As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QI - fuck you Rory Mcgrath

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I liked how QI in its first season or two mixed in some non-comedians, like Gyles Brandreth, the ex-MP with an eerie knowledge of everything

It wasn't noticeably less funny, it was sometimes more interesting, it gave the comedians a straight man to play off of and perhaps most importantly it leavened the clubhouse sensation of these panel shows all having the same roster of guests

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Trawling through related QI bits and bobs and David Mitchell videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwGdYUspgjY

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    well if we're posting WILTY then let's skip right to the best one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zroqfea2psY

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Every time I watch a QI episode, I think, "There's no way they'd get away with that theme music in America."

I mean, I think it's fine but you just know that if they did a US version, it'd be some kind of silly dramatic actiony music.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    it's composed by howard goodall, who has made some cool documentaries for channel 4 on music history. Except for the one on christmas carols which was boring

FAQ on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    bill bailey is my spirit animal

I saw him in plymouth a few years ago and was delighted to be chosen to explain that whelks have the largest genitals relative to body size of any creature

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    it's composed by howard goodall, who has made some cool documentaries for channel 4 on music history. Except for the one on christmas carols which was boring

And who was on an early season of QI, and who was indeed quite interesting if I recall correctly

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Has anyone posted the stuff with Brian Blessed?

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    the bit about the yeti? not yet(i)
    I am so sorry

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Uh that's not how his name is spelled
    BRIAN BLESSED

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    Uh that's not how his name is spelled
    BRIAN BLESSED
    HUH HUH HUH HUH

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I was going to say something about being wary of the accuracy of some of the facts on the show (especially the older episodes) but the most recent one has a bit about exactly that

• Options
    edited October 2013
    and Alan Davies got some much needed points back for that!

btw I love the bit in the Making of QI part where he realized around series 3 or so what his part was and then refused to play along for a bit. then he said fine, I'll be that guy and please keep sending me checks and I'll just have a good time thank you very much.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    To be fair, every guest star on Extras was amazing.

I should have known that the rank, unapologetic Britishness of this thread would be enough to draw you out of the woodworks.

*tips beer at slight angle*

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    How did I forget this one

This one is the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prEXdN0fBZo

• Options
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    pig eyed sack of shit is my favorite clip

I really liked the episode this clip is from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM52hmBZgzw

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Somehow, most of the time when they end up making dirty jokes, they don't sound as salacious on this show.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    And I just realised there may have been moments in my life where I watched something where I thought Rob Brydon was in it but it was actually Ben Miller.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah they do tend to have some history facts which while not made up are sort of the craziest possible interpretations put forward, presented as complete fact. But they often end up correcting themselves down the road, and the mess ups are never of the purposefully harmful sort, so eh

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Can't believe this one isn't already posted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORoTCBrCKIQ

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Oh yeah! That one breaks my brain

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    PUT SMARTIES TUBES ON CATS LEGS

MAKE THEM WALK LIKE A ROBOT

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Oh yeah! That one breaks my brain

this time! outside outside!

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The trick with the Queen on the note isn't quite as good as the trick we do with her on the $5 note we have in Australia. You fold in the right way and she turns into a whale sucking a dick.

Not even kidding.
    3drfH.jpg

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I don't...

see

wait...

OH MY GOD!

• Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    I can only watch the QI XL repeats.

half an hour of qi just isn't enough for me anymore, I need that extra 15 minutes

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    David Mitchell is the best

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Really, the best parts of QI are the ones where people are rationally or irrationally angry at the show.

"It's there!"

"Not there. Miraaage."

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Really, the best parts of QI are the ones where people are rationally or irrationally angry at the show.

"It's there!"

"Not there. Miraaage."

That Phil Jupitus meltdown, and anytime anyone argues with the klaxons are the best,

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    on like page 1

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    The more I watch QI the less it becomes a panel show and more a classroom with the comedians a bunch of rowdy teens and fry as their bemused and sometimes reluctant teacher

• Options
    As much as I love the Acropolis clip and it will never not bring me to tears from laughter, I have to say that I am always incredibly delighted by Rob's "It's not four, it's three" joke.

Every time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    David Mitchell is the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDjaQNiTog

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    And I absolutely love the way Stephen rolls his Rs.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    As much as I love the Acropolis clip and it will never not bring me to tears from laughter, I have to say that I am always incredibly delighted by Rob's "It's not four, it's three" joke.

Every time.

yeah that's actually really good

I'm pretty impressed that he was able to come up with it so quickly

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    What I love about the Parthenon segment is that it was so blatantly designed to mess with David Mitchell but Johnny Vegas took the bait instead.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Stephen Fry: the best?
    Yes.

Agreed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdGwfMD8u8

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204