As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Decaying slowly from the brain down.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Beasteh wrote: »
    lou reed died today

so, that sucks

So the last thing he did was a collaboration with Metallica that almost no-one enjoyed.

How very Loud Reed.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Caedere wrote: »
    Oh shiiiiiit

I just realized

I think a LARGE part of what makes people look aged and shit is smoking

None of the people I know who abstain from smoking look "old", and pretty much everyone I know who does does

Noooooooo shit

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    In other news, water still wet, sky observed to be blue

easysig2.jpg
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    lou reed died today

so, that sucks

So the last thing he did was a collaboration with Metallica that almost no-one enjoyed.

How very Loud Reed.

: /

WheatBun01 on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I am not turning 30 next year

Nope

Not happening

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    lou reed died today

so, that sucks

How very Loud Reed.

Metallica enjoyed thinking they were relevant enough to play with someone who has talent

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    lou reed died today

so, that sucks

whoa dang

gonna be honest, I thought he had already died for some reason

shit still sucks

The Boy and I were talking about Lou Reed last week and I said "is he still alive?" and we checked. Today I got a text from Boy saying "you know that conversation we had about Lou Reed..." D:

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure I have some form of autism or social disorder. It is difficult to describe exactly how it affects me but I have had to learn how to act like people. In elementary school I realized it but it was not until middle and high school it really became an issue since that is when subtlety and nuance enter social interaction. I am incredibly good at judging how a person is feeling and can read facial expressions very well. Which is about the opposite of autism I know. But I often hurt people feelings by saying things in a way that would not hurt my feelings. I am constantly surprised at how other people react to what people say. I am way better at guessing now then when I was little but I still screw it up and get weird looks. Maybe in other ten years I will have perfected it.

The worst thing about aging for me is realizing I have some form of bipolar disorder. Mainly due to it being markedly worse in a very short time leading me to seek medical help. The medication helps a ton but it still sucks trying to second guess how I feel everyday.

On the plus side I am pretty sure I have the kind of looks that will improve as I age so yay me lol.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of grey hairs and my fingers take longer to recover after practice or a gig. Also I can't eat red bell peppers without burping red pepper flavored burps for HOURS.

brDe918.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    i still get hella carded for looking young but yeah, smoking makes it seem as though certain veins on my head just pulse out comically

yeah, i wholeheartedly suggest going to a nicotine gum or patch if youve been smoking a ballpark 5 years or so like me, i been off it for a month and while i always get the urge i dont have that goofy MUST HAVE IT sensation

your mileage may vary but whew cold turkey just kinda blows. its a serious ass addiction and i feel should be treated as such

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im actually growing my beard out because fuck people saying 'shit you're 28? you look 18'

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    People can never decide how old I am

I get mistaken for being 18 years old and sometimes people think I'm like 27 or something

it's weird

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I've bought alcoholic beverages without being carded, and I've had people ask to see my ID to buy rated M video games within like, the same week.

I seriously should be carded because I got super baby face but it was still weird.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I got carded when I bought GTAV.

Which was just awkward, considering I had a beard and was dressed in my work clothes at the time.

During work hours.

In an area fairly exclusively full of adults.

Veldrin on
    Veldrin wrote: »

Which was just awkward, considering I had a beard and was dressed in my work clothes at the time.

During work hours.

I just assume all adults are two kids standing on top of one another

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiiiit

I just realized

I think a LARGE part of what makes people look aged and shit is smoking

None of the people I know who abstain from smoking look "old", and pretty much everyone I know who does does

This would be because smoking destroys collagen and elastin which hold skin cells together, so you get saggy old person skin early.

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    It's true I've been smoking so long I look like a ballsack

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    bawbag

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    my mother was my sister's maid of honor at her wedding and people thought they were sisters. it's the denise austin effect, how is that woman over 50?

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Swill wrote: »
    It's true I've been smoking so long I look like a ballsack

Hawt

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    People can never decide how old I am

I get mistaken for being 18 years old and sometimes people think I'm like 27 or something

it's weird

Japanese people tend to be about as bad on average at guessing white people's ages as we are at guessing Japanese ages.

So, I ask a foreigner and they usually ball park me at 24 or so.

I ask a Japanese person and they usually ball park me at 35 or 37.

I'm 26, so the first time someone guessed me at being 37 I just about spit out my drink, but now I am used to it.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Decaying brain? Yeah I have one of those! I've got the hospital bills to prove it! :P

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Wishing my brain problems could just be turned off. It makes maintaining my social and romantic lives nearly impossible.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have the opposite problem lots of people have about sleep. I can fall asleep sure, but then I wake up at fucking 5:00 and can't fall asleep again and spend the rest of the day miserable and exhausted. this happens pretty much every monday and tuesday, and sometimes other days.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

During work hours.

Nice try, kid! You thought you'd get one over on us but we got ya!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Everyone who claims to have owned an N64 as a child must prove it

Let us see your hands

Anyone without a circular scar in the middle of their palm is a filthy liar.

I wish I could find that old blockbuster commercial, with a few kids at gym class sitting on the bleachers and comparing thumb damage from playing excessively long.

The "Best" kid just does two thumbs up, with his thumbs all massively oversized from swelling, throbbing horribly, and he goes

"FIVE. DAYS. STRAIGHT."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Everyone who claims to have owned an N64 as a child must prove it

Let us see your hands

Anyone without a circular scar in the middle of their palm is a filthy liar.

I wish I could find that old blockbuster commercial, with a few kids at gym class sitting on the bleachers and comparing thumb damage from playing excessively long.

The "Best" kid just does two thumbs up, with his thumbs all massively oversized from swelling, throbbing horribly, and he goes

"FIVE. DAYS. STRAIGHT."

I remember this one
    it was pretty gross

edited October 2013
    pimento wrote: »
    I own one, but I never played Mario Party, so no scar. I did wear my thumb smooth during marathon Goldeneye sessions a few times though.
    That is acceptable

Seriously, though, about getting older... I am in better shape - mentally, emotionally, and physically than I was 10 years ago.

I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, I'm in an amazing relationship, and... hell, I even look younger than I did when I was 20

Fuck, guys, I think I'm doing this "getting old" thing backwards

EDIT: Oh, also, I think the music nowadays is a million times better than what I used to listen to

I think this is reverse angry old person syndrome?

All

"FUCKING KIDS YOU GOT AWESOME MUSIC.

'BACK IN MY DAY MUSIC WAS SHIT"

I remember my dad, back in the day, being a giant grump at me listening to music with heavy beats in it, and he'd be yelling all "WHAT IS THAT THUMPIN' SHIT!? THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. THAT AIN'T MUSIC!"

Mind you, he is way old school country, and more than once as a kid I had to listen to him blaring crap like "The Whiskey ain't Workin' Anymore" through the entire house.

If there is a hell and my dad ends up there, I hope his eternity is being strapped to a chair, forced to listen to nothing but Skrillex until the end of time.

Goatmon on

IpseDixit wrote: »
    I am not turning 30 next year

Nope

Not happening

It's cool, ID.

You can come hang with me.

We can go to the mall and yell at teenagers about their everything.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Hey. Whoa. Marty Stuart ain't crap!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited October 2013
    It is when your jackass dad is singing along with it.

Goatmon on

Jars wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem lots of people have about sleep. I can fall asleep sure, but then I wake up at fucking 5:00 and can't fall asleep again and spend the rest of the day miserable and exhausted. this happens pretty much every monday and tuesday, and sometimes other days.

Replace 5 am with 6 am and you've got me.

I've just learned to love early bed times, power naps, and delicious delicious coffee.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    pimento wrote: »
    I own one, but I never played Mario Party, so no scar. I did wear my thumb smooth during marathon Goldeneye sessions a few times though.
    That is acceptable

Seriously, though, about getting older... I am in better shape - mentally, emotionally, and physically than I was 10 years ago.

I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, I'm in an amazing relationship, and... hell, I even look younger than I did when I was 20

Fuck, guys, I think I'm doing this "getting old" thing backwards

EDIT: Oh, also, I think the music nowadays is a million times better than what I used to listen to

I think this is reverse angry old person syndrome?

All

"FUCKING KIDS YOU GOT AWESOME MUSIC.

'BACK IN MY DAY MUSIC WAS SHIT"

I remember my dad, back in the day, being a giant grump at me listening to music with heavy beats in it, and he'd be yelling all "WHAT IS THAT THUMPIN' SHIT!? THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. THAT AIN'T MUSIC!"

Mind you, he is way old school country, and more than once as a kid I had to listen to him blaring crap like "The Whiskey ain't Workin' Anymore" through the entire house.

If there is a hell and my dad ends up there, I hope his eternity is being strapped to a chair, forced to listen to nothing but Skrillex until the end of time.

Skrillex? Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

NO CHRIS WHY

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    my right shoulder is slowly becoming more and more fucked, my arthritis in my knees is getting bad (although the losing weight is helping) and the plantar fascitis is just killer.

In that, I am becoming my mother. My feet will be the worst part of my life.

But I'm 32 and haven't had breast cancer yet, so that sets me apart. Although at this point in time I'm more just waiting for that shoe to drop. Cause it's going to happen. I just kinda hope I have kids before hand. Although I was bottle-fed and came out fine.

I think for me the hardest part is knowing that the babies that I changed diapers for and taught to walk and taught their alphabets are now all not only driving, but legal drinking age and have kids.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Yea, Skrillex can be mixed into other things to make good music. That stuff there just.. has nothing redeemable about it.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    That second man seems to be aware that the music is bad and is doing his best to drown it out by vomiting/screeching over the top, sadly he just wasn't loud enough.

Skrillex and dubstep in general makes great background music for high energy stuff, like playing FPS games.

I don't really dig it for active listening music though. It gets samey really fast.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Anyone who uses "back in the day" or "in my day" is automatically certified as old.

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Anyone who uses "back in the day" or "in my day" is automatically certified as old.

Oh .... oh : (