As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Major life decision: X or Y

DrezDrez Registered User regular
The last Pokemon game I played was Red.

I'm thinking of getting X or Y but I'm not sure which.

Let's assume I will never admit to any of my non-internet peers that I am playing Pokemon and thus will not have any direct "trading" or any other kind of multiplayer besides random, anonymous Streetpassing in public places: a bathroom stall here, the alley behind an Olive Garden there...

Knowing all that: Which version should I get?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2013
    X, because it has the best mega evolutions.

Also there's a huge thread in G&T about Pokemon where you can find people to play with multiplayer-wise.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thanks

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    Y.

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Y.

WHY

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Both are pretty much the same. I chose X because I like the deer legendary.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Y.

WHY
    f39OawT.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    IntetIntet Registered User regular
    Below is a spoiler of the actual version differences. Pick whichever you think has the cooler Pokémon!
    EqSOhxm.jpg

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    The online component has made the above image irrelevant. You can easily trade for any of the version exclusives you don't have for the ones you do, and for some reason people are even trading the version exclusive legendary for breedable starters.

That said you should get Y because world destroying chaos bird is a lot cooler than Fairy deer guy.

• Options
    Ryan.GomezRyan.Gomez Video Marketing Consultant MontgomeryRegistered User new member
    I would definitely recommend "Y"...

Ryan Gomez
    Video Marketing Consultant
    My Website