As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Have they made the Titanfall series exclusive, or just the first game? Because if it's just the first game, wasn't that the plan from the start?

ZD98Zka.png
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    tomorrow I should have time to play gone home. probably in one sitting if it's only a few hours?

pretty stoked

it's two hours, maybe three if you go full OCD on it

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Have they made the Titanfall series exclusive, or just the first game? Because if it's just the first game, wasn't that the plan from the start?

The way it's worded sounds like it's just the first game. And the first game was planned to be exclusive for just a year, then go to the PS4, at least that's what was believed.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Brad just confirmed on his tumblr they did a QL of AC4 and it convinced him to play the game.

sig.gif
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    The wii u is going to have the strongest lineup of all the next gen consoles for months to come

The only ("only") thing they fucked up was waiting so long to get this stream of games going (and losing out on Rayman exclusivity but considering that game underperformed even with being multiplatform you really can't blame ubi for hedging our bets)

"next gen"

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    "video games"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    walking down the street, giggling like a crazy person listening to Jeff Gerstmann talking about buying keys

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    "that"

sig.gif
    I wish they'd take a break with AC. The series started to wobble when they released Revelations a year after Brotherhood, when we knew they had to release another game the following year as well because of the dates in the games.

I mean I loved 2 and Brotherhood, and Revelations wasn't a bad game, but if they'd waited a year, and wrapped up Desmond's and Ezio's stories in the same game last year instead, I'd probably still be buying AC games on launch day instead of renting them. When they're every year, they're just not as interesting.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This fucking llama story

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    """"

Nobody puts llama in a corner.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    After playing both I think I vastly prefer the Stanley parable's method to gone home.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Here is my very important purchase determining question with regards to AC4: will my fancy dyes and outfits show up in cutscenes?

If not then I'll buy it christmas next year or something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    well, stanley parable has not gone on sale yet

T4CT wrote: »
    The wii u is going to have the strongest lineup of all the next gen consoles for months to come

The only ("only") thing they fucked up was waiting so long to get this stream of games going (and losing out on Rayman exclusivity but considering that game underperformed even with being multiplatform you really can't blame ubi for hedging our bets)

"next gen"

Yeah

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    well, stanley parable has not gone on sale yet

it just came out

And it was on sale for eleven dollars

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    $150!

that's a lot!

Nah it ain't.

Back in highschool I saved up enough to buy a new gamecube in two weekends of work.

And google is telling me that a new gamecube cost $200 out of the gate. Holy crap, did it really?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    $150 is like

my food budget for the month

I remember the day I bought a Gamecube. I worked at a supermarket petrol station at the weekend. I had bought a newspaper, and there was an ad for a pricedrop for it in the paper. I told the lady I was running the station with to cover me for 5 minutes and RAN across the car park to the supermarket with the paper, and used their promise to beat other store prices, and my employee discount to get my Gamecube.

I mean work is important but you've got to get your priorites straight.

ZD98Zka.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    $150 is like

my food budget for the month

$150 was my ouya budget

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Money well spent(?)

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    mike blais...

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    consider that super mario 3d world may be the best video game of the year

PNk1Ml4.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    consider that super mario 3d world may be the best video game of the year

You could say this about any video game not out yet

there won't be ten games better than super mario 3d world

PNk1Ml4.png
    Also fucking finally

Good on MS making the smart move locking down Titanfall indefinitely

Everyone was so goddamn coy about it before that it seemed like a PS4 port was certainty

Fuck I love some good competition

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    except that this apparently isn't what the people who actually made the game wanted or agreed to

except that this apparently isn't what the people who actually made the game wanted or agreed to

I doubt EA is doing this illegally , which means they had every right to

And after IW's last fiasco, you think they'd be more careful about who gets rights to what in terms of IP

So if they really didn't want that, well, they messed up

Titanfall is gonna be a hit either way and they're gonna see a good payday

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Vinny: I'm talkin about booty
    Jeff: Oh?
    Vinny: And me shakin it
    Jeff: ...hrrm.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png

I doubt EA is doing this illegally

Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last time.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I think I'm most of the way through God of War 1. This game is pretty good, except for occasional platforming or swimming parts. The combat is all good though, love it.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Mike One Percent Blais

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Titanfall is going to be best on the PC anyway so meh.

Salem News

Despite cash-for-curse complaint, psychic keeps license

spoliererd for long
    SALEM — It just wasn’t in the cards for Fatima’s Psychic Studio to lose its fortunetelling license.

Despite complaints that the Hawthorne Boulevard business has a history of offering to remove curses for cash, and in one instance charged a man more than $16,000 to place a protective shield over him, the Licensing Board last night “reluctantly” renewed Fatima’s license, placing it on probation through the rest of the year.

In a move not even a psychic could have seen coming, Detective Sgt. James Page opened last night’s hearing by withdrawing the police complaint. In effect, Page, the board’s investigator, said he couldn’t bring a complaint because the business wasn’t licensed when two recent alleged incidents took place.

Fatima’s was before the board because it failed to renew a license that expired in March 2012.

“I don’t think you can ethically bring a charge of violation of a (fortunetelling) license because they didn’t have a valid license at the time,” Page said.

The complaint the detective filed with the board Oct. 10 and withdrew last night cited four alleged violations going back to 2003, including two recent ones, which were the most serious.

Page said there have not been similar complaints against other Salem psychics and readers.

A man from West Henrietta, N.Y., told police he went to Fatima’s in August and, over several weeks, paid a reader named “Debbie” $16,800 for the protective shield she convinced him he needed and for something called a “Channel Angels.”

Police Detective Dennis Gaudet is investigating. However, whether that complaint will move forward is unclear.

Last night, Salem Attorney William Quinn, who represented the psychic studio, said he was told by an attorney handling that civil matter that “constructive and positive negotiations” are taking place between Fatima’s and the complaining customer, which are expected to result in an agreement to reimburse the man.

In another complaint included in Page’s report, a man from Newark, N.J., contacted city officials this month to report that a reader at Fatima’s, “possibly with the name Debbie,” told him he had a curse that she would remove for $500. The man said he declined the offer twice — the second time after he returned home and received a phone call from the reader. The man did not want to file a complaint, according to police.

While not going forward with the Licensing Board matter, Page said he filed a court complaint against Fatima’s on a charge of operating a business without a license, an ordinance violation that carries fines of $100 a day.

At last night’s meeting, another psychic, the Rev. Barbara Szafranski of Angelica of the Angels, said many customers from Fatima’s have come to her over the years after being told “they have auras that are warped.” Szafranski said she checked them out with her “aura machine” and determined they were fine.

She said she even met years ago with Fatima’s owner Harry Mitchell to tell him about the complaints.

“You have to speak to your girls,” Szafranski said she told Mitchell.

“This isn’t just now,” said Szafranski, who has been in business 27 years. “It’s been going on a wicked long time.”

Councilor-at-large Bill Legault recommended that the board not renew Fatima’s license. If it felt it must for legal reasons, Legault recommended a probationary period, a strategy the board adopted. Legault said the city cannot allow a business to take advantage of visitors, especially those in a “vulnerable state.”

“This has happened in the past multiple times ...” he said.

Since news of the allegations surfaced earlier this month, Page said police have had several calls from people “saying they were offered the same service of removing a curse.”

Quinn, Fatima’s attorney, said his client has been in business 21 years with only a few complaints, and only this current one, he believed, involving the payment of money.

Chairman Robert St. Pierre said the board was in a “legal conundrum,” because it didn’t have any official complaints, or persons bringing complaints before it, and was dealing with alleged violations that took place when the business was not licensed. If it denied the license, St. Pierre said the city likely would lose in court.

While “reluctantly” recommending the probationary period through the rest of the year, St. Pierre issued a stern warning to business owner Harry Mitchell.

“You’re responsible for every one of your readers,” St. Pierre said. “And it appears to me that your readers are taking advantage of people in a bad state who are vulnerable.”

Legal technicalities, he said, are allowing Fatima’s to “escape ... the wrath of this board.”

Officials reminded Mitchell that the city fortunetelling ordinance does not allow a reader to charge money to remove hexes, or to remove hexes for any reason.

“This has to stop, because it can result, or most likely will result, in criminal charges,” Page said.

In a separate action, the board “reluctantly” renewed the licenses of two of Fatima’s readers, Fatima Mitchell and Tammy Mitchell, through the end of the year. The business did not request a license renewal for a third family member, Debbie Mitchell, the subject of the active complaint.

Harry Mitchell was told to return in December to request license renewals for next year.

I just found out you can turn the sea shanties off in Black Flag

why would people do such a horrible thing

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Titanfall is going to be best on the PC anyway so meh.

i really don't think it will.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Also fucking finally

Good on MS making the smart move locking down Titanfall indefinitely

Everyone was so goddamn coy about it before that it seemed like a PS4 port was certainty

Fuck I love some good competition

I

don't

Not in this particular arena anyway

I'd rather there just be one console and game makers compete in the software market honestly

Speed Racer on
    I will probably just get titanfall on xbox 360 if at all

ac4 has officially popped my bubble for needing next gen versions of cross gen games

unless titanfall runs really bad or something but the cod games have always run well

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.