His administrative assistant probably screens his email though.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    The CEO? That seems a bit much.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dick.Swinglow@Payless.CEO

8406wWN.png
  • grizzlyaddamsgrizzlyaddams Registered User regular

And calling the cops on me wasn't a bit much?

I'm under the impression here that any local complaint will not result in satisfaction. As stated I spent many years in retail.

I'm sure my email will go ignored anyway even if I guessed correctly.

knitdan wrote: »
    (CEO first initial)(CEO last name)@payless.com

His administrative assistant probably screens his email though.

Bingo. Except I did first name instead of initial. I did not get a bounceback.

Look, straight up, those fat cats at Payless have had it too easy for far too long, and it takes the rebellious, carefree spirit of heroes like ol' Grizzly Bignuts here to take the fight right to the top. And how's he supposed to march against the tyranny of Big Shoes without the comfortable activewear and ankle support at every day low prices you can only find at outlets like Payless Shoes?

The game is rigged, man.

8406wWN.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    #OccupyPayless

YL9WnCY.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    You ever pull on a shoelace to see where it leads? This is a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top, my friend

uc3ufTB.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If I didn't shop at stores just because I might have the cops called on me, well, I wouldn't own very much stuff, let me tell you.

Look, straight up, those fat cats at Payless have had it too easy for far too long, and it takes the rebellious, carefree spirit of heroes like ol' Grizzly Bignuts here to take the fight right to the top. And how's he supposed to march against the tyranny of Big Shoes without the comfortable activewear and ankle support at every day low prices you can only find at outlets like Payless Shoes?

The game is rigged, man.

Despite your sarcasm, the worst part is I knew the shit was overpriced and under-quality but I was just going to buy them anyway because my kid needed them.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    But it's Payless.

Why didn't you just pay less?

It's right there in the name man.

Sarcasm?

8406wWN.png
    Are you saying not only they called the cops on you that they lie?

Rorus Raz wrote: »
    #OccupyPayless

I am literally picturing one of those ads you get tucked into newspapers, if they still made newspapers, that has a headline that just says #OccupyBargains and thinking "Yeah, I can see that happening".

8406wWN.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I buy all my shoes online because I've already been thrown out and banned from all shoe stores within a 50 mile radius.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I mean...the CEO probably doesn't have time to read his emails, and moreover, he probably doesn't give a shit. That's not among his responsibilities. There's like 20 layers of management between the district manager and the CEO, probably. You should start at the bottom before escalating.

I'm not trying to tell you that you don't have cause to be upset, because you do. But come on. You're being a little dramatic. If you really really really need to care about it this much, just call the manager when you can and straighten things out, and if they've got the thumb up their ass too, then call the district manager. And then the regional manager. And so on until somebody listens.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I say you go back and Pay Nothing

Obama is itching for war with France to possess their vast penny loafer mines.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    The actual man pacing at the back of the store was the Barefoot Bandit, hoping to disguise himself from the authorities by donning footwear but ending up hopelessly confused by the myriad selection.

#OccupyPayless
    I am literally picturing one of those ads you get tucked into newspapers, if they still made newspapers, that has a headline that just says #OccupyBargains and thinking "Yeah, I can see that happening".
    They still make newspapers, but now we call them hobo blankets.

Welcome to the new normal.

YL9WnCY.png
    You're sort of writing an email to Mr McDonalds because you had a shitty burger.

You'll have better luck finding their regional office, or calling a customer support line and having them connect you to a complaints line. A CEO might read it and then pass the buck on to some other poor schlub, but more likely he'll never see it and it's probably owned by some mega huge company that owns a couple hundred brands anyway.

Or you could just set fire to things, like a school or something, and blame it on shoes. That's a sound tactic that always works for me when I'm upset.

8406wWN.png
    One time, my dad took me to go see Apollo 13, and his friend drove us there. In a convertible. They wore jeans and casual shirts, I wore thin shorts and a T-shirt. I was freezing. I ended up huddling in the back seat, covered in newspaper. I was warm in that newspaper.

While in the movie theater I was too scared for Tom Hanks' life to care about being cold, and also the cruel injustice of forcing Lt. Dan to sit out the flight while they got Pvt. Hudson to take his place.

The moral of the story is that newspaper can actually save your life. Or Tom Hanks' life. Or maybe it was Ron Howard's career. I don't remember. It saved something.

I go for the old brick through the window. It's expensive to fix and can be a pain in the ass, especially if it's through the class door because they have to shut down the entrance for a time.

edited October 2013
    You're sort of writing an email to Mr McDonalds because you had a shitty burger.

You'll have better luck finding their regional office, or calling a customer support line and having them connect you to a complaints line. A CEO might read it and then pass the buck on to some other poor schlub, but more likely he'll never see it and it's probably owned by some mega huge company that owns a couple hundred brands anyway.

Or you could just set fire to things, like a school or something, and blame it on shoes. That's a sound tactic that always works for me when I'm upset.
    Mr McDonald?

Its more like ranting to random people at the bus stop about your shitty hamburger, never bothering to remember that its not the local Route 20 but a greyhound and the collection of misfit humans huddled under the streetlamp will never see you, or anyone you ever know, ever again, and they couldn't be asked to give a fuck for all the gold in Bob Barker's teeth.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    how much gold is there in Bob Barker's teeth

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular

It's more like writing an email to Mr. McDonalds because they kicked him out with the police.

If I had a nickel for every time that happened to me...

$1.30

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Spread the story on social media, if it goes viral, that's more damage than any CEO could do. Viral is the new nightmare for businesses

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Bob Barker has not had real teeth since 1977

YL9WnCY.png
    edited October 2013
    I mean...the CEO probably doesn't have time to read his emails, and moreover, he probably doesn't give a shit. That's not among his responsibilities. There's like 20 layers of management between the district manager and the CEO, probably. You should start at the bottom before escalating.

I'm not trying to tell you that you don't have cause to be upset, because you do. But come on. You're being a little dramatic. If you really really really need to care about it this much, just call the manager when you can and straighten things out, and if they've got the thumb up their ass too, then call the district manager. And then the regional manager. And so on until somebody listens.

But see, you've clearly stated the issue yourself. No one truly gives a fuck. So as long as I'm feeling displaced, I'm just going to throw my complaint everywhere and see what sticks.

The options I have now are a store manager who probably drools over the young girls anyway, and a customer support center trained to help with purchase problems.

I looked up the SM on LinkedIn. He certainly looks like someone who would diddle the babysitter, but I'm not gonna call the police to report a molester.

grizzlyaddams on
    who's the guy in charge of handing out nickels for stuff

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    You also live in frivolous lawsuit land, hit them with a defamation of character suit or something!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited October 2013
    Bob Barker has not had real teeth since 1977
    how much gold is there in Bob Barker's teeth
    THIRTY-SIX YEARS OF GOLD.

Volucrisus Aedrius on

If I had a nickel for everytime I didn't get my nickel...

Your two cents?

Bob "Gold Grill" Barker

YL9WnCY.png
    hey Rorus, tell Geth to make the Payless CEO read his email

Geth can do that, right