As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

3DS games for Pax East 2014?

SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
So on Pax 2013 Fire Emblem was the game I saw most people were playing.

What are people planning to bring on Pax 2014? I wonder if Pokemon will still be big by them and I'm hoping for some AC:NL love too :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to guess Pokemon X and Y. Can't wait to do some battling. I hope I can also complete the puzzle swaps too.

• Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    Will the Super Smash Bros game be out by then? If so I might be playing that some. Otherwise I'll most likely be tied up with Pokemon Y and StreetPass notifications.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Pokemon X and Y for sure! Battling the PPL is always fun.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Probably Pokeymans X/Y. The new Zelda and Mario Party will be out by East, but looking at upcoming releases; I don't see anything that would necessarily be bigger then Pokemon being released for the 3DS in the next 5 months (though the upcoming releases I saw really only went up through early January.)

• Options
    Will the Super Smash Bros game be out by then? If so I might be playing that some. Otherwise I'll most likely be tied up with Pokemon Y and StreetPass notifications.

SSB 3DS would be awesome for Pax. Sadly it seems it will be released later in 2014, Newegg preorder page has a May release date...

Anybody knows how good are the new Mii Plaza minigames? I don't have opportunities for streetpass so I haven't bought them, may do it for Pax East.

• Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    I consider them fun but they're a huge time sink if you're trying to get a lot of street passes for puzzle pieces.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    gwidiongwidion Registered User regular

I believe the release date for SSB will be later in 2014. Hopefully there will be a playable SSB on the expo floor.

• Options
    That's disappointing, but playing on the expo floor would be fun! Maybe an early release for sale there like they did last year with Luigi's Mansion (I know, I'm being super optimistic).

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Pokémon, technically I've got Mario kart 7...not sure if i'll end up buying anything else prior to PAX at this point (I've learned long ago that if I have pokemon to play, it may be all I play on a handheld).

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Mii games.

• Options
    DJDesolationDJDesolation Registered User new member
    Kid Icarus uprising if anyone still plays it would probably be a fun group game. light vs dark or free for all would be a fun competitive area.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    There hasn't been anything announced for earlier next year yet, so my best guess would be Pokemon X/Y. Really, it's always safe to bet on Pokemon.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    WiFiPunkWiFiPunk Registered User regular
    Does A Link Between Worlds have any form of multiplayer or streetpass?
    Monster Hunter 4 may be out by then.

The PPL is always big, but with so many people playing the latest Pokemon X/Y games I have a feeling the queues for battling gym leaders are going to be huge..

PAX East 2015 Status: Badge[X] Hotel[X] Car[X] Vacation[X]
  • Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Animal Crossing! I want to visit your town and talk shit about you to your residents.

The box art for A Link Between Worlds has a Nintendo Network logo on it, which has caused a lot of speculation about multiplayer/online functionality. I don't believe anything has been confirmed, though.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    Obviously the Pokeymans. I will crush with my all Psyduck tea-WAIT NO ONE READ THAT AND MAX OUT A GRASS TYPE.

ACNL will probably still have some life left in it, and I imagine the Mii games would be good for Streetpass-fans. Aside from that, IDK, Maybe Mario Golf if that's out by then?

• Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I forgot about Mario Golf! That would be a ton of fun if it's out by then.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    There's a new Mario Golf coming out? I hadn't heard that. If it's out by then I'll definitely have it with me!

• Options
    There's a new Mario Golf coming out? I hadn't heard that. If it's out by then I'll definitely have it with me!

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Golf-World-Tour-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00CFR7UC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383064901&sr=8-1&keywords=mario+golf+3ds

Release date is still TBD, but I'm hoping before the end of q1

• Options
    Thanks for the link!

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Pax Pokemon league will be in full effect

• Options
    sirmeepsirmeep Registered User regular
    I might grab Mario kart 7 for PAX but I have pokemon so far.

And if anyone needs more for friend safari feel free to add me 5000-2597-1476 (Though I have no idea which ones I have)

• Options
    sirmeep wrote: »
    I might grab Mario kart 7 for PAX but I have pokemon so far.

And if anyone needs more for friend safari feel free to add me 5000-2597-1476 (Though I have no idea which ones I have)
    Might be worthwhile to stick your code in the icebreaker thread and add the people back there (myself included :D)
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/183155/icebreaker#latest

• Options
    Thanks for the FC thread. It's nice to find one that is not overwhelmingly long.

• Options
    Yay, there will be spot pass on the new Zelda game to send out "ghost" Links for people to fight for rupees. And both new Layton and Bravely Default (such a dumb name...) will be out before Pax East. I'm gonna get Platinum status again this year :)

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Kinda random (but not, depending on your latest gameplaying):

I am looking to expand my Friend Safari in Pokemon X. Anyone interested in swapping Friend Codes (don't know what kind of Safari I have yet)?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's a pretty sweet thread for that in the Games and Technology section of the forums :)

• Options
    Thanks @zerzhul :-)

But besides the point, I have AC: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and am thinking about getting Mario Kart DS since I don't have it yet.

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    Thanks @zerzhul, I wanted to go find that post but it's scary outside the pax subforum.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    So 3 decent releases before Pax East: Bravely Default, Prof Layton and the Azran Legacy (last one, so sad) and Yoshi's New Island.

Anyone planning on bringing these to Pax? I'm seriously considering buying all 3. My poor wallet....

• Options
    BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Im definitely getting Yoshi's New Island, im a huge fan. Bravely Default looks interesting but im not really into turn based RPG's! I'm 100% bringing Zelda A Link Between Two Worlds and Animal Crossing New Leaf!

BUBBApax on
  • Options
    reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    BUBBApax wrote: »
    Im definitely getting Yoshi's New Island, im a huge fan.

Seconded. I'm behind on my DS games, but I'll have Pokemon Y at least! Don't know if I'll be good enough for the League, but I'm up for trading with people!

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Bravely Default I could see being a big title people have at PAX since it has multiple uses of street pass. Although most people will probably have beaten the game by then.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    BUBBApax wrote: »
    Im definitely getting Yoshi's New Island, im a huge fan. Bravely Default looks interesting but im not really into turn based RPG's! I'm 100% bringing Zelda A Link Between Two Worlds and Animal Crossing New Leaf!

I LOVE the original Yoshi's Island, but Yoshi's Island DS was just an awful game, and sadly I think the 3DS one looks like it'll have the same fate :( If it doesn't suck however, I will definitely buy it.

I'm hoping Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton will be out in time for PAX in the US (it has a March release in Europe), but I'm thinking it'll get pushed back since Professor Layton 6 is only just coming out this month in the US.

• Options
    The guy who directed the O.G. Yoshi's Island is coming back to do the 3DS one. Why it probably wont be on that SNES level of quality, I imagine it will be a step up from the DS one. Probably going to day 1 it, unless the reviews are really bad.

I'm definitely bringing Pokeymanz Y, ACNL and FE:Awakening to PAX East, as those seem the most multi-player friendly, plus I have 4 swords downloaded. Bravely Default looks super neat, but buying that all depends on what will be released at PAX by Nintendo.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just got my 3DS last year, only got Pokemon X and AC:NL right now prob gonna get Mario Kart and some other games.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    Is anyone currently playing 3DS games and would like to exchange codes before PAX?

• Options
    @Sgt.Mays Those are my big two also, debating if I want to get Mario Kart

@cadmia I second Sgt.Mayes.

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    cadmia wrote: »
    Is anyone currently playing 3DS games and would like to exchange codes before PAX?

People have been putting their codes in the icebreaker thread, though its been a bit quiet as of late. Not saying you can't/shouldn't put codes here, but just that there are more over there.

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    My body has been ready for more Mario Kart 7 at PAX for the last 341 days. The handhelds area was a lot of fun last year for pickup games.

I'll also be bringing AC:NL, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, and A Link Between Worlds for spotpass/streetpass games.

Has anyone here checked out Weapon Shop de Omasse? I'm thinking about picking it up.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Has anyone used the spotpass/streetpass with A Link Between Worlds? What is it and is it any good? I'll be bringing my copy along with FE again and AC:NL

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345