As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

we're up all night to get salty. SALTYBET!

18910111214»

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    I won money betting on two Uppercuts to beat two Sadclapses once.

Pretty boss.

Why wouldn't you bet on Salty Bet?

(Also saw a buncha people talking in regular sentences on the chat... That goes on for a bit until a comment came up that said "TIME TO HEAL THIS LOSERCASE PROBLEM")

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    and so it was

killer whale suffered a singles loss against dio brando

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    A surprising upset in the Metalo v Pikachu fight

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    man I would have loved to have seen Dio vs Killer Whale

my strategy lately has been to go all in all the time

I got tired of winning streaks with low profit

here's a good site that i wish i'd known about earlier

http://www.hightower-software.com/ss/#/

type in the name of a fighter and it'll give you some stats and comments

EzUAYcn.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    sooo apparently my brother cracked the top 50
    i suspect he is on this site 24/7

uc3ufTB.png
    just made a cool g on Juggernaut

aw yeah

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Juggernaut vs. Guy

real match as hell

• TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    sooo apparently my brother cracked the top 50
    i suspect he is on this site 24/7

top 50 should be pretty close to 1M by now, I was top 100 with 350k a week ago and I spend a shameful amount of time betting. he's either really lucky or betting every fight.

that linked site is incredible, by the way. I'd have qualms about using it if I wasn't illuminati but I don't mind some supplementary info

Torgairon on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah he's been pretty lucky with some upsets, said he got 200k from a 10k bet the other day

uc3ufTB.png
    hahahaaha fuck i just lost over 250k oh well back to the mines

EzUAYcn.png
  • AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    There was a major update to SaltyBet today:

- All characters now have unique names. Salty apparently went through the whole roster and gave individual names to everybody that used to share them. No more paranoia as to whether you're betting on the real deal or an imposter.
    - There is now a tier-based matchmaking system! Characters are split across four tiers based on their win/loss ratio (S, A, B, and P), and will only fight other characters in their tier. Tiers are updated daily. Based off today it seems like a great change, the matches are way closer (and have better odds) and now god level characters are stuck fighting each other, leading to crazy match ups like Sadclaps vs Alter Amiba. There are still a few outliers, but they'll be shifted to their proper tiers over the coming weeks.
    - There is now a compendium system that subscribers can make use of. I'm not sure on the specifics of how it works, but the idea is that its going to be a moneysink so people with like 100k dollars have something to do. Among other things, it allows people to spend Salty Bucks to very slightly (and permanently) alter the stats of fighters, currently allowing minor tweaks to health and how much meter the character starts a round with (with upper and lower limits for both). From what I understand it costs like 50k salty bucks for a change of 20 HP or a tenth of a meter. In addition to this, one can spend 10 million to delete any P Tier character from the roster. It's going to take some time to see how it plays out, and I can see it either going well or horribly wrong.
    - Finally, a minor UI change so that the character's names are displayed once again on the site instead of Player 1 and Player 2.

So I guess I'm going to be hooked again, if only for just a couple days until the newness wears off again.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Some great changes! Just getting rid of imposters will make things more interesting. Hopefully they've gotten rid of the terrible sprites that leaves clones.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    That tier thing sounds lame

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Goddamnit. GodDAMNIT.

I'm back in, let's get salty.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    THANKS OBAMA

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    crap i may have to play again

i got up to like 30 grand or something... and then lost it all, and I can't remember on who

• Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    Oh God what have you done to me

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Always, ALWAYS bet on Arch mage alice.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Oh why would you do this to me right before I go to bed

I can't sleep and get salty at the same time, you know!

Holy shit someone made a song about Saltybet and it plays in the rotation...

Nmori yagami is a character who manages to be even glitchier than Sadclaps. I'm talking to the point where he actually caused the game to crash and shutdown. Still, he was hilarious to watch up until that moment and was winning too.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Yissssssssss

lfYVHTd.png
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Why?

Why did you do this to me again?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Welp, I guess I'm back in the game goddamn you @AbsurdProposition

JtgVX0H.png
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Just lost all my $900 saltybucks betting against DBZ. Goddamn he started off with 2 wins!

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

I want to hear this

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013

I want to hear this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcfJuDcMjI

???

Barcardi on
    Nah, not the Rickroll bullshit. I believe it's by the same guy though.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    huh, didnt know annoying orange was a character

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    really what i need is a saltybet app

lfYVHTd.png
    fuck i was just set to win 10k and the match crashed

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am back in with these changes

Let's go waif- wait is that still banned?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    D Kanna is a hilarious character. She looks like another ridiculously broken Touhou with a ridiculously flashy appearance, and in her first round she covers the screen with death. Every round after? She doesn't attack and barely moves. It's excellent all-in bait, especially since she exists in P Tier so it looks like she completely outclasses her opponents.

@chrishallett83 Was this the song you were talking about? Came up on the playlist today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsQVVHW-w0

Yeah, that's the one!