As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a FUCK YEAH Friday!

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Dude

Dude

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend went into Wal-Mart for a job interview for a shitty mininum wage job, instead they hired her as a full time cake decorator because one of theirs put her retirement in today.

Which is the craziest coincidence ever.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man, I'm still kicking myself for not getting that minifig scale Millennium Falcon years back

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I have several pages of homework to do, while battling my ADHD this weekend. Oh, whoops, wrong thread.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Also:

A) Long Weekend

B) Party

c)
    SON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY SATURDAY*

*today

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Got a 90% on my first clinical case study of the semester. We were told not to feel bad if we got 60 or 70% on the first one as that is typical.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    I saw a guy dressed up as a yeti take off his mask and puke into it last night

Not so cool for him but it feels nice to not be that person sometimes

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fuck this, I'm giving up and getting drunk.

Fuck off and die.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

Always the right answer.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    FloPAX is this weekend. Fuck Yeah.

sig.gif
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Turned in a paper that's been stressing me out.

Fuck yeah

Gotta work tonight.

Eh. I'll take it.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    man, I'm still kicking myself for not getting that minifig scale Millennium Falcon years back

To be honest, my favourite ever model was this one.

I mean, just look at it.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Friday is beer night with a good friend of mine

she's in a rough patch for romantic reasons and she's gotta vent about shit

and this maybe isn't a FUCK YEAH sort of thing, because, hey, I'd prefer everything's jake for my chums, but I like to be helpful

if having some beers with a friend is helpful

you'd better believe I'll drink to that

Shorty on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

!

no jury would convict me

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    All that means is they have to re-assemble the models?

What's the big deal?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Fishman wrote: »
    Oh, a package? It looks pretty large.

Fuck. Yeah.
    dbkb.jpg

Saw this in a shop. Got pretty excited. Saw the pricetag. Nearly messed my pants.

$700.

Thankfully it's only $400 on Amazon.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

!

no jury would convict me

That's because you can't have a murder trial without a body.

And I don't have any idea where that body could have ...

*BUUUUUURRRP*

... excuse me, big lunch today.

As I was saying, I have no idea where that body could be.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Also, last minute planning session with @Yukira on my phone, looks like I'll be taking an emergency decompression weekend in San Antonio.

Got a 10-year-old single malt at the store, gonna introduce him to the addiction that is scotch whiskey.

As I understand it, we also might be wrangling up two other folks, the gentlemen known as @Tam and @Dead Legend.

Emergency decompression commences tomorrow morning; doctor's orders; you see.

Fuck.

Yeah.

What's the big deal?

1) there's a good chance some of the pieces were bent to such a degree they'll no longer fit together properly

2) here's hoping you're actually able to find all of them

3) when you build a Lego model, it's done in a pretty specific order, and when parts of it get knocked off like that it can be really hard to figure out where everything is supposed to go

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

I have the super star destroyer. really fun to build.
    Don't think the death star is worth it though
    wish they still sold the death star 2 collectors edition, looked so much more awesome

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

What's the big deal?

1) there's a good chance some of the pieces were bent to such a degree they'll no longer fit together properly

2) here's hoping you're actually able to find all of them

3) when you build a Lego model, it's done in a pretty specific order, and when parts of it get knocked off like that it can be really hard to figure out where everything is supposed to go

Yeah you'd pretty much be starting from scratch and that piece has ... *google* ... 3000 pieces. So yeah.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be a pirate tomorrow!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    enjoying some new tea right now!

UuUA8Mr.jpg

delicious!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Also, last minute planning session with @Yukira on my phone, looks like I'll be taking an emergency decompression weekend in San Antonio.

Got a 10-year-old single malt at the store, gonna introduce him to the addiction that is scotch whiskey.

As I understand it, we also might be wrangling up two other folks, the gentlemen known as @Tam and @Dead Legend.

Fuck.

Yeah.

Tam yes. DL's gotta lift, bro.

edited October 2013
    Because more people need to see how awesome this model is. you're going to have so much fun fishman
    Psykoma wrote: »
    soooooo

Total build time: around 8 hours
    Stage 6 - Vessel is operational
    1393722_10153438582885294_1705675295_n2_zpsa57a9ed8.jpg

Psykoma on
    TheStig wrote: »

Always the right answer.

Let it be known, the Penny Arcade Social Entropy++ forum is alright by me.

Fuck off and die.
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    tynic wrote: »
    WuShock wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    WuShock wrote: »
    Arduinos kick ass, don't they? ;)

yes, but I have no idea why that's relevant.

A wild-ass guess that you used one to set up your demos. My mistake. Carry on.

oh, heh! a perfectly reasonable assumption! but no. Sorry you freaked me out because I was thinking 'oh man maybe I should have done more with sensor integration on microprocessors ... but wait this was for a first year class ..."

our robots are a little different. Here's one we just installed a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQ6KtdQ8P8

Well played, Oxford. Well played.
    Arduinos are still good for hands-on learning.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

Fuck.

Yeah.

Yukira is good people

As is Tam

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    I let my girlfriend talk me into buying gin instead of scotch at the Airport. They didn't have my brands, so I said ok. Kinda regretting that decision right now.

Fuck off and die.
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    my brother says that gin "tastes like christmas"
    I think maybe he used to drink the stagnant water out of the tree stand

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I let my girlfriend talk me into buying gin instead of scotch at the Airport. They didn't have my brands, so I said ok. Kinda regretting that decision right now.

milk_cheese_zps3218e6d4.jpg

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Nov 22 is my and my wife's anniversary - not our wedding anniversary, our real one

And Zelda comes out that day

We're gonna have us a nice day

dN0T6ur.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It's Saturday morning here, but yesterday was a pretty fuck yeah day for me.

I got to work at elementary instead of my regular jr. high school. I exclusively taught the 1st and 2nd graders and they are just so damn cute! Any day that I get paid to make animal noises with and dance with adorable little kids is a good day. After that I went to the gym, bumped the weight up on most of my exercises and went to town, it was a really good workout. And then afterwards I met up with some friends and played boardgames for the first time in like a month (I don't even care that I lost, it was just nice to play again) and for dinner we made spaghetti and garlic bread, which is quite the treat out here in Japan, let me tell you. So Friday was a pretty fucking awesome day.

But. This Saturday morning. I should be asleep. But nope, work today. Got to prepare for the cultural fest on Sunday. So I have work on Sunday too. So this is not ideal. But, when I get off work today I have beer in my fridge waiting for me. I think I will put on some Samurai Jack and play some Pokemon. So really, it ain't all that bad at all.

edited October 2013
    Maximum wrote: »

I don't wanna be mean. I want to be brooding and rueful. Obviously, the peat and smoke of Islay is the answer here.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    i have no plans, but i am listening to ridiculous music
    (warning: autoplay)
    http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/u51zd3dGu8d/

ie listening to music is always fuck yeah
    ... and in that quick edit, the cat chose that moment to vomit. :(

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
    Its Friday night, I'm at a pub enjoying some cider, sitting at the bar.

Playing pokemon.

Go me

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I genuinely enjoy gin and everyone thinks it's an affectation because no one else likes it

Bourbon is the light though, G&Ts are just for emergencies

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    Like, straight gin? What kinds are good?

Fuck off and die.
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't mind gin if it's mixed. Straight though? No way, I don't know anyone that likes that. Tanqueray is the only brand I've ever had and it was fine. Although, I've always wanted to try Beefeater because it has a funny name.