As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can has Post-Pax Afterparty Sunday?

• the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    Sounds like a ton of fun! I could probably talk my group into going before/after Fire & Ice that night.

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    I would also like something slanted a little more towards a gathering than a full-on party. I do think good food, drink, and games could be combined to find a happy medium between the two. If it's somewhere with other diversions such as pool, bowling, etc., then there would just be more fun stuff to do. Mostly, I'm just not interested in anything that combines obnoxious, loud music and drunken idiots in any form.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    I will have a 13 year old with me, so I am interested in the lower key event as well. Good food, company and yes drink (but not drunk). Games in whatever form would be welcome. Company most important !!!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    I know there's usually a bunch of people chilling in the Westin PAX Sunday night every year playing games, trading pins, being responsible with their drinking. If you want something low key, there's that.

As for an after party, there's been various ones throughout Boston for the last 2 years.

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    I know there's usually a bunch of people chilling in the Westin PAX Sunday night every year playing games, trading pins, being responsible with their drinking. If you want something low key, there's that.

As for an after party, there's been various ones throughout Boston for the last 2 years.

That's great. Now we're at least thinking about trying to do something a little more organized that incorporates some of all of that. :-)

At least in my experience, drinking responsibly (maybe even mildly irresponsibly) doesn't have to mean low-key. There are ways to have a good time without having to get wasted. Besides, most people would be traveling on Monday, so hangovers would seem to be a rather poor idea.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    I'd go, but I leave Sunday at 2:00 am... :\

it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    If there is underage involved then wouldn't there be a time limit on how long they can be out?

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    I'd go, but I leave Sunday at 2:00 am... :\

So what you're saying is you have a good 5-7 hrs to party :)

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Just extended my stay for PAX! I am interested in attending something on Sunday night

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Rock BottomRock Bottom Registered User regular
    My group of friends and me will be staying until Monday I think.. so anything happening let us know !

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Personally I like to have fun, get drunk (to a certain point), and play some video games. Anyone know any bars with that?

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    You know I'm down for it Mig.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Ok so it sounds like there's def some interest. Now to get an approximation of volume.
    I'll post a survey here later tonight.

I know it won't be anywhere near as exact but at least we'll know if there's 3 thousand of y'all or maybe less.
    Survey will also ask about the type of event you'd be looking for, alcohol, cover charge, etc..

ed: ugh, survey will have to go up tomorrow. gotta hit the hay right now
    >.<'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Personally I like to have fun, get drunk (to a certain point), and play some video games. Anyone know any bars with that?

Only place i know that has all 3 its D&B in Braintree

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
    A MUCH better version of D&B used to be Jillians, but that's across town. I say used to be, since we used to love going there in college. The bottom floor is a dance floor which we avoided like the plague, the second floor was a giant arcade (this is the part which looks like might have been at least partially taken over by bowling), and the top floor was pool tables and things like that. It was great stuff all around.

• knskns Software Designer Halifax, CanadaRegistered User new member
    Me and my homies will be in town until Monday as well, so this sounds like a great start to a plan for Sunday night!

• TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    Hmm. Playing Resistance or Cards Against Humanity with random people recooping from PAX while watching Game of Thrones (since it will be Sunday night and all). Sounds like a plan.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Picking up Redshirts to bring along ... looks like a fun twist on the whole Star Trek red shirt crew member thing ... object - kill off your all red shirts first ... it is deck based game but should be good for a few laughs.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    Post PAX Party Survey is up!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VD7dMoArc6SJo-0vxKpEyPJoSYbavFuyVMT-b5ckbEU/viewform

added to OP

Also, if you know people that are going to PAX that aren't on the forums, spread the link (FB, twitter, etc.)
    go go go!

might post this on reddit if there's a PAX subred

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    The survey's been out for a few weeks. Only have a few responses so far, so maybe it's a matter of bumping the thread, as well as the big drive of forum activity not picking up real momentum until closer to the event.

So, will leave this out for the time being and will post some preliminary results in a week or so.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, there's a huge holiday lull in the pax east forums from mid november until mid january. I wouldn't expect lots of activity.

• Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    If this comes to be, I can provide a large sized projection screen and high lumens projector at no cost for the event.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    yeah this sounds like something i might be interested in, im local but im not sure if i'll drive into boston or just get droped off / use the train and if thats the case i'll be stuck with luggage

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    edited December 2013
    Here are the results so far, provided by your friendly neighborhood multinational Pacman family.

xMYFmFi.png
    6cFZupM.png

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Schmulki wrote: »
    A MUCH better version of D&B used to be Jillians, but that's across town. I say used to be, since we used to love going there in college. The bottom floor is a dance floor which we avoided like the plague, the second floor was a giant arcade (this is the part which looks like might have been at least partially taken over by bowling), and the top floor was pool tables and things like that. It was great stuff all around.

Jillians is now 2nd floor pool tables and 3rd floor bowling, no video games that I saw at last years Turbine Party hosted there.

Looks like we've had a couple more survey answers in the new year.

Soon.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I want to attend and I will answer your survey right now!

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    Survey done, now looking forward to an awesome way to end a phenomenal weekend!

pPEuM8J.png
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Jillians is now 2nd floor pool tables and 3rd floor bowling, no video games that I saw at last years Turbine Party hosted there.

Well, that's just sad. Used to love that second floor arcade :(

• MordegaldMordegald Registered User regular
    I'm down. Drinks and games with some PAX people sounds like a good time to me.

We had 46 answers back in December.

Now we're up to 72!

Hmmmmm.... the next step would be to start seeing who might be able to help put something together...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I'm working on a massive, massive Sunday evening boardgame night at the Westin - much like the Thursday evening one. Nothing is definitive yet, but we should know in the next few weeks if it will be happening.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    That sounds awesome.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    What kind of board games do people usually play?

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm working on a massive, massive Sunday evening boardgame night at the Westin
    So glad we're staying until Monday this year, especially if this comes together :)

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • wreckeurwreckeur Registered User regular
    So long as it's all ages, I think I could convince my sprog to go. We're local so we'll be around. This is our second PAX and since we were boxed out on attending two days this year due to the ridiculously fast sell out, we're looking to cram as much fun as possible into Sunday.

BUBBApax wrote: »
    What kind of board games do people usually play?

If it's anything like the Thursday pre-pax one they're putting together, you can see all the deets here. It sounds uber baller mode extreme 9,000

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/186127/those-nutty-boardgames-are-at-it-again-pre-pax-boardgame-night#latest

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    hello world!

Last year, we ended up going to the Frontalot/Protomen concert Sunday night. I'd probably go again, if they plan something similar, but I think a comfortable gathering like this would be better to decompress for the long ride home Monday morning! If it's a copy of the Thursday board games, even better!

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I'm working on a massive, massive Sunday evening boardgame night at the Westin - much like the Thursday evening one. Nothing is definitive yet, but we should know in the next few weeks if it will be happening.

Awesome! To me, this is the perfect after-party. I will definitely be there! And I will probably have purchased a few new games to play!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    So the Sunday Boardgame event is a go. It's a good all-ages event to take your spawn to. Expect it to be bigger than the Thursday event.

However, if you're looking for a "proper" party with dancing and music and schtups, boardgames are prolly not going to scratch that itch.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.