As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.4 Free epics ! By the way, we have a new Warchief.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oh, and a mod that lets me reposition the mouseover infobox to the top center of the screen.

Another ct_mod thing I took for granted and never really thought about again.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is the only issue, but apparently they changed the UI function call GetCVar("realmName") to GetRealmName(). If you're willing to dig around the interface code you might be able to find/replace that and get it working?

edited October 2013
    Smasher wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the only issue, but apparently they changed the UI function call GetCVar("realmName") to GetRealmName(). If you're willing to dig around the interface code you might be able to find/replace that and get it working?

Yeah that actually sounds like it might be whats going on with ctmod at least; since it just seems like it doesnt have any idea who my characters are or what servers they're on.

EDIT: single call change in the infobar lua fixed it.

I'll mess with CT_Mod in a few, but the dude running the site all but said "sorry, no can do, need a coder" which makes me wonder why they're bothering maintaining the site at all.

The Dude With Herpes on

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    TipTac for tooltips

Smasher wrote: »

You're my fucking hero.

DId a little bit of finding/copy/pasting and it seems to have fixed all the problems in both infobar and ctmod.

I'm not ready for change!

Though, maybe I should start looking now because I know the time is coming where some cut and pastes aren't going to fix mods that haven't been updated in years. :(

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I still don't even understand why WotLK happened. Maybe I forget the beginnings, but it seemed unnecessary. That expansion should have been Arthas descending his citadel to invade, full force...not just chilling and waiting. I'm still in Vanilla/TBCs camp.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If you just want to move the tooltip and nothing else, an alternative to TipTac is Tipsy.

Crayon wrote: »
    I still don't even understand why WotLK happened. Maybe I forget the beginnings, but it seemed unnecessary. That expansion should have been Arthas descending his citadel to invade, full force...not just chilling and waiting. I'm still in Vanilla/TBCs camp.

I'm going off memory here because it's been awhile so I may have things wrong; but iirc Ner'zhul used pretty much all of his power to make the Frostmourne and to get Arthas to him and all the events that transpired there. Arthas himself was also weakend by his fight with Illidan at the foot of the frozen throne too.

Then there was the internal struggle for power as ner'zhul and arthas's souls kinda intertwined; it all resulted in the lich king being weakened to the point he is in WoTLK, and why alliance and horde forces invade when they do.

As far as Bolivar becoming the lich king, it actually does make sense given even given just what we see in the game (never read the book myself) because the undead as a force weren't really a 'thing' in Azeroth prior to Ner'zhul being imprisoned and doing all his tricks with the nerubians and then onward; without something to control the hordes that were created they'd just run rampant and be virtually impossible to deal with, and even if they could be, they'd do so much damage in the process nothing would be left. So Bolivar, having proved his resilience and fortitude against Arthas chose to take control himself so that he could keep them at bay in perpetuity. Though, I think even he says his will won't last forever and eventually he will probably lose control; but he's buying Azeroth a lot of time.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The thing is, by the time the PC's defeat Arthas I seem to remember having done a huge amount of damage to the hordes of undead in Northend and having ground down the forces pretty well. Arthas admits this, but they says it doesn't matter because of his Xanatos Gambit, which then fails.

Caedwyr on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the beef with 'there must always be a lich king' wasn't so much the concept itself as it was with the idea that it implied some sort of redemption-ish storyline for arthas, even though that was never really hinted at before.

in the end it felt like a way to explain why there were still undead running around, and a good place to finally bury bolvar

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    . Arthas admits this, but they says it doesn't matter because of his Xantos gambit, which then fails.

Xantos?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    He meant Xanatos.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    . Arthas admits this, but they says it doesn't matter because of his Xantos gambit, which then fails.

Xantos?

Bleh, typo there. I meant Xanatos Gambit. Basically a plan where the planner gets to go "mwahaha, it was my plan all along" and applies where Arthas says that the destruction of his forces, invasion of Icecrown and destruction of all his lieutenants was all according to plan.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I wish Blizzard would increase the reward for queueing up for a role that is in demand. The reward is a flask and a small chance at a mount? That's garbage. They also give gems but it's just not enough they need to increase it.

• EnialisEnialis Registered User regular
    WotLK ending just felt like an excuse to put the Scourge in their back pocket in case they run out of expansion ideas when we're level 100.

For my money, and as someone been raiding since BWL was new, MoP is the most consistently good raiding has ever been. There have been amazing fights in the other xpacs (Vashj/Kael'thas, Firefighter/H-LK, H-Ragnaros,) but the variance was significantly higher in the old days. MoP has raised the bar significantly in terms of overall quality.

the beef with 'there must always be a lich king' wasn't so much the concept itself as it was with the idea that it implied some sort of redemption-ish storyline for arthas, even though that was never really hinted at before.

in the end it felt like a way to explain why there were still undead running around, and a good place to finally bury bolvar

No, there was no redemption for Arthas; hence the "I see only darkness". They were actively avoiding any sort of pseudo-redemption for him.

Okay, this is seriously getting annoying. Why can't LFR tell me if the group has downed any bosses or not? That's the second time I've joined a group not starting out fresh and I've left only to get the 30 minute deserter buff. Seriously, this is stupid.

• JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Mists has been rather unfulfilling for me. They setup the Sha as a central focus, then Pride that not even the awesome old Pandaren Emperor could defeat is unceremoniously trounced in the first wing. And an expan about Pandaria is finishing on Azeroth... Not to mention Garrosh just isn't a very interesting villain. His whole motivation is "rawr Orcs best! fuck everyone else!" Being an asshole isn't a very compelling central villain trait. Talk about one-dimensional.

• SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    sumwar wrote: »
    I wish Blizzard would increase the reward for queueing up for a role that is in demand. The reward is a flask and a small chance at a mount? That's garbage. They also give gems but it's just not enough they need to increase it.
    While I wish they would, I'm not sure what reward would convince me to do it. Maybe if I could get gear for an alt while doing it. Not sure that would sell me on doing it though.

I kinda wish there was some way to keep the refer a friend in game bonuses around once you're out of the 90 days/80ish level range. If they decided to tie that to in demand roles I'd tank all the damn time. (it's also an awful idea)

Syrdon on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Crayon wrote: »
    Okay, this is seriously getting annoying. Why can't LFR tell me if the group has downed any bosses or not? That's the second time I've joined a group not starting out fresh and I've left only to get the 30 minute deserter buff. Seriously, this is stupid.
    because when they told people, no one joined the in-progress ones.
    just finish the raid it puts you in, then you get priority for a fresh instance the next time you queue

SaraLuna on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yay, got the Galakras Str trinket, tier gloves, and coined the warforged version of Thok's Tail Tip.

Breaking 4pc T15 (ret pally gear) and going 2pc T15/2pc T16 would allow me to wear both trinkets, but I'm not sure losing the 4pc bonus is worth it :(

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Whoo, cleared all of our farm content tonight, so we have all of tomorrow for H-Malkorok progression. Doesn't look too bad, I guess. Also I get to solo-tank the Blood Rage phase and get hella vengeance. Excited about that.

Finally finally got my 4p tonight too, so yay! Also swapped out all my exp/crit gems for agi/crit since I was just swimming in expertise. Curse you, red sockets.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Woo... killed Garrosh tonight. We cleared the entire thing in one night and killed Garrosh on the first pull (first kill of him :P).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    instance server is being a dickbutt tonight

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    So 3 wings down in LFR including a one shot of garrosh...and nothing but Gold. I guess that's cool.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Woo, that was worthwhile!

Got into a Ordos group via oQueue, and got one of the il556 belts off him.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    instance server is being a dickbutt tonight

Far better than last night but then I find myself being called by that foul siren of Pokémon X

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    What a horrible raid night. We spent an hour wiping to H Immerseus. Whyyyyyy.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    What a horrible raid night. We spent an hour wiping to H Immerseus. Whyyyyyy.
    Sadism

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    We then went on to 1-shot H Protectors, Norushen and Sha. Immerseus is easier than all of them :(

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Crayon wrote:

At the risk of losing this to a new thread, check out the QueueSpy addon. It should be able to tell you if it's a fresh run when it pops.

Update: FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got Spoils down last night! Thank you Baby Raptor Jesus! We got some solid pulls on Thok, too! I'm expecting us to get him down tonight. I'd love 1-2 solid pulls on Siegecrafter after that, but I'm not holding my breath.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Crayon wrote:

At the risk of losing this to a new thread, check out the QueueSpy addon. It should be able to tell you if it's a fresh run when it pops.

Update: FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got Spoils down last night! Thank you Baby Raptor Jesus! We got some solid pulls on Thok, too! I'm expecting us to get him down tonight. I'd love 1-2 solid pulls on Siegecrafter after that, but I'm not holding my breath.

QueueSpy doesn't work anymore according to its Wowinterface page. Blizzard broke the ability to check bosses, nice of them.

.........fuck

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    So I got back into WoW for a month and I seem to hit the Justice Point cap. Can I buy anything worthwhile in 4.2 with them?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Crayon wrote:

You must have long raids, then. We had our best run ever last week clearing Nazgrim on the first night (probably could have gotten Malkorok but some people were falling asleep so we called it 1/2 hour early or so. Spent two hours total.)

Full disclosure: we extended so only had to do Dark Shaman ->

.........I don't want to talk about why Dark Shaman didn't die last week.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    So I got back into WoW for a month and I seem to hit the Justice Point cap. Can I buy anything worthwhile in 4.2 with them?

JPs will buy the old 5.0 and 5.1 Valor Point items. Plus you can still use them to convert to Honor (at a rate of 250 Honor per 500 JP spent) and pick up some PvP gear.

You can also use JPs to upgrade your Heirlooms to 1-85 if you haven't, yet.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

JPs will buy the old 5.0 and 5.1 Valor Point items. Plus you can still use them to convert to Honor (at a rate of 250 Honor per 500 JP spent) and pick up some PvP gear.

Ah, I meant 5.4. I don't think I need 5.0 or 5.1 valor gear. Where are they? Or are you talking about the faction quatarmasters. Oh and I don't PVP on my mage. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    you could still use the honor to buy the old pvp and wintergrasp mounts, if you don't have them yet

edit: or old pvp stuff to transmog, and I think the cata trade goods vendor is still there (to level an alt's profession or sometimes that stuff sells decently)

SaraLuna on
This discussion has been closed.