As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a FUCK YEAH Friday!

#pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odoursPope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
Guys it's almost the weekend!
Halloween is next week!
Living in the year 2013 is nice, way nicer than 1913!
It'll be Christmas soon! Secret Satans!
I am freely allowed to post on the internet!
I am not anticipating having to use my AK!
Things are pretty great!

Lemme hear what's making you say "Fuck Yeah!" today
fuck-yeah.png

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I am going to halloween party tonight

I couldn't think of a costume so I looked up tin foil hat on wikipedia and now I am going as the protagonist of Julian Huxley's short story "The Tissue-Culture King", first published in 1927

Just an even lazier version of the potato costume

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    things are pretty good now

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dave you are silly, it's 3:30 Saturday morning in your native state.

Nice graphic work, though.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I am going to halloween party tonight

I couldn't think of a costume so I looked up tin foil hat on wikipedia and now I am going as the protagonist of Julian Huxley's short story "The Tissue-Culture King", first published in 1927

Just an even lazier version of the potato costume

Keep the tinfoil hat, get a plain white t shirt and a sharpie

write "LIZARD OBAMA DID 9/11"

Conspiracy Theorist

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    my gf is working insane work hours at the moment and so I've been feelin pretty lonely when I'm around the apartment

but on the other hand, I just bought a 2DS and pokemon x

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm at disneyworld. Fuck yeh!

I've another interview when I get home. Fuck yeh!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah it's Friday and I'm going to Disney world.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I got hired at a job working with Marines again, didn't take a huge pay cut, it's an easy commute, and the paperwork is all done so I'm just waiting on the start date.

Fuck yeah.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @That Dave Fella and I are going to get married.

I just haven't told him yet.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I was disowned this morning by one of my more troublesome family members while I was in mandatory at-home recovery after a multiple organ infection. Apparently because said recovery occurred during a birthday party I wasn't invited to but was supposed to attend.

So, fuck yeah. Now I don't have to deal with that person anymore. Glass half full!

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    It's been exactly a year since my wife's neck operation and she's, for all intents and purposes, completely healed.

The Shockers made the Final 4, the Royals had a winning season, the Chiefs are 7-0, and the Bruins just beat the Sharks.

Got my 3-days for PAX East.

Gonna tag-team it on Minecraft with my son tonight.

Etouffee ingredients in the fridge, cookies in the jar.

Today is a good day.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I also have a halloween party tonight! I will be wearing my disco pants and vest with my discoball belt buckle. and I'm getting a haircut in a few hours

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    this is the best alt thread

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    It's been exactly a year since my wife's neck operation and she's, for all intents and purposes, completely healed.

The Shockers made the Final 4, the Royals had a winning season, the Chiefs are 7-0, and the Bruins just beat the Sharks.

Got my 3-days for PAX East.

Gonna tag-team it on Minecraft with my son tonight.

Etouffee ingredients in the fridge, cookies in the jar.

Today is a good day.

I'm glad your missus is doing well.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Today is my one day off this week, fuck yeah!

It also comes after two days spent in training at work which we do every six weeks. Things went great, we had to do our annual re-qualification of the physical agility test where we run 213 yards in 62.9 seconds or less while wearing full duty gear. I did it in 45 seconds which wasn't the best time but it was my best time and the first time I ran it and didn't literally worry I was going to drop dead. I also did really well at all the practice shooting we did afterwards and I feel like I've improved a lot in recent months compared to the first six or seven years I've been working here.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I got paid today, and I'm gonna go play some nerd games at the local game shop tonight

fuck yeah

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    this is the best alt thread

I don't know when you became Brolo, but I will now bow to your will and respect you as the once and future king of the Bros.

• Options
    I'm glad your missus is doing well.

She's still a little bummed that she's banned from ever getting on a trampoline or skates again, but she figures it's a small price to be healthy and pain-free.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    My girlfriend's contract runs out at her job in December

She works in HR at the University of British Columbia (a very big college) and was worried for a long time that she wouldn't be able to find a replacement job internally and she'd spend months looking for something without an income.

Last week a friend of hers within the university sent out a facebook message that a job was open in her department which wasn't having many applicants and if anyone knows anybody qualified.

My GF was like "I'm totally qualified" and her friend immediately called her and set up a meeting about it. They discussed what the job entailed (Managing a small team of HR people in a large, but specific area of the University) and they agreed that, even though my GF doesn't have any formal HR training, or formal managerial experience, that because she was so great at her current job and knows UBC's system so thoroughly, she could do this job with her eyes closed.

Applications closed today. There's one other internal applicant and only 2 or 3 qualified external applicants and her friend is on the interview committee and says she's got a pretty good chance! It would be a BIG salary increase, and a real boost to her resume.

FUCK YEAH

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I had a week to design and write an entire undergraduate course on sensors and actuators from scratch, and do the component CAD designs and illustrations, and put together a powerpoint and a on-robot demonstration module. And I did it, and finished it, and now I have a week off in spain.

fuck ... yeah?

mostly I'm just tired.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I get to ride my motorcycle to work! Fuck yeah! (I mean I do this every day anyways but still)

It's Friday! Fuck yeah!

I am going on a drunken hay maze adventure with @DE?AD tonight! Fuck yeah!

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I was selected to be the supervisor for second shift of my department next week. I'm all kinds of nervous/excited.

Finally a real chance to get my name out there for evals at this shore duty.

Fuck yeah.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I have a date tomorrow! :D

• Options
    Next friday is going to be the real fuck yeah friday, though

It's November 1st. The start of the best month.

And we're moving to a new apartment that doesn't have a huge gaping hole in the bathroom ceiling

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I had a week to design and write an entire undergraduate course on sensors and actuators from scratch, and do the component CAD designs and illustrations, and put together a powerpoint and a on-robot demonstration module. And I did it, and finished it, and now I have a week off in spain.

fuck ... yeah?

mostly I'm just tired.

Arduinos kick ass, don't they? ;)

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Mysterious FoxMysterious Fox Registered User regular
    I'm getting a tattoo in a few hours!

• Options

fuck ... yeah?

mostly I'm just tired.

yes, but I have no idea why that's relevant.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey, someone that loves you and cares for you lives in that hole. Please bring him with you and give him a new giant, gaping bathroom ceiling hole to live in.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    It's Friday, quiet, and I'm alone in the office, enjoying a Baby Ruth and a cup of coffee.

Oh, and it was so serine outside while I was waiting for the bus. What a wonderful Autumn afternoon. 8->

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

wkgvI2F.jpg

????

• Options

A wild-ass guess that you used one to set up your demos. My mistake. Carry on.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Today's been a good Friday so far. Took a friend to finish the paperwork for a loan, then to the car dealership to finish up the paperwork for his new truck. Then we had breakfast and my wife met us there and now she's napping and I'm listening to this song clip over and over and over and over

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    It's my birthday tomorrow and I just got my Pacific Blu-Ray pack!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just found out I will soon have the pleasure of working an extra 2.5 hours a week, which amounts to a 7% pay decrease.

Fuck yeah!

• Options

oh, heh! a perfectly reasonable assumption! but no. Sorry you freaked me out because I was thinking 'oh man maybe I should have done more with sensor integration on microprocessors ... but wait this was for a first year class ..."

our robots are a little different. Here's one we just installed a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQ6KtdQ8P8

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i got an A on a really important exam, took second place on an important group presentation and afterwards the teacher pulled me aside and told me i was the best speaker there and that he'd keep me informed of 'opportunities', made out with this girl on my bed, played pokemon, and now i'm going to disney world

good day

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

oh, heh! a perfectly reasonable assumption! but no. Sorry you freaked me out because I was thinking 'oh man maybe I should have done more with sensor integration on microprocessors ... but wait this was for a first year class ..."

our robots are a little different. Here's one we just installed a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQ6KtdQ8P8

Wait, so I can't even fuck it? What kind of bullshit robots are y'all wasting y'alls time on?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Oh, a package? It looks pretty large.
    bih7.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder what's inside?
    2h84.jpg

Fuck. Yeah.
    dbkb.jpg

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.