As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is Deathjack a good PCR? IK RP Thread

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting DefensePlace at the tableRegistered User regular
edited September 2006 in Critical Failures
Not nearly enough love on this forum for the DND setting nearest to my heart: The Iron Kingdoms setting.

Want to play a character like those in your warmachine army?

Want new, balanced, interesting base classes?

Want a grittier game without losing your limbs in WHFB?

Want a steampunk or victorian RPG experience?

Interested in a setting with deep and sensical secondary mechanics for clerics based on religion, beyond simply domain?

Interested in steam-powered cybernetics? Guys, I know that you are.

All this and more. And they didn't even pay me to write this.

JohnnyCache on

• INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    steam powered cybernetics?

explain.

INeedNoSalt on
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Well, salt, there's things you can use to replace a limb. They're like robot parts, but powered by steam. If you check out the warmachine thread, you can see the Iron Kingdoms thematics pretty well laid out.

The place also has a set of large, intersting countries with large, interesting econmies and religions. The book briefs you on the inhabitants' attitudes toward their neighbors, that kind of thing. The religions are pretty cool, the specific orders provided for monks and palidins are as well.

They just did a good job on this setting.

JohnnyCache on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The setting is great. None of my friends will run it, however :(

Are the steam-prostetics in Liber Mechanika? I don't recall seeing rules for them anywhere else.

piL on
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Yes, along with more ginchy item creation rules.

JohnnyCache on