As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't shop at Payless, you might get the cops called on you.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    What's this bro button business about

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    It's for reacting to posts where people ask about the bro button

Also hi tommy how are you

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Your transparent plot to gain numerous Bro?s shall not work on me, sir!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll bro the fuck out of your bro post bro

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Hi speed!! I'm in a weird flux of fantastic and nervousness, but that's just sorta what happens when you keep your girlfriend in your mother's house without her knowledge for 2-3 days, I fuckin guess.

I'm great at the moment though!! said girl is watching parks & rec with me in my car while we absolutely stuff ourselves with cheap sushi
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Bro.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Bro.

...Well played, bro.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Darth you shouldn't buy people placebos.

Where can we get more of these placebos?

Maybe they're in this truck marked 'bees'!!!

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Lord Waiter I bow in your service my master.

After playing borderlands with you I can tell you that you're no slouch, yourself.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Lord Waiter I bow in your service my master.

After playing borderlands with you I can tell you that you're no slouch, yourself.

Thanks girl, I don't know what I did but I'm a slut for compliments.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    customer service huh

well, I work in a call centre

policy is, if someone swears at you more than three times you're obliged to immediately terminate the call

everyone who has been at the call centre for more than a month has had to enact this, except for me

I have been there for two years and in that time not only have I never had a customer swear at me, I have made six people cry over the phone

keep in mind that I never raise my voice and keep my tone hovering around pleasant the entire time

do you have any idea how odd it is to keep yourself level and polite when telling someone we can't fix their TV tomorrow and have them respond by literally bursting into tears

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I get to yell at people on the phone. Tell them to talk to ME not someone else and ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. It's refreshing sometimes.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    YaYa wrote: »
    customer service huh

well, I work in a call centre

policy is, if someone swears at you more than three times you're obliged to immediately terminate the call

everyone who has been at the call centre for more than a month has had to enact this, except for me

I have been there for two years and in that time not only have I never had a customer swear at me, I have made six people cry over the phone

keep in mind that I never raise my voice and keep my tone hovering around pleasant the entire time

do you have any idea how odd it is to keep yourself level and polite when telling someone we can't fix their TV tomorrow and have them respond by literally bursting into tears
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT GET MY NEW iPHONE RIGHT NOW?! I NEED IT NOOOOOOW! WHAT IF I GET A CALL AND I DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS SO I DONT KNOW WHO IM SUPPOSED TO HANG OUT WITH?!

whined the ~30 year old man as tears leaked down his face.

His screen had broken beyond readability, it takes a couple days for the replacements to come in.

True story

Bendery It Like Beckham on
    edited October 2013
    conversely I have had to tell a single mother of four kids, in so many words, that I wasn't allowed to give a shit about her broken fridge or her child's diabetes medication that she had to store in it

thanks, corporate policy?

YaYa on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Well... at least you get to use the guise of corporate policy to hide the fact that you're a terrible human being.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    YaYa, the anti-Darth Waiter.

• Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    this really turned into my favorite kind of thread

Maybe it's being in the service industry, but something that really pisses me off is when someone tries to price match a competitors price to have me do work.
    We match same products, and right now you're trying to get me to match the price of a swap-meet knock-off to an iPad.

YaYa, the anti-Darth Waiter.

okay fine, so, I don't have any technical training in my job and no technical advice is mentioned in my job description

this lady called me up and told me she needed a new remote on her TV which I organized for her, and she also said it was weird that her TV didn't have any buttons on the set itself to change the volume or the channels

I'm supposed to tell her to call the manufacturer

but I just googled the manual for the TV and walked her through it

she was very happy

ta-da

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Maybe it's being in the service industry, but something that really pisses me off is when someone tries to price match a competitors price to have me do work.
    We match same products, and right now you're trying to get me to match the price of a swap-meet knock-off to an iPad.

Oh yeah. Being told that my store's tablets are "too expensive" because they saw a Craig or Coby Android 2.2 tablet on clearance at Brandsmart for $80 makes me go crosseyed.

Happily I seem to possess this uncanny ability to explain value to customers in ways that they will both listen to and comprehend, making me the go-to guy for such customers. On the one hand I love that I have this skill to disarm the usually-unreasonable guests but on the other hand it takes up so much of my day to turn an entitled rant into amicable understanding.

I also have to be careful how much help and guidance I give to certain customers or they start to rely on me to spend 40 minutes to two hours at a time doing something that's not exactly covered in my job description and brings in no money directly for the company. On the other hand, sometimes they slip me money under the table so my loyalties can be conflicted.

When someone tries to "tip" me I normally let them know I can get in trouble, but I appreciate their offer. Then they try again and I say "No really, I can get fired". Then they INSIST and I walk away. Which really turns the interaction sour... but I'd rather keep my job than the 5 bucks you tried to sneak me.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I had a customer yelling at me about how some wine we carried was so much more expensive than it was at other stores in town including K-Mart and I just say we don't control that it's a corporate decision.

Which doesn't sound like a big deal, except the K-Mart is in the same plaza as the store I work at. It's not even a 100 yard walk over to get the wine cheaper.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The extra price is what you pay for not having to walk into a k-mart

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    When someone tries to "tip" me I normally let them know I can get in trouble, but I appreciate their offer. Then they try again and I say "No really, I can get fired". Then they INSIST and I walk away. Which really turns the interaction sour... but I'd rather keep my job than the 5 bucks you tried to sneak me.

Some people can get pretty hostile when you refuse tips. I've had people grab my hand and shove a couple dollars in it and then quickly leave before I could say anything, and another time a woman stuffed a dollar into one of my pants pockets when I told her I couldn't take it.

I mean, I appreciate the offer, but really? Really?

vEaRQgH.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I dunno if it would work but maybe tell them about a charity bucket nearby and tell em they can put the money in that.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    This old rancher came in once. His kids kept telling him he needed "one'a them smart cel'lar phones." He didn't even know what a smart phone was! I walked him through it and after everything was done he tried to slip me a five and when I tried to refuse he just kinda gave me one of those looks and said "Son, you're takin this money from me."

And I just nodded and took it and bought a sammich. I always laugh when people force a tip on you. Also because I usually accept because it's the easiest thing ever to get away with AND FUCK THE RULES.

I remember I was working at Home De(s)pot and this reeeeally old fella wearing a Korean War vet hat tried to slip me five bucks for cutting some lumber for him, and I told him I couldn't accept it and he very casually dropped it on the ground and said "You can grab that or leave it for the next guy." My reasoning was that picking up "found" money off the floor was different from a tip. Then I bought a sammich.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    So I should cut out the middle man and just leave sandwiches on your desk.

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I used to accept tips all the time at Home Depot because fuck that place.

Oh and we weren't supposed to accept tips at CVS either. After he offered me the 20, I fumbled through my wallet to give him a gift card to this restaurant that me and the girlfriend like, but he wouldn't accept it. Guy is awesome. Talking about it makes me miss'em.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hahaha ohhhhhh lordy, to assume I've ever held a prestigious enough job to have a desk is preposterous beyond belief. Also yes fuck home depot forever and ever. Also also hiiiiii Fire Truck :3c

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Some people can get pretty hostile when you refuse tips. I've had people grab my hand and shove a couple dollars in it and then quickly leave before I could say anything, and another time a woman stuffed a dollar into one of my pants pockets when I told her I couldn't take it.

I mean, I appreciate the offer, but really? Really?

When I did portrait sessions, I usually let them know that I'm not allowed to accept tips, but if they REALLY want to thank me, I can have my manager come over and they can talk about how awesome I am

That usually works, and keeps them from getting angry.

Our policy is we say no 3 times. If they insist, I immediately turn around and hand it to a supervisor. Supposedly those funds are used to host cast parties and the like, and we did get those, so hopefully that's what happened. :P

Hahaha ohhhhhh lordy, to assume I've ever held a prestigious enough job to have a desk is preposterous beyond belief. Also yes fuck home depot forever and ever. Also also hiiiiii Fire Truck :3c

Sounded better than me just flopping one on the ground :P

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    No no no, you're supposed to flop one in Metz's mouth.

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular

;)

Just... just flop it in there~
    Fire Truck wrote: »

;)

:winky:

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Thankfully I have an easy out for tips, "I cannot accept that, but if you really want to help me out be sure to mention us on Trip Advisor, just mention my name in the review."

"Yes I would honestly appreciate this more than a tip."

My only major customer problem is foreign tourists trying to haggle my product and not understanding that not only cannot do that, my machine cannot physically take less from your card if I wanted to get in trouble with management.

VRXwDW7.png

Ooooooooh.

Oh my god I saw a 20-something kid try to haggle with the poor Japanese girls in the japan pavilion in Epcot a few weeks ago

This is Disney world dude. You don't haggle.

The girls were really good about it, they just kept smiling and telling him what the price was. But it really bugged me, because this kid was old enough to know better.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I can haggle in Japan, why can't I haggle in the Japan pavilion of epcot??!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Woah Woah Woah WOAH, slow down...