As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    where's John Drake's check from Coca-Cola already

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Clem grows up to lead a systematic eradication of all zombies that ends with a restoration of the US government and her election as President.

That started out as a joke but actually it sounds great, do it.

masterofmetroid on
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Clem doesn't look older in the screens on the Steam storepage, so
    yeah
    shit's gonna be horrifying

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I want to help Clem to be the very first person in a zombie apocalypse to have a happy ending
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I want to help Clem to be the very first person in a zombie apocalypse to have a happy ending

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

SOMEBODY HAS TO BE FIRST SHUT UP MAN LET ME HOPE

World War Z

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

This is why Zombies are so boring for me

Guess what

I bet I know how that story ends

Doesn't mean that the story is bad or has less impact, even if your assumptions are right

I said boring for me! Doesn't mean it's bad.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Clem grows up to lead a systematic eradication of all zombies that ends with a restoration of the US government and her election as President.

That started out as a joke but actually it sounds great, do it.

The epilogue is set 90 years in the future and Clem is a little old lady surrounded by her loving family of happy well adjusted people and they're all watching the first colony ships land on Mars, ensuring the legacy of her good work and of all humankind

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

World War Z

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

Guess what

Doesn't mean that the story is bad or has less impact, even if your assumptions are right

I didn't mean to say that you did, just, well, kinda having an idea where the story is likely to go shouldn't keep you from enjoying it I think
    I mean, the characters and their interactions are way more interesting than the plot anyway

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    next OP

new consoles OMG

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

World War Z

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

Guess what

I didn't mean to say that you did, just, well, kinda having an idea where the story is likely to go shouldn't keep you from enjoying it I think
    I mean, the characters and their interactions are way more interesting than the plot anyway

Yeah this is very specifically a me thing

I don't really like crime genre fiction and horror either because if I'm reasonably sure the main character is going to die at the end I sort of don't care about the plot at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Is The Last Guardian going to be a PS4 title now or is it still PS3?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    next OP

new consoles OMG

Next OP ain't lasting no 17 days.

TheStig wrote: »

It is "on hiatus"

Which means it's dead.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

It is "on hiatus"

Which means it's dead.

No way you guys it's still totally coming out and they're totally not stringing you along

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

World War Z

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

Guess what

I don't really like crime genre fiction and horror either because if I'm reasonably sure the main character is going to die at the end I sort of don't care about the plot at all

Nah, I'm with you their. It's pretty much why I quit giving a crap about Song of Ice and Fire. I can't bring myself to give a crap about a cast of characters when most of them are going to get killed off and the rest are going to be miserable.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i mean that's not really the case in ASOIAF but ok

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    without knowing a single thing about the walking dead comics or tv show

the way the rules of that zombie apocalypse work, it seems like they could reasonably cobble a civilization back together, eventually

I mean, once you get rid of the extent zombies (which is no mean feat but seems doable), it really just becomes a matter of disposing of the dead properly

You couldn't really have huge giant cities and the like because every murder or suicide or old person who lives alone dying in their sleep can represent a potential outbreak

but i dunno i never really got the sense that things are totally hopeless for the people in that world.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Well ok. But they did a pretty good job of killing off everyone I liked in that series, so I comes out about the same.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

World War Z

Ahhh-haha
    hahahaaa

no.

Guess what

It also doesn't help that zombie fiction is more or less a checklist of cliches.

Turns out man is the real monster, and compassion is a liability.

Someone will go crazy for a dumb reason and ends up getting a bunch of people killed.

Someone will get bitten and there will be an agonizing decision over whether to kill them or not. 50/50 on whether they take someone with them.

In the last act everyone you like will be picked off one by one and nothing they achieved actually matters.

et cetera

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    without knowing a single thing about the walking dead comics or tv show

the way the rules of that zombie apocalypse work, it seems like they could reasonably cobble a civilization back together, eventually

I mean, once you get rid of the extent zombies (which is no mean feat but seems doable), it really just becomes a matter of disposing of the dead properly

You couldn't really have huge giant cities and the like because every murder or suicide or old person who lives alone dying in their sleep can represent a potential outbreak

but i dunno i never really got the sense that things are totally hopeless for the people in that world.

relentless bleakness sells

which can kinda get really tiring even if the writing is good

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Also, fuck vampire fiction.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the reason it never occurs on the show or the comics is apparently every remaining human constantly makes the worst decisions possible and are also the dumbest things that ever fucking existed

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I'd say that character death is not an essential part of crime genre stories, although it's often a big part of ones coming from the noir style which account for a lot of crime based stories. But crime is a big genre that owes a lot to say, westerns, and having your hero triumph against corruption and adversity is perfectly acceptable as a concept in the genre, as is the quirky heist team story.

It's just nobody is writing many of those now because they aren't in style currently, but these things work in cycles so i can keep saying i like crime stories even if finding an idealistic one is super hard right now. I mean superhero comics are my best bet and that's still hard. Don't even get me started on the cynical mess DC comics are in right now.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    But not vampire videogames right?

RIGHT!?

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Vampire facts only.

sig.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    i guess thinking about it I pretty much just described The Last of Us

Speed Racer on
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Man I know TLoU isn't much of a sequel game but
    I'd love to see what the power plant community's become like a year down the road.

Maybe for the DLC...

sig.gif
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    where's John Drake's check from Coca-Cola already

Probably in the mail along with my check from McDonald's I'VE SOLD MORE MCNUGGETS THAN RONALD MCDONALD HAS. COME ON, MICKEY D

Uriel wrote: »
    But not vampire videogames right?

RIGHT!?

That series is really just gothic fantasy where the main characters just happen to drink blood.

Not so much of a constant metaphor for sexual assault.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I stopped going to Giantbomb a while ago due to the new media player they use acting weird with my computer. Video will pause for a second every few seconds no matter what setting I use, and a cursory search reveals no relevant fixes. Anybody else dealt with this?

VRXwDW7.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Vampire facts only.

#vampirefacts

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I have dealt with their player being utter terrible bollocks by just watching everything on YouTube, oh thanks for that autocorrect good to be accurately on-brand

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I haven't had video issues, but the podcast player has started crashing the web browser on my ipod

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    This only helps subscribers, but if the player is being a butte hohl, I download the file instead. (There's also a way to get downloads even as a non-subscriber, but I don't remember it, and it's a dubious thing to do)

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

I'm back on videogames you guys

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    EA says no Titanfall on PS4. It's exclusive to MS platforms and PC for "the life of the title".

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I have dealt with their player being utter terrible bollocks by just watching everything on YouTube, oh thanks for that autocorrect good to be accurately on-brand

Oh, they are on Youtube?

Gonna binge me some videos

VRXwDW7.png
    Ceno wrote: »
    EA says no Titanfall on PS4. It's exclusive to MS platforms and PC for "the life of the title".

Shocked by this.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Oh, they are on Youtube?

Gonna binge me some videos

Any of the non-subscriber stuff in on youtube, its an option in the video player settings.

hLeTR.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Clem in Season Two is a good thing because she is a good character and I like to play games with good characters.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The way it's worded makes it sound like if a sequel happens, it could be on PS4, but the first game won't be.

This discussion has been closed.