As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Government 2.0: Digital Boogaloo

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Moon pies suck star crunch for lifetime

Solution:Crunch Bar Moon Pies.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    A sort of star crunch moon pie canolli would be a revolution

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I can remember the cheap ACME brand cola that tasted flat even before you opened the can. Yum!

...How?

I dunno man, but when it would cost 10 cents a can I imagine they were just repackaging the waste from the RC Cola plant.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Jolt Cola was consumed in very unhealthy quantities in my high school. Though less so after they switched to cans, the cans were a bit more expensive so everyone switched to Bawls instead.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I can remember the cheap ACME brand cola that tasted flat even before you opened the can. Yum!

...How?

if you make something cheaply enough anything is possible. I remember having these cheap sandwich cookies that became way too soggy the instant they touched milk, as if they disappitated as soon as any mousture came near them. it boggled the mind

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm not sure where it was from, but one of the guys that used to come to tournaments in the early 00's, would sometimes bring cases of Chocolate Covered Cherry Cola, from .. somewhere in the US, but he never pinpointed where. As awful as it kinda sounds, it was just the perfect amount of flavoring , wasn't oversweet, and oh lord, I want some again

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Goodbye, government thread, fare thee well

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Is John McCain talking about busing lesbians to gay-deficient areas to bolster the gay quota?

Crazy Uncle John thinks that legislation adding gay people to the federal list of protected classes is reminiscent of integration efforts and that scares him.

e:Or he's trying to scare his voters by comparing ENDA to integration.

Hard to tell.

Edith Upwards on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    RC Cola is nasty

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Jolt Cola was consumed in very unhealthy quantities in my high school. Though less so after they switched to cans, the cans were a bit more expensive so everyone switched to Bawls instead.

I used to visit a Gamestop right next to my apartment about eight or nine years ago; one of the display stands had a few cases of Bawls up for grabs.

Me: "Oh, wow, haven't seen this stuff lately."

Girl-Behind-Counter: "Oh, man! I love Bawls! Tastes so good!"

Me: "You love the taste of Bawls?"

Girl: "Oh, shit. I walked right into that, didn't I?"

Me: "More like flung yourself at it with the wanton abandon of ... I'll let you figure out that part."

Girl: "I hate you so much right now, Mike."

Me: "Yes, I know."

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Is John McCain talking about busing lesbians to gay-deficient areas to bolster the gay quota?

Crazy Uncle John thinks that legislation adding gay people to the federal list of protected classes is reminiscent of integration efforts and that scares him.

e:Or he's trying to scare his voters by comparing ENDA to integration.

Hard to tell.

God damn gays taking all our jorbs

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    God damn gays rocking jorts better than I do

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So I guess there's a bitcoin ATM here in Vancouver now

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

brb, converting all my wealth to vastly fluctuating imaginary money

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lmao

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    bitcoin-kiosk-20130908_zpsefc3e4d9.jpg

it scans your palm print!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    does it send it directly to the nsa

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    as we meet the end

just want to you remember one thing

mFrTqWr.gif

Xehalus on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Beef Avenger.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    God damn gays rocking jorts better than I do

shants

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    here we are at the end, my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBFhdeR9PE

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

there's this extremely anti-authoritarian, anti-government type on my facebook friends list who told me about this

I asserted that bitcoins are a joke

he was less than impressed by this, as I understand

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

so you give it your bitcoin account info and it does the exchange and gives you Loonies? Or does it let you print up cash-like receipts for your bitcoin?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wait.

Isn't the whole point of Bitcoins that it is anonymous?

Why would you want to scan your handprint in and send it across the internet to...

bah. forget it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

so you give it your bitcoin account info and it does the exchange and gives you Loonies? Or does it let you print up cash-like receipts for your bitcoin?

Get the fuck out with that Loonies shit. We only use real money here: American dollars

JtgVX0H.png
    that's not *the* point, but is a point for the neckbearded criminals who hype it up so much

there's nothing about the system per se that necessitates anonymity as a condition of use

wasn't the silk road aka the whole reason bitcoins held any value at all just shut down?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah. And turns out the top heroin dealer on Silk Road turned informant some months ago.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    there's a slowly increases number of merchants who will accept them, but it's still embarrassingly few

and most of them are in europe

nothing will ever top the story of how the silk road operator was tracked down

he posted an alarmingly obvious question on a programmers help forum under either his criminal name or real name, and then changed it to something anonymous a few minutes later, and apparently the wayback machine or some sort of web crawler caught it, and that's how they started to track down his physical location

world class stupid

Darmak wrote: »

Get the fuck out with that Loonies shit. We only use real money here: American dollars

In Vancouver?
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wasn't the silk road aka the whole reason bitcoins held any value at all just shut down?

I have no idea what portion of the bitcoin market is held by criminal enterprises, so I don't know how much of that value was driven by scarcity among criminals, but I am fairly confident that someone will innovate another method of trading them for drugs and guns in fairly short order.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

In Vancouver?

I have no idea what portion of the bitcoin market is held by criminal enterprises, so I don't know how much of that value was driven by scarcity among criminals, but I am fairly confident that someone will innovate another method of trading them for drugs and guns in fairly short order.

Somebody sort of did

but then they didn't

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    supposedly folks have already made new math money for neckbeards

VayBJ4e.png
    Kwoaru wrote: »

In Vancouver?

Somebody sort of did

but then they didn't

rekt

Kwoaru wrote: »

In Vancouver?

Somebody sort of did

but then they didn't

lmao

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    I mean to be fair

That guy was only accelerating the natural process of everyone losing all their money invested in bitcoins anyway

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    the technical term is "arbitrage"

it's what separates fools from their money

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hahaha, what in the everlasting fuck

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.