As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Miles is just going NOPENOPENOPE

"Hey there's a portal over there going to another universe. Peace out!"

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Galactus: "Oh, it's one of those spiderpeople. Better get rid of him first, they always mess up my dinner plans."

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Galactus: "Oh, it's one of those spiderpeople. Better get rid of him first, they always mess up my dinner plans."

Spidey still has one of my favorite 'defeating Galactus' moments

2643196-2450546_spiderman_vs_galactus_super.jpg

and thanks to you guys on this forum, I got to both, find out where it was from, and then own it!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    WiseMan, that is one of my favorite Spider-Man moments. Also, the entire Marvel Adventures line is awesome.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That Nick Fury paratrooping into Galactus's face just makes me want to see a Galactus/Helicarrier faceoff now, wherein Galactus might piledrive the Helicarrier.

Seeing that made me think "What was your actual plan there, Nick? Parachuting directly into the invincible space god's face? Well, you did that.

Good job."

H9f4bVe.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    "Bitch, I'm going to be the worst spec of dust in your eye that you've EVER had!"

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    That Nick Fury paratrooping into Galactus's face just makes me want to see a Galactus/Helicarrier faceoff now, wherein Galactus might piledrive the Helicarrier.

Seeing that made me think "What was your actual plan there, Nick? Parachuting directly into the invincible space god's face? Well, you did that.

Good job."

Yeah, that was my first thought too. It also makes Fury look like some kind of gloryhound, parachuting where all can see, front and center on the big guy.

Then again, knowing Fury, maybe he's looking to get embedded in Galactus's skin pores and start an uprising from within, organizing the innumerable parasites, illnesses, and space flu bugs populating the vast countenance of Galactus.

"GALACTUS HAS NO HUNGER NOW, GALACTUS MUST GET LEAVE OF ABSENCE FORM AND HAVE MY HERALDS GO TO WALGREENS. I MUST LIE DOWN, AND DRINK A BIG GULP."

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    edited September 2013
    The big buy is not fucking around.

Guess he wants the planet well-done this time.

Linespider5 on
    I bet he's thinking "This isn't 616 Earth. I might actually be able to destroy this one!"

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    If you're still living in Ultimate New York you only have yourself to blame

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I bet he's thinking "This isn't 616 Earth. I might actually be able to destroy this one!"

Then he sees Reed and freaks out.

"Oh God another one! I am so out of here!"

Quire.jpg
    Vision is back! <3 Fialkov (from next months 0.1 cata issue)
    Cataclysm-Point-One-001-b454f.jpg
    Cataclysm-Point-One-003-f092e.jpg

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Wait, was that Falcon in cyberspace?

Also, yay ultimate vision.

I'm...not entirely sure what is supposed to be happening in that preview.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    some eroticon shows up

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Falcon had a crush on Vision when she showed up so neat to see that continued years later

CYpGAPn.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Wait, what happen to the really tall and thin slenderman looking vision?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, good question. All those West Coast Ultimates seem to have faded into obscurity pretty rapidly.

H9f4bVe.png
    So a death that bummed me out pretty bad in Hunger this week:
    Good Night, Mahr-Vell, sweet prince.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So a death that bummed me out pretty bad in Hunger this week:
    Good Night, Mahr-Vell, sweet prince.

He deserved better. But it was a hell of a way to go.

Quire.jpg
    edited October 2013
    lets not be too quick to call this done
    http://www.amazon.com/Cataclysm-The-Ultimates-Last-Stand/dp/078518919X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

"COLLECTING: Cataclysm: The Ulimates' Last Stand 1-5, Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man 1-3, Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men 1-3, Cataclysm: Ultimates 1-3, Hunger 1-4, Cataclysm 0.1, Ultimate Prologue 1"

UltimateInferno on

I'm gonna go with the guess that it drops down to one book starring Miles, maybe with a back-up that rotates through the universe.

Ultimate Comics

CYpGAPn.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just ordered the first volume of UCU by Humphries. I also traded in a bunch of old books for volume 2 of Wood's UCXM but the shop didn't have volume 1.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    should honestly skip the humphries stuff, pretty mediocre and doesn't contribute a whole lot.

edited October 2013
    I'll give the first UCU volume a chance. How was Wood's UCXM overall?

wirehead26 on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I really liked what Wood did with UCXM. Some of the characterization is pretty off but the concept of the run is quite interesting.

Hmm, the last issue of Cataclysm isn't solicited for January, only issue 4. Wonder what the delay is about? All the 3 part minis still end that month.

Spider-Man #28 was probably the best issue yet (helps that Miles has a supporting cast now), and is sure written like a book that doesnt have a universe ending.

also cataclysm 0.1 preview on comixology http://www.comixology.com/Cataclysm-0-1/digital-comic/49718

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was great and the "final issue" stuff did seem odd to me.

Loved the little team there. And Marquez's layouts were great.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    edited October 2013
    The Cataclysm 0.1 preview looks so good. Hopefully Fialkov gets more work after the event, Ultimate titles or not.

Read the Humphries UCU book and the first two Wood UCXM trades. UCU was OK at best but the X-men stuff was pretty great I thought. I'm getting the "last" UCU trade next week and I hope Fialkov will keep up his usual quality.

wirehead26 on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So uhmm...Falcon is fucking a robot?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So uhmm...Falcon is fucking a robot?

Love is love.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    some say love is like a river

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    that drowns the tender reed

I skimmed through Cataclysm 0.1 and it was pretty good, nothing amazing though.

World war X is over.

And I still have no idea what was going on with Jean or how or why Xorn died. Did I miss something?

The fuck?

Quire.jpg
    World war X is over.

And I still have no idea what was going on with Jean or how or why Xorn died. Did I miss something?

The fuck?

Xorn died in the aftermath of the children vs the people I guess, and will probably never be expanded on.

Wood is just going with "power xorrupts" for jeans attitude. And I'm guessing her staying alive was more editorial than wood, so he did what he could.

I never read the Hawkeye mini so I had no idea where Xorn and Zorn came from in Hickman's second Ultimates story arc. I also didn't know Sinister came back during the Bunn Wolverine mini.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I never read the Hawkeye mini so I had no idea where Xorn and Zorn came from in Hickman's second Ultimates story arc. I also didn't know Sinister came back during the Bunn Wolverine mini.

Basically, Asian dictatorship created a bunch of superhumans as a weapon. Those superhumans, led by the 'orns, revolted and took over Southeast Asia as a mutant utopia.