As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Supply Delivery #2

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2013 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Supply Delivery #2

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    If they wait long enough, those cats will fatten up... Dem's good eats...

• Options
    jskangjskang Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nuclear MosquitoNuclear Mosquito Lord of the Inner VoidRegistered User regular
    Abby from strip search really should've been there, According to her she want's all the c...

There is no such thing as can't: You're only experiencing difficulties while trying...
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Is there a reason these are so small in Dog's posts? The new PA and Trenches comics get posted at pretty much full size in the bots' autoposts.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Is there a reason these are so small in Dog's posts? The new PA and Trenches comics get posted at pretty much full size in the bots' autoposts.

They probably need some traffic on the campcomic site.

There is no such thing as can't: You're only experiencing difficulties while trying...
  • Options

They probably need some traffic on the campcomic site.

Well I am just looking at them full size by right-clicking and hitting "open image in new tab" in these threads so I am not sure how that all works.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It would work if you click the link in the posts to go through and visit Katie's awesome site :)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »
    It would work if you click the link in the posts to go through and visit Katie's awesome site :)

I have visited the site, and it is indeed awesome, I'm just saying if the reason the comics are posted tiny here on the forum is that it's supposed to encourage people to go to the site I'm not sure it's going to work...and I don't know how doing stuff like opening the images in a new tab counts for traffic purposes with where the files are hosted, etc. :?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Anyway, in regards to the comic itself...cross-posted from the other thread...
    If you just read the comics it isn't entirely clear that Weedonwantcha is a camp where parents literally just abandon their kids and never come back, it's just sort of very bleak and surreal.

Not that it isn't bleak and surreal once you read the new readers page and find that out, it just makes the bleakness and surrealism more pronounced. I personally am 100% on board with this premise. Can't wait to learn more about this place and see the kind of dangers/challenges the kids have to deal with. In my fantasy world I can see this becoming an animated cartoon on TV; it may be too dark for kids (although stuff like Adventure Time is blazing a trail), but I can see it on Adult Swim or a similar programming block.

Also think it would make a kickass video game. Something like Bully, in the woods, with less adults and a lot more despair.

In short, Camp Weedonwantcha was only vaguely on my radar screen before and after just a few installments I am now hugely excited about it.

• Options
    Anyway, in regards to the comic itself...cross-posted from the other thread...
    If you just read the comics it isn't entirely clear that Weedonwantcha is a camp where parents literally just abandon their kids and never come back, it's just sort of very bleak and surreal.

Not that it isn't bleak and surreal once you read the new readers page and find that out, it just makes the bleakness and surrealism more pronounced. I personally am 100% on board with this premise. Can't wait to learn more about this place and see the kind of dangers/challenges the kids have to deal with. In my fantasy world I can see this becoming an animated cartoon on TV; it may be too dark for kids (although stuff like Adventure Time is blazing a trail), but I can see it on Adult Swim or a similar programming block.

Also think it would make a kickass video game. Something like Bully, in the woods, with less adults and a lot more despair.

In short, Camp Weedonwantcha was only vaguely on my radar screen before and after just a few installments I am now hugely excited about it.

Well, it only started around the 28th of October? Correct me if I'm wrong. But it is an excellent comic

• Options
    Justin138Justin138 HartsvilleRegistered User regular
    Keep up the awesome work! Can't wait for more.

• Options
    Dennis D.Dennis D. West Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    D'awwww.

• Options
    tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    And with that, we seem to have crossed into full-on Samuel-Beckett-esque existentialism.

• Options
    doublebackslashdoublebackslash Registered User regular
    and now I have to re-read EVERY SINGLE ONE to find the kitties. And it all started here.

• Options
    AzkulAzkul Registered User regular
    I found the cat.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    As long as there are cats, there is still hope for humankind.

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Well, I think that one cat found us.
    CONSPIRACY THEORY
    CONSPIRACY THEORY
    CONSPIRACY THEORY
    CONSPIRACY THEORY