As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic Feels

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    comic.php?date=02052007

you say tostada, i say webcomics

imdointhis on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You know, I was listening to Morgan Freeman on Neil deGrasse Tyson's show and he...kinda came off as a dumbass?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    He's got a smart voice is the thing. I've never heard him actually say anything in interviews that seemed particularly amazing. Just you know, kind of a nice actor.

Which I guess we should expect, I don't think narrating for shit makes you a scientist. But it feels weird.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I love that there is a focused joke in Kluwe's horrific death scene.

Who?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    A 45-pound chicken nugget was just unveiled in New Jersey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/worlds-largest-chicken-nugget_n_4174429.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Has anyone seen Ronnie?

RONNIE!

Also a webcomic:
    i-4J24GVP-950x10000.jpg

• Options
    Darius123Darius123 Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    statler wrote: »
    Emily Carroll (the Face All Red comic) has a new comic out called Out of Skin. I can't link to it, but look it up. It's fantastic.

I've already read it, and yes, it is amazing

Darius123 on
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    comic.php?date=03202009

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/worlds-largest-chicken-nugget_n_4174429.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Has anyone seen Ronnie?

RONNIE!

Also a webcomic:
    i-4J24GVP-950x10000.jpg

Wow, thats a huge chicken.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If you're in the business of nuggetizing chickens isn't it trivial to create one of any size by excreting more protonug solution before frying it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    If you're in the business of nuggetizing chickens isn't it trivial to create one of any size by excreting more protonug solution before frying it

right, but to be evenly cooked all the way through...

hmm

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    something I'm missing about Bad Machinery lately:

where have the boys been?

everyone got back from vacation at the end of the last arc and they kind of just...disappeared

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    puberty happened

god, aren't you reading the comic

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    9) A [a confessional is basically just a catholic gloryhole, right?]

I have that DVD.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

everyone got back from vacation at the end of the last arc and they kind of just...disappeared
    Dubh wrote: »
    puberty happened

god, aren't you reading the comic

The boys have discovered the internet and aren't expected out of their rooms again until 2018

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »

Has anyone seen Ronnie?

RONNIE!

It's a really bad nugget. Their first mistake was using bread crumbs instead of a tempura-type batter.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mv5cpwSvQ91qb05x1o1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mvi0lwG5Fy1qb05x1o1_1280.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    first two pages of my comic, btw
    67zV4Kb.png
    Jh3wGEm.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh shit, run, some Geordies are coming!!

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    That is very unique style, it looks great misc!

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    misc that looks great, the panels are wonderfully composed. like really.

FAQ on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »

The true tragedy of our silent medium is we will never be able to capture the full glory of a geordie accent

when I'm on my death bead, just put me in a room with Ross Noble and Sarah Millican just chattering to their hearts' content as I fade away from this world

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    thanks guys!

the character speaking is supposed to be welsh, actually, we'll see how well i can convey that in text

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The only thing I would say about the art, and this is like super duper quibbling mode

And also might just be me but I saw it and now I can't unsee it and I want to know if I'm crazy or not

Those very last two panels, the curve of the helmet goes right on up into the curve of the window and to the shadow, and it just like makes my eye think that the helmet is overlapping the panel above it or something, it weirds me out

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    419.jpg

mageormike on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Well, I think we're about to find out. And the time since vacation has been hard on the girls, so who knows how the boys are holding up.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I would ask that you consider maybe putting white space between panels. Since your comic is entirely black and white, it will frequently blend into the black borders. Also, thin borders will very frequently blend two panels into one.

Also, I say frequently frequently

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    smof wrote: »

The true tragedy of our silent medium is we will never be able to capture the full glory of a geordie accent

when I'm on my death bead, just put me in a room with Ross Noble and Sarah Millican just chattering to their hearts' content as I fade away from this world

I think I experienced that once when I had flu with a fever of 105°

• Options
    Last time I had the flu, it was just wolves everywhere

• Options
    Did the wolves have a Geordie accent?

• Options
    I didn't know wolves could have accents that weren't Geordie

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Since this is about feels, I would post two bits from girl genius, but they are so long, I doubt it would have enough of an impact.

I'm talking about Tarvek's "sister" and the ordinary boy.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    So they used a tempura-type batter for mcnuggets?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    have you ever had a mcnugget?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    2566.png

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    He's got a smart voice is the thing. I've never heard him actually say anything in interviews that seemed particularly amazing. Just you know, kind of a nice actor.

Which I guess we should expect, I don't think narrating for shit makes you a scientist. But it feels weird.

now-freeman-enhanced.gif

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Probably a thousand times I think.

• Options
    Oh fuck, why did I reread that part. I hated that chapter but that is some of the most emotional the potato people have made me.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    man, a nedroid update is like a warm blanket.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    FIDUSPAWN wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

Probably a thousand times I think.

Then you would know that they use a tempura style rather than bread crumbs

• Options
    I thought it was deep fried?

This discussion has been closed.