As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Motivation

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2013 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Motivation

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    xnolanxxnolanx Enforcer, PAX Engineering Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Be cool

xnolanx on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    pfft, who needs pants?

• Options
    sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    ha. good to see malachi again. i am pretty sure i went to school like this once. no one noticed. weird.

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    pfft, who needs pants?

I am glad you said that because I missed the joke. His pants in the previous comic are so small that I didn't notice that he was not wearing them in the last panel of this comic.
    The shirt and shoes panels take on a second meaning when you notice that he is wearing only underwear.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ha. Didn't notice the missing pants the first look through. Thanks, @Zerzhul.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    The tightest of tighty whities.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    PifmanPifman Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see what you have in store, Katie. This has the potential to be my favorite comic, ever. No pressure!

PA-Signature.gif
  • Options
    StrikerObiStrikerObi Tallahassee, FLRegistered User regular
    YAY IT'S FINALLY HERE!

• Options
    DruVirusDruVirus Registered User regular
    I have been waiting so long for this!

Virus ; COLOR="Green"]!Chikorita Gold[/COLOR] -- PAX East PokeCrawl
    COLOR="Blue"]!Ravenclaw[/COLOR] House -- PAX Prime Tri-Wizard Drinking
    PAX Pokemon League Dark Gym Leader
    [Enforcer]
  • Options
    GeekBabelGeekBabel Registered User regular
    WOOT WOOT IT'S HERE! I can already tell, this is gonna be a THING!

• Options
    Quiss42Quiss42 Registered User regular
    At last it's there - and it more than meets expectations.

Probably there are some dreams most of us have dreamt at least once... :)

• Options
    ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    So... is this comic is an allegory for the release of the comic itself?

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @AHDOK Yes, I think so. Most of the kids look in Malachis eyes, don't they? So, zerzhul is right: "pfft, who needs pants?"

Quiss42 on
  • Options
    RedCrow7RedCrow7 Registered User regular
    I have totally had that conversation with myself, "You're the best, everyone likes you, your fly is up."

• Options
    SkarovSkarov Registered User new member
    hell yes! finally is up,i hope we all have a long and wild ride katie

• Options
    Charles BrubakerCharles Brubaker Martin, TNRegistered User new member
    This strip looks great. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    GfitzGfitz Registered User new member
    Congratulations on the launch of the strip, looks great!

• Options
    CarlosRGomezCarlosRGomez Registered User new member
    Some people look better in their tighty whiteys. Congratulations on all of your successes. Keep up the great work and your pants!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hahaha, I sense a double meaning to this strip as the first one of the launch... :)

• Options
    timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    Now who's "entending"? Love the "strip". ;)

• Options
    wutwut Registered User new member
    Congratulations, cannot wait for more.

• Options
    Nuclear MosquitoNuclear Mosquito Lord of the Inner VoidRegistered User regular
    How did he get his shoes back from Proto Kid? Notice that this is the first time he is wearing shoes again after that strip.

There is no such thing as can't: You're only experiencing difficulties while trying...
  • Options
    FujitsuLifebookT904FujitsuLifebookT904 The Greatest Registered User regular
    My tiny weak internet connection cannot handle 1.5MB comic strips! Could you upload them slightly more compressed?

• Options
    Nuclear MosquitoNuclear Mosquito Lord of the Inner VoidRegistered User regular
    My tiny weak internet connection cannot handle 1.5MB comic strips! Could you upload them slightly more compressed?

You'll probably just have to download the comics to your computer. What speed is your connection?

Also I did a quick experiment in GIMP2. I downloaded the comic from the website and imported it into GIMP. I exported it on different levels of JPEG quality settings. The lower limit of acceptable quality is at about a quality setting of 90. Any lower and you get visible artefacts in your image. The quality setting of 90 gives you an image of 582KB. So this may be a possible solution. Let me know what you think Fuji. PS: I'm not going to upload my experiment's results for various reasons, but you can try for yourself as GIMP is free. Just google it.

There is no such thing as can't: You're only experiencing difficulties while trying...
  • Options
    Jimbo2K7Jimbo2K7 Registered User new member
    I have been looking for hours and have not been able to find the 'weedonwantcha' hidden away in the drawings. I am sure it is just my contacts giving me problems.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Yes, this is what I want.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    tbugtbug Registered User regular
    Is there a wiki for this webcomic?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    tbug wrote: »
    Is there a wiki for this webcomic?

There's the new readers pageon the website, it gives a brief explanation of the premise and a summary of the three main characters. Other than that there have only been 7 comics so far so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up with the awesomeness

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    If you just read the comics it isn't entirely clear that Weedonwantcha is a camp where parents literally just abandon their kids and never come back, it's just sort of very bleak and surreal.

Not that it isn't bleak and surreal once you read the new readers page and find that out, it just makes the bleakness and surrealism more pronounced. I personally am 100% on board with this premise. Can't wait to learn more about this place and see the kind of dangers/challenges the kids have to deal with. In my fantasy world I can see this becoming an animated cartoon on TV; it may be too dark for kids (although stuff like Adventure Time is blazing a trail), but I can see it on Adult Swim or a similar programming block.

Also think it would make a kickass video game. Something like Bully, in the woods, with less adults and a lot more despair.

• Options
    Jimbo2K7 wrote: »
    I have been looking for hours and have not been able to find the 'weedonwantcha' hidden away in the drawings. I am sure it is just my contacts giving me problems.

Yes, that's true. But it's probably not due to the contacts. I'm using normal glasses (for the elderly poor) and can't find them, neither. Maybe it's just that most of the letters "a-d-i-k-s" are not part of "weedontwantcha", but who can tell for sure. ;)

[@admins: Please make the "quote" function available from the "native" discussion forum on campcomic.com - having to change to the penny arcade forums to do so is a real pain in the "tighty whiteys"]

• Options
    gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Oh, fun! I'm already signed in due to PAREPORT. Boom!

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    The reader's page is good, but they really should have started the comic with the last kid getting abandoned at the camp rather than 4 months in, but ohh well the art is fantastic and I agree that the world is interesting going forward.

• Options
    SherenSheren Registered User new member
    This is me everyday at University...

• Options
    Justin138Justin138 HartsvilleRegistered User regular
    Amazing.

• Options
    LordZoddLordZodd Registered User regular
    Interesting that this panel has WAY more views than all of the others. Clearly this was shared more to spread the motivational message. Interesting stuff. Also I had completely missed that Malachi had forgotten to put on his pants. Thanks zerzhul for pointing that out. Makes this even more glorious.

• Options
    HeliolaterHeliolater Employ me! Connecticut, USARegistered User regular
    Okay, this artist is subtle and sly. You've got a reader.

Like 'Choose Your Own Adventure's? Play Chimerical, over at my humble webspace. Or, you know, read some of my serial stories.
    http://thedowncity.com/chimerical/
    Also... let me tell you about Homestuck...
  • Options
    rocketman1670rocketman1670 Registered User new member
    Oh, Purdy is in this one.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Your pants can deceive you, don't trust them.

• Options
    253Lboard253Lboard Registered User new member
    looking at the seventh panel, is that a foreshadow of some of the back story that is going to happen?

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I have recurring fear of this happening to me. Really. I have had to ask myself: am I wearing pants?