As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Bert Grenson Wise, Stubborn, Uncaring, asleep
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥

▥▥▥
    i]Stubborn Defiance[/i, ????, ????

Berts been the janitor as long as anyone can remember. No matter where people go he seems to be the one doin the cleaning. He is a plain man of plain personality. Likes to bowl on the weekends.

Starting at the theater. Is the allys and enemies thing not a part of the game anymore?

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Nah. I've decided to let the allies/enemies thing just be a natural thing you can acquire through role-playing, not a mechanics thing.

Dammit. I was going to have my Ally be the libraries Roomba and my enemy be black mold

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I hope this doesn't come across as shitty but I'm glad someone finally decided to shoot the damn robot

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Wait, that's the robot? I thought Grant was walking in front?

Are you shooting me marsh?

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    It's unintentionally ambiguous! You a gambling man, Cheese?

edited October 2013
    Haha, yes I am. Go for it. I deduced that because grant is now carrying a fire extuingisher, his silouette has changed.

Also, Dux, if the robot is standing the hallway then Grant is totally going to shoot it.

Edit: This is why we need that recap.

Cheeseliker on
    edited October 2013
    Alright, I'm gonna do a little recap, here it is.

The Ghost is possessing a nice, clean Shinobi bot, which has this light built into its hand that overwhelms a person's senses, which is why everyone is throwing up. This is also why the robots and grant are completely unphased. It has a cloaking system (which, I might add, is not a standard mod), which does not make it intangible however. Jin, after hearing the robot's story from the Med-student Quetzl known as Kaiman, made use of this by activating the sprinklers. It's now got water rolling over it. It's standing in the hallway, apparently unaware of the fact that people can see it. I did not make this last part clear.

Elsewhere in the hotel Victor and Winds are trying to shut down the power. This is a pretty obvious tactic and the Ghost seems to have prepared itself accordingly by trapping the fuck out of the power switch and everything near it. Winds fell for a trap and is now [Scrambled], but still functional.

Meanwhile John is lying on the ground throwing up and Jehuty is ???

Dux on
    Wait, that's the robot? I thought Grant was walking in front?

You're shooting towards it, in that case.

Let me just

flip this coin.

Haha, can Grant get a shot off on the robot at least?

edited October 2013
    Haha, can Grant get a shot off on the robot at least?

Yeah! Did that recap clear things up?

Dux on
    Yeah, it was perfect. I wasn't paying enough attention to other people's posts and such, I think.

Alright, update postponed to tomorrow because I feel like utter shit.

You can use this time to get a post in.

Looking at you, @AlternatingAberration

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @Caulk Bite 6 Missed it earlier, but, no, this isn't the place she found Inquisit.

@Stilts I actually just forgot to write up a response to the research.

[Puloper 2012, Week 2]
    [+↺↺↺↺↺↺↺]

[Narrator+HEX]
    ⎔x593 ⎔x98 ⎔x61 ⎔x181 ⎔x25 ⎔x31 ⎔x73 ⎔x57 ⎔x118 ⎔x43 ⎔x0 ⎔x47 ⎔x19 ⎔x12

[Ruins] (Earlier)
    Gwendy bows her head and doesn't say anything for what feels like a very long time. "It was. A long time ago."

[Mesmiri, Bask]
    It's hard to call what happens next a funeral. Technically, yes, there was a coffin there, two in fact, but they weren't exactly featured prominently.

[Meridi, Disaster Area]
    Yen grins at Dan. "Oh, I can think of a few things."

Christina's airscooter goes into a dive. As they get closer to the dragon's remains, being rapidly surrounded as the Citizens' need to flee is replaced by the intense desire to gawk, they can see a bright Orange glow coming from within. Amidst the cracked bones and semi-liquified meat, a small orb, no larger than a fist, hovers inches above the gore-soaked grass.

"Appearances deceive, Dave." Cerilin says, pulling her glasses from her pocket and clipping them to her nose.

[Sylvas, Harmonic Monastery]
    At some point, Christina heads down into the archives of the Harmonic Monastery, past the many holograms of dead masters eternally practicing the katas they created, past the chamber of time where the records of the order cascade like water over carefully arranged stones. In the farthest chamber, behind a heavy steel door and a harmonic locking device, are the monastery's most sacred and important texts. Held not on datadrive but on delicate velum.

Carefully browsing the ancient texts, Christina finds only a brief passage on the subject she seeks. Resonance. It was proposed by a Harmonic Master long ago, a state of perfect oneness, of absolute clarity and calm, but also of terrible danger. To become resonant was to be the eye of the storm - the blissful serenity and the center of a raging chaos.

The master claims to have achieved it once, for only a moment. He describes it as "an act of profound balance, requiring one to remain in state of unassailable concentration, lest the power consume".

[Streich Industries, Theiresai]
    Theiresai runs a hand over her face. "Sorry, it's been a shit day." She reaches the hand out to shake Kain's. "Not to mention I just got word from the interim Council that I'm officially working for you now. As of today, Streich Industries answers to PSI. Beg my pardon if I'm not in the best of moods."

[Deep Haze, Sienna Gear MACH, WeaponHEX (▮▮▮▮ Kill)] Haze Problems
    The phone skitters across the floor and bounces against the wall. She's right here. I'm right here, ace. Her face, pale teal skin, White eyes. I'm right here, and I'm telling you you're right. Of course you are. You know it.

A cold hand on his cheek. I remember, and you do too. I remember what it was like before the Tower. Before the rules and the laws and the promises. Her forehead pressed to his. We were free, ace. We were free and alive, and everything was fun. We had race car beds, and our captain poisoned us, and we were young and happy and everything made sense because nothing made any sense at all.

They're going to call you mad, and maybe that's true, but we were all mad once, and it was so much more fun, wasn't it?

Her fingers wrap around his waist and she pulls him back up onto his feet. You did it first, and you can do it again. Go to the Tower, bring it crashing down, and make everything go White.

[Adon, Ruined Temple, Strange Building]
    "Then show them that, P. You got a whole lot of worried people in their lookin' up at you."

Penny walks toward the strange building now adjoined to the temple, and finds me waiting for her. "Penny, we... we might need to talk about this building." I run a hand through my hair. "So, see, here's the thing. DarkOrchid started as a joke. A way to express Eustace's particular flavor of marital arts. When it came through the World Door, I tried to expand it using a bunch of association matrices built into the Tower, through in some Soul conceptions due to the link between it and Signet, but things got weird." I step aside. "I just... I just want you to know that."

The door opens, and Penny steps into a cramped little room, filled with shimmering lights and DarkOrchid shag. A velvet mural covers the entire back wall, depicting a group of tiger-riding warrior women mid-hunt. Beneath it, the rug parts to reveal a shiny obsidian dance floor, bordered by golden railing. To the right, an open bar. To the left, booths of fine purple leather.

[Strange Building has become DarkOrchid Den]

[HEX]
    Within HEX's Heart, the new Reality Engine whirs and whistles, its edges vibrating slightly as several of its internal chambers fuse and disappear.

DE?AD on
    Now to figure out what to say

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Hey guys check it out im a rebel

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    ah the old Dan/Dave mix up strikes again.

oddly enough, it's not happening to me.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

ask if she's single?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I'll post sometime tomorrow.

Also, @DE?AD, did you forget the number chip in the update or is this part of the new engine starting to act up?

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    That would be me forgetting it.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    That would be me forgetting it.

Also forgot the Resonance research.

Again.

IKknkhU.gif
    Goddamn it.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Also new week?

DE?AD wrote: »
    Goddamn it.

[Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x0 ❻⎔x12 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x18 ⎔x2 ⎔x1 ⎔x8 ⎔x5 ⎔x7 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x3

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Justice]
    [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

Before Dragon:
    "You said before that you would 'fade away' whenever you got close to yourself or your family. Do you know why that is, or at least have a guess? Because if we can find a way around that, I'm sure those kids'd want their mother back in their lives." He gently nudges he head back up with his finger to her chin. "C'mon, Christina's a friend of mine. We can work through this."

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2013
    [Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x23 ❻⎔x13 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x30 ⎔x447 ⎔x0 ⎔x2 ⎔x5 ⎔x12 ⎔x6 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x11

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech] [Healing Subroutines]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Chief Justice]
    [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

After Dragon:
    The Chief Justice lands between the city and Streich compound, and he walks over to where The Lady and Kain are talking, converting much of his Orange into to Dark Red as he goes (427⎔ -> 427⎔). He leans down, touching the ground with a massive hand and releasing a surge of arcanocircuitry. ★ ⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ Everyone still hanging onto life by even the tiniest thread is stabalised and quickly recovering.

Turning his head to the other two leaders, he booms "WE'VE PICKED UP A DISTRESS SIGNAL IN THE HAZE. POSSIBLY ONE OF YOURS. I'M GOING TO SLIP INTO SOMETHING MORE COMFORTABLE, THEN HEAD OUT THERE. MAY I BORROW A PLATOON FOR THIS TASK, YOUNG LADY OF STREICH?"

====

Spending 8↺ (exactly what I just got, neat) for the Distress Call mission.

Spending 4⎔ to upgrade the Restoration at Oldtown's mainstreet plaza to level two, 5⎔ to install a PSI Agency in the Office Space at Avaren.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Fun fact: Streich isn't an island. It's just a compound surrounded by scrubland.

[LAZYPOST]
    Wind-In-Tunnels shakes himself, shuffling his code to fix the scrambling as best he can.

Okay, that did not work. Let's shut down the power another way!

Wind whips through the wires, looking for a way into that cloaked robot.

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    [Liron Arrin] ⇄★
    ⎔x19 ❻⎔x20 ⎔x20 ❽⎔x4 ⎔x504 ⎔x0 NULL ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⊜x0 ↺x7

[Savage] [Plant Control] [Florasilicate] [Gravity Monk] [Extreme Disfigurement] [Lifeless Husk]

As Liron drifts into the air, reticules twist across the uneven surface of his face imaging the blast zone. Fuckn' A.
    Soon his bulk begins listing towards Hedos. The power of orange is great but...it's not enough for me. I need more, I need better. I want my fucking green back!
    Hovering over Blaze Row, his massive shadow darkens the streets. Where it falls, orange lightning bursts and stutters while street-lamps and cars twist under heavy grav waves into dragons being torn asunder by a large Liron. The extranet in these places is similarly disturbed, forcing devices within the zone to play vid-clips of a bright future promised by the florasilicate, and encouraging unity among all citizens to make that future happen.

Coming upon an abandoned bar/apartment complex, Liron weakly lifts a hand. The building trembles and falls in on itself, rising new from the debris cloud as a jig-saw tower of architecture with sewer pipes and gas mains splitting out from the foundations as crude roots; branch-like gutters and t.v. antennae adorned in electrical wire vines. A damaged hand extends a finger growing unnaturally long, winding its way through the mis-matched corridors to tap his new headquarters installation. In a flash of orange light, Liron stands at normal height within his tree, healed. He takes a seat upon a kitchen counter jutting out from a men's room, orange code flashing through his form. I will take it back. And make it a green more suited for our fuckn' salvation.

Spending:
    ⎔x16 to throw down Ego Friendly III in Blaze Row.
    ⎔x3 to put a headquarters in Blaze Row.
    ↺x1 to plot the infection of Forestgreen.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    You can only have one of each the Ego-Friendly-style features in each Plot.

Ohhhhh! K, fixn'.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    [Christina Lightning]
    ⎔x194 ❹⎔x42 ⎔x1 ⎔x29 ⎔x22 ⎔x0 ⎔x7 ⎔x35 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ❸❹❻❾⎔x62 ⎔x29 ⊜x0 ↺x10

[Action Scientist] [Sexy] [Resourceful] [Marksmanship] [Harmonic Monks] [Irradiated Rifle] [Jenis Stellar mkI Airscooter] [Toolkit] [Tablet PC]
    ⇄⊕☍

[Meridi, Disaster Area]

"Thaaaaaaat's kinda weird," Christina says, staring at the orange orb. After a moment of contemplation, she turns to Clyde. "So...if it were up to me, I'd call up a buddy I know from my college days--a zoologist with a minor in chromatology, real nice girl but a little obsessed with her work--and have her contain this thing and bring it back to secure lab. You know, in case it explodes or something equally shitty. But you're the one who spotted it and I owe you a solid, so it's your call."

[Sylvas, Harmonic Monastery]

Christina inhales deeply, then lets out a slow sigh. "Well, I guess no one ever said this was gonna be easy. Time to prove I'm not just a figurehead."

She exits the library and heads to her private chambers. It's small and minimalist, unlike the relatively sprawling set-up she has at the Observatory. Still, it's comfortable and does everything one would need a quarters to do.

And for the next few days, she won't be using it at all. She dumps all her possessions on her bed, strips off her clothes and puts on ceremonial robes. Unlike the heavier, lightly armored robes the monks typically wear, the ceremonials ones are so light you might forget you're wearing them. This, of course, makes them completely useless for the adventuring life, but she won't need to worry about that for a while.

Her preparations complete, Christina summons the other masters for a short meeting. The temple has a special chamber in the basement, meant for isolation and meditation. It can be sealed off from the outside world, so no sound, smell or even light can get in while still allowing a monk to, you know, breathe. It's meant to help monks avoid distraction for a few hours, maybe even a day. Christina tells them that she intends to use it for ten days. The only items she will bring in are the robes on her back and enough water to last for the duration of her trial. Barring extreme circumstances regarding the safety of the temple, no one is to disturb her until the ten days are up. The masters exchange worried glances. Christina smiles and tells them she'll be fine. After all, it probably wouldn't even make the top 10 craziest things she's ever done. Oddly, this statement does not seem to make them feel any better, but they reluctantly agree to go along with her plan.

So, an hour later, she finds herself sitting in the middle of a cylindrical chamber, pitch darkness surrounding her. It's oppressive, at first. As if the nothingness is trying to invade her body and drown her. It takes her a full day to finally let go of her fear and embrace this little abyss. Or at least she thinks it's a day. It becomes so difficult to tell that she quickly stops bothering to even attempt an accurate count. It's just another distraction of her own creation. One of so many. She's never really thought about it before, but her mind is a mess, like a freeway during rush hour. So much pondering, so much worrying, so much everything.

Just let it go.

For one moment.

Let it go.

And, for the first time in her life, she does. No theories, no plans, no schemes, no threats, no Acer, not even Dahlia. Just this moment in this room. This reality. This beautiful, delicate reality, full of life and potential. Even in the darkness, she could feel the gentle waves of space expanding and contracting, trace the complex latticework of molecules in the floor and dip her fingers in the flow of time. How could Acer say this wasn't real? What does it matter who made it, or how it was made? So many pieces working together in harmony to form one cohesive whole. It exists. It is solid. It has permanency. It has purpose. Is that not enough?

Christina reaches out to time, space and matter and embraces them. She will resonate with this universe, and in doing so she will see it for what it is.

Home. [-↺x10 -⎔x10 -⎔x10
    ]

Gonna be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I should spend for this. I'm just doing my best guess.

Resonance is sort of like Implausability Break, so I figured spending 10 days to get it like I would any other Unbound ability would make sense.

But since it's also special, I chose the two most appropriate colors to spend.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Damn, advanced R&D needs a lot of tan.

Also days.

I need more days.

[Cowboy Dan]
    ⎔x462 ❸⎔x 0 ⎔x12 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ❼⎔x 5 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ❺⎔x0 ➓⎔x83 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x6

[Cowboy][PsiOps Agent] [Grizzled] [Wise] [Imperturbable]⇛ ⇄ ↹
    [Vacant Warehouse[Shops]][Empty Warehouse[Headquarters]]i]Harley Cowboy[/i

Dan, with Yen's help, tries to figure out how to repair and upgrade Harley Cowboy.

[ [↺] plotting to repair/upgrade Behemoth]

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Hey someone that got a lot of point from wandering mesmiri then using said points for killing the dragon, can I get 30 plum points? Thanks.

Samedi
    ⎔x38 ⎔x10 ⎔x9 ⎔x4 ⎔x4 ⎔x22 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x19 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⊜x0 ↺x15
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls
    BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs][Mesmiri Mudd]
    ]

Plum. After the battle, well, massacre Samedi felt the return of something of the old power rising within. Another shade of purple. Shit is getting ridculous.

"Yo, Kain can you do me a favor and get your agency out the Gambling district? Know you running a franchise now. On every corner, in every crevice, but I got better plans for my corner."

I would, but all I can convert to is dark red.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1

ask if she's single?

You don't want me to go down this road

This is the road that leads to me and Dead having to flirt and nope nope nope

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg

ask if she's single?

You don't want me to go down this road

This is the road that leads to me and Dead having to flirt and nope nope nope

Dude, I've been mooning at dead like old husband for like a month. Speed's had at least two relationships with NPC's. It's nothing new or unique.

Just do it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    [Acer X] ⊕ ★⇄ ⇛
    ⎔x0 ⎔x3❶❷ ⎔x0❾ ⎔x0 ⎔x1➓ ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x81❽ ⊜x0 ↺x7 (70)

[Intimidating] [Hacker] [Streetracing Hotshot] [Tae Kwon Go] [Darktech Suit] [Sienna Gear MACH] [Clockwork Leg] [Carbosillicate Hand] [Carbosillicate Arm-Spike]
    [Vahman Strauss] [Verito Carbini] [Clearsky Dawn] [Mondo Caris] [Serinia] [Merdin Brol] [Haze Marines x 8] [Weapon HEX]
    [One Eye]

X shudders at her touch. A touch that he'd forsaken, a touch that he didn't think he would ever feel again.

White... Acer thinks back to that day. The demon that had risen from the lowest filth. His own skull staring back at him, eyes burning with velocomancic energies. The loop. That never-ending, all-consuming loop, as his power grew exponentially, overwhelming everything, shattering Your designs. And for a brief flash, the blink of an eye before you cobbled a new reality together... everything went White.

Staring into her eyes, he understood now. He couldn't save them. It was arrogance to ever think that he could. All he could do was set an example. Blaze the trail forward, speed ahead of everyone else. Those that followed would know the glory of the finish line, and those that fell by the wayside would fail not because of any outside force pressing them down, but because they weren't strong enough. Not fast enough. He had already shown himself what the future would be like. Shapeless chaos that can be shaped through raw willpower. A universe defined not by any outside mind, not by any Tower, but by the self. An infinite number of self-defined realities, interacting, struggling, clashing, fighting. Racing. A heaven, outside of any controlling force's influence.

His only role in this was to cut down the forces that kept these people enslaved to a will other than their own. Several of the other unbound, but most importantly, the Tower, and You inside of it. He's standing before it suddenly. He's going to bring it all crashing down, just like she wants. The only way he knows how:

he's going to create a loop.

[⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ ⇄ ⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔]

He rears his fist back and focuses his energy deeply, drawing out the most powerful and forbidden technique of Tae Kwon Go. Movement so fast that it is faster than itself. Infinity.

[★ ⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ to gain ⎔x11, repeated ad infinitum to gain ⎔x]

He slams his fist into crimson surface before him.

[★x to destroy the Tower.]

Speed Racer on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Note: that is totally a bullshit move that I wouldn't try under normal circumstances

but since this is a crazy hazellucination i figure i can get away with it?

This discussion has been closed.